Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

markodaly wrote: »
    I guess you aren't shocked at the level of racism on display on the subsequent Twitter thread?

This is going to a lonnng campaign for the perpetually outraged if this gets them so worked up.

I don't give a crap about some random twitter spats.

I do care about our elected "leader" showing contempt to reasonable citizens asking questions, and a complicit media.

This isn't the US (or the UK, which has succumbed to such tactics)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I guess you aren't shocked at the level of racism on display on the subsequent Twitter thread?

This is going to a lonnng campaign for the perpetually outraged if this gets them so worked up.

Like to the twitter thread please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I thought Bertie told Morgan Kelly to kill himself?

Did VB say that to Enda?

Ahern told anyone questioning the house of sand the boom (that was getting boomier) was built on should kill themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Phoebas wrote: »
    Have a read back. The majority of the complaints against Varadkar were not that he politicised it, but that he was responsible for (the conditions that led to) it.

So you believe it was a coincidence that he attempted to throw Paul McAuliffe the DCC Mayor under the bus rather than him taking a political shot at McAuliffe who is running in the Dublin North West constituency where he is favoured by some, after polling 2,300 FPV in the local elections, to take the FG seat of Noel Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Varadkar and Fine Gael prioritise Europe first and ireland second. Can't wait till he's out of office along with his party.

Finna fail are not much better but always felt they treated the working man fairly and put ireland first over Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ahern told anyone questioning the house of sand the boom (that was getting boomier) was built on should kill themselves.

Vincent invoked a literary and filmic trope for political failure and apologised when it was taken out of that context.

Ahern basically gave an instruction. Did he ever apologise for it?

One was by orders of magnitude worse than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I emailed a local FF td about this scandal with the rip off apartments in dundrum, got a bull**** answer, "we have to provide" housing etc, yeah. You have to provide rip off housing do you? while the renters in your constituency are doing without more social or affordable housing, because of your appalling waste or resources?

Ive just been out in the car and have seen all the morons on the posters etc. I'm voting FG again, dont feel good about it, they are a joke. But the other crowd are worse, I dont need to put them in, to find out!

If things go bust again, all the transport projects will be shelved for a start. More money thrown at welfare. and if FF were interested in votes on housing, they better come out with their plan, pretty soon AND make it a red line issue for forming coalition or confidence and supply, put your money where your mouth is, or save us the crocodile tears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Vincent invoked a literary and filmic trope for political failure and apologised when it was taken out of that context.

Ahern basically gave an instruction. Did he ever apologise for it?

One was by orders of magnitude worse than the other.
    No fan of Aherne too much of a cute hoor. However he gave no instructions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/taoiseach-apologises-for-suicide-comments-1.809130

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that they put the poster up after the incident, and in full knowledge of it?

Of all the conspiracy theories around here, that is the most bizarre.

Not a conspiracy theory, a reasonable assumption seeing as the accident happened at 1pm on the day the election was called.

Maybe the posters were up before the election was announced? Is that what you're saying ?

The incident happened at the Wilton Terrace/Leeson Street junction along the Grand Canal in Dublin at 1pm yesterday afternoon.
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.ie/irish-news/homeless-man-suffers-life-changing-injuries-after-tent-is-removed-during-clean-up-38863867.html

From yesterday's independent, so the incident happened when?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I emailed a local FF td about this scandal with the rip off apartments in dundrum, got a bull**** answer, "we have to provide" housing etc, yeah. You have to provide rip off housing do you? while the renters in your constituency are doing without more social or affordable housing, because of your appalling waste or resources?

Ive just been out in the car and have seen all the morons on the posters etc. I'm voting FG again, dont feel good about it, they are a joke. But the other crowd are worse, I dont need to put them in, to find out!

If things go bust again, all the transport projects will be shelved for a start. More money thrown at welfare. and if FF were interested in votes on housing, they better come out with their plan, pretty soon AND make it a red line issue for forming coalition or confidence and supply, put your money where your mouth is, or save us the crocodile tears!

I doubt if FF will pay much notice to people demanding they have red line issues, when those demanding have already said come what may they are voting FG.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Phoebas wrote: »
    Although there is a serious scandal here that needs to be addressed.
    Not that the council failed to check that a man was in there - I'm assuming that that was a bit of negligence rather than anything malign, but that DCC were removing the tents in the first place.

And not removing them to safe storage. Did they give any thought to the homeless people who would arrive back later in the evening to find what little they owned gone and destroyed.

Yeah, I thought that as well.
    But the council probably can't be bothered addressing the problem head-on outside of office hours, talking with them personally and offering alternatives.

I did see some extra info released, that he was African.
    Why do we even accept people into the country if we can't look after them?
    Just to score morality/political points in the EU ?

https://extra.ie/2020/01/16/news/irish-news/homeless-mans-screams-alerted-workers-to-the-fact-that-he-was-still-inside-his-tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A young homeless woman has died in emergency accommodation today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not a conspiracy theory, a reasonable assumption seeing as the accident happened at 1pm on the day the election was called.

Maybe the posters were up before the election was announced? Is that what you're saying ?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.independent.ie/irish-news/homeless-man-suffers-life-changing-injuries-after-tent-is-removed-during-clean-up-38863867.html

From yesterday's independent, so the incident happened when?
    Are you suggesting that they put the poster up after the incident, and in full knowledge of it?

Of all the conspiracy theories around here, that is the most bizarre.

Well, first of all, happened to see Chris Andrews posters at 12.30 while walking in the Christchurch area on the day, and second of all, you only answered half my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

When?
    Before we were in the EU and before we need to have every build up to A2 BER standards?

Its a fallacy to think that becasue we built 2 up 2 down social houses in the 30s that we can just do that again, when legally we cannot. Newer solutions need to be thought up, not some Trumpian idea of 'sure it was great back in the day'

Silly argument. I never said anything about the spec of the houses. Obviously they have have to past muster legally, just as they did when they old social housing was built, The fact that legal requirements change doesn't alter the principle, or that fact that such building took place when the country was poorer. It's not money that's stopping the government, it's slavish adherence to dogma.

Well, first of all, happened to see Chris Andrews posters at 12.30 while walking in the Christchurch area on the day,

A Sinn Fein TD?

Course you did - it was always going to be a shinners poster you seen :D

and second of all, you only answered half my point.

As did you have with the last two points I made.
    and for one of Leo's handler's to tell him to make sure and keep his neck wound in a bit when asked about it.

The millions they spent on the PR spin unit was absolutely wasted by the looks of things

, again convenient .

Getting back to you anyway.
    blanch152 wrote:
    and in full knowledge of it?

Let's have a look at the photo shall we.

https://twitter.com/unspeakable28/status/1217389809813086208?s=09

So either the people putting up the poster obviously missed the cordoned off area after the incident, or his posters were put up before it took place, ie before the election was called.

Painted yourself into a corner blanch.

Again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

on the homeless issue, some here, constantly decrying it, every country in the world has homeless issues, not just this banana republic, very well run countries. If you do have all the solutions, please get in touch with the english, germans, french, danes etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I hope Eoghan Murphy loses his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A Sinn Fein TD?

Course you did - it was always going to be a shinners poster you seen :D

As did you have with the last two points I made.

, again convenient .

Getting back to you anyway.

Let's have a look at the photo shall we.

https://twitter.com/unspeakable28/status/1217389809813086208?s=09

So either the people putting up the poster obviously missed the cordoned off area after the incident, or his posters were put up before it took place, ie before the election was called.

Painted yourself into a corner blanch.

Again. :D

And how would they know what the area was cordoned off for?

And how would they know what the area was cordoned off for?

The Garda presence still visible in the photo below obviously wouldn't have told them if they asked.

Other scenario, they blatantly disregarded the taped off area, that is synonymous with crime/serious accident scene, and the gards never said tickety boo to them when they did so.

Would you ever get up the yard with your absolute bolloxology please.

Seriously, stop digging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

https://twitter.com/iancognito16/status/1217738403007037440

Leo is terrible in public, reminds me of Scott Morrison's performance recently in Australia

He's not great in government either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Garda presence still visible in the photo below obviously wouldn't have told them if they asked.

Other scenario, they blatantly disregarded the taped off area, that is synonymous with crime/serious accident scene, and the gards never said tickety boo to them when they did so.

Would you ever get up the yard with your absolute bolloxology please.

Seriously, stop digging.

You should go to the media with your theory, dude.

storker wrote: »
    Silly argument. I never said anything about the spec of the houses. Obviously they have have to past muster legally, just as they did when they old social housing was built, The fact that legal requirements change doesn't alter the principle, or that fact that such building took place when the country was poorer. It's not money that's stopping the government, it's slavish adherence to dogma.

He does that a lot then runs away. The argument that building social housing like we did means lead pipes and no insulation is the height of sh*te talk IMO.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    on the homeless issue, some here, constantly decrying it, every country in the world has homeless issues, not just this banana republic, very well run countries. If you do have all the solutions, please get in touch with the english, germans, french, danes etc...

Are their leaders ignoring it and saying it's worse elsewhere?

You should go to the media with your theory, dude.

The media, for what? (It's been in the media since Tuesday)

Because some posters were put up before they officially were supposed to - (meh big deal) or because some fcukpots erecting posters didn't have gumption not to place them where they did?

Murphy's already tweeted that they've been removed by the way.

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1217458810018836481?s=19

Duuuude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

He does that a lot then runs away. The argument that building social housing like we did means lead pipes and no insulation is the height of sh*te talk IMO.

I thought the "Trumpian" guilt-by-association attempt was the highest lowest point.

Marcella Corcoran Kennedy currently on Newstalk getting torn a new one ref their plans to ban the sale of diesel and petrol motors.

It's illegal under EU Law apparently.

She's been accused of being a liar, and it ain't going down too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The media, for what? (It's been in the media since Tuesday)

Because some posters were put up before they officially were supposed to - (meh big deal) or because some fcukpots erecting posters didn't have gumption not to place them where they did?

Murphy's already tweeted that they've been removed by the way.

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1217458810018836481?s=19

Duuuude.

Somehow I think that he's removed it more because of the obvious and negative PR than any recognition of the actual problem that led to the incident in the first place.

He's demanded a report.. To say what? That some council lad didn't realise the tent was occupied while he was clearing the area. I'm sure that guy feels bad enough as it is over what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Marcella Corcoran Kennedy currently on Newstalk getting torn a new one ref their plans to ban the sale of diesel and petrol motors.

It's illegal under EU Law apparently.

She's been accused of being a liar, and it ain't going down too well.

They best talk to the other numerous EU countries which have similar plans so, including auto powerhouse Germany.

Who said it was illegal?

They best talk to the other numerous EU countries which have similar plans so, including auto powerhouse Germany.

Who said it was illegal?

Are you disputing what was said:confused:

If only Newstalk had a website that made listening back to the entire conversation possible.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Are you disputing what was said:confused:

If only Newstalk had a website that made listening back to the entire conversation possible.......

Jaysus, perhaps a little courtesy and manners, no need to be so rude.

All I asked was who told the panel that it was 'illegal'.
    A simple name or a 'don't know' would have sufficed.

And yes, I doubt the claim itself was true, because Germany, France, Holland just to name a few have similar plans in motion. So I guess whoever said it 'illegal' talking out of their ass.

Advertisement