Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭satguy

They should have built more homes, people need a place to call home and not have to pay €1400 PM in rent.

But instead they seemed to think giving Wesley College a third hockey pitch was a good idea, while people are living on the streets.
    Plus they keep giving Dinny state contracts,, they made him a Billionaire ,, well done FG

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Of course she mislead the Dail.

People are so naive.

I think the problem is people being willfully naive.
    The 'somebody else made me do it' is no defence among children nor among politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Has it been removed?

Ha they deleted it! People have the original downloaded on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Ha they deleted it! People have the original downloaded on twitter.

Any links to the original, now they've deleted it, it's making me all the more curious.

Probably wouldn't have been that bothered otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Any links to the original, now they've deleted it, it's making me all the more curious.

Probably wouldn't have been that bothered otherwise.

Look up FG hashtags on twitter. Jesus they're having a howler pr wise.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Look up FG hashtags on twitter. Jesus they're having a howler pr wise.

What a bunch of tools.

Fine Gael removes controversial Election 2020 campaign video within 12 hours of being posted online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Again, did she or didn't she mislead the Dáil?

Yes she did. Why she did it has nothing to do with it. At the time, the only proper thing was her removal from the Dáil (which is what should have happened) by her leader or her own resignation.

Ah, so defaulting back to type so.

See ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I defy anyone to find real fault with that video.

This surely is just the voices of cranks on twitter.:
    Indo wrote:
    Some complained online that it was inappropriate to upload the video after a week of controversy about gangland violence and homelessness.

Phoebas wrote: »

Seen it yesterday myself and thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well if someone said so on Twitter, it must be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

That was pathetic and amateurish.
    I would of thought it bad enough being called the black and tan party without feeling the need to add the prefix nasty to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Stupid, immature. There's two faults right there.
    Leo having to defend idiocy instead of campaigning says it all about FG. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

# Slap together a quick funny video
    # Post it on Twitter
    # Elements of the Twitterati complain about it.
    # Take it down
    # Newspapers publish the 'story'
    # This gets more discussion going across wider media / social media.
    # Video goes 'viral'.

Pretty basic social media strategy I'd say.

^^^^

It was all part of a cunning plan.

**Twiddles moustache**

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

charlie14 wrote: »
    That was pathetic and amateurish.
    I would of thought it bad enough being called the black and tan party without feeling the need to add the prefix nasty to it.

The funniest part of that story isn't the video at all...
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar denied Fine Gael's aggressive Twitter posts make it the 'nasty party' of the election.

He said: "Not at all. we're a very kind and caring party. We're absolutely committed to making our country a better place."

Tell that to those sitting on trolleys in hospital, paying massive rents and unable to buy a home , stuck in traffic 2/3 hours a day, looking at their business closing because of ridiculous insurance quotes, still living from paycheque to paycheque.

Out of touch doesn't begin to describe him and his party!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The funniest part of that story isn't the video at all...

Tell that to those sitting on trolleys in hospital, paying massive rents and unable to buy a home , stuck in traffic 2/3 hours a day, looking at their business closing because of ridiculous insurance quotes, still living from paycheque to paycheque.

Out of touch doesn't begin to describe him and his party!

As we seen with the RIC/DMP, Maria Bailey episodes, extracting themselves from the mess is where FG seem to do the most damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What the f*** is this nonsense? :)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/fine-gael-removes-controversial-election-2020-campaign-video-within-12-hours-of-being-posted-online-38872531.html

Fine if you're bored and its 2003 but is this the level of the people running the country?
    Pathetic and sad. I can see Leo thinking it's gas. What a bunch of dolts. Imagine you're an adult interested in politics and they have you running around making an arse of yourself? Glad they are having fun the clowns.
    Fine Gael the brat and petulant child party.

# Post it on Twitter
    # Take it down
    # Video goes 'viral'.

Having the 'nasty party' tag repeated in a national paper is not going to play well. But sure spin away. ;-)

# Post it on Twitter
    # Take it down
    # Video goes 'viral'.

....and take it down when you make a complete arse of yourself and the campaign.
    I read about it in the paper. Hardly confined to Twitter. Is Twitter so last week now?
    Glad he's so over the whole homeless guy put in hospital. Sure it's all in fun *steps over homeless chlld*
    Out of touch how are ya.

• Advertisement

They must have been shooting it when Leo was making political points off the Mayor.
    What's the discussion I wonder? To do list: show compassion/damage control. Pose with fork lift. Make fun video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What an absolute shower of childish pricks.

Health in crisis, no rental market for working professionals, multiple gang wars, insurance cartels operating with impunity and these **** instead of producing credible solutions only real game plan is to just to go after FF.

They are hopeless, absolutely hopeless. Honestly they are better saying nothing for the next few weeks.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    What an absolute shower of childish pricks.

Health in crisis, no rental market for working professionals, multiple gang wars, insurance cartels operating with impunity and these **** instead of producing credible solutions only real game plan is to just to go after FF.

They are hopeless, absolutely hopeless. Honestly they are better saying nothing for the next few weeks.

This is what we get with the FF/FG system. They know they only need compete with FF. The many social problems and crises are just stuff that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This is what we get with the FF/FG system. They know they only need compete with FF. The many social problems and crises are just stuff that happens.

It would be hilarious if it was not so serious as they now attack each other. They are bedfellows and should just get on with it and consolidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    They are bedfellows and should just get on with it and consolidate.

Always seems to be those hostile to FF/FG that want them to do this. Might be a clue there as to why they never contemplate it...

Always seems to be those hostile to FF/FG that want them to do this. Might be a clue there as to why they never contemplate it...

Genuine question but what separates the two largest parties? The fact one has supported the other for four years demonstrates to many there is little to no difference . Personally I believe the only thing stopping them merging is ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar denied Fine Gael's aggressive Twitter posts make it the 'nasty party' of the election.

He said: "Not at all. we're a very kind and caring party. We're absolutely committed to making our country a better place."

hashtag LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

You'd have to think the FG PR department will get P45s in February. They have been woeful for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Genuine question but what separates the two largest parties? The fact one has supported the other for four years demonstrates to many there is little to no difference . Personally I believe the only thing stopping them merging is ego.

There's that of course but I don't see how it would benefit either of the parties or the interests they represent on any level. The combined seat total would almost certainly fall, possibly to the point where the combined 'left' opposition would have an overall majority...

• Advertisement

There's that of course but I don't see how it would benefit either of the parties or the interests they represent on any level. The combined seat total would almost certainly fall, possibly to the point where the combined 'left' opposition would have an overall majority...

Therein lies what could be viewed as the reason why they haven't merged. Control of government and opposition. A pretence to opposing one another. The last four years has lifted the veil on the pretence.

Advertisement