Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see they might get into a spot of bother over comments Leo made today at an event with Tim Cook (Apple)

Comments from the same Barry Cowen who was caught up in the Dail voting scandel, whose brother went on national radio drunk during the economic crisis and was bascily asleep at the wheel when Ireland lost its economic sovereignty? That Barry Cowen?

I also note, that FF are often times complaining that FG are calling them out on their policies. Note, FF do not refute the claims but go down the route of claiming that FG being out of order becasue of this or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shatter was proven to have done nothing wrong?

Same with Fitzgerald?

Didn't Varadkar bring this issue to the forefront years ago when no-one else would listen?

As we were saying.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1219538789938405376?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The spin unit will be the downfall of them. Fine Gael are playing politics while the country stumbles through many key issues.this is why they in for a rude awakening.

smurgen wrote: »
    The spin unit will be the downfall of them. Fine Gael are playing politics while the country stumbles through many key issues.this is why they in for a rude awakening.

According to the internal report everyone is a wanker except them, and the various crises in the country (health/housing etc) are manufactured fallacies by left wing sympathetic curly lipped fcukpots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Idbatterim wrote: »
    lads, I would like to compile a list of FG poor performance, to be used on boards and elsewhere, as a reference to the **** show they and many of their td's have provided us with. This will be particularly useful in the run up to the GE

In the roughly nine years they are in power, can we start compiling a list? I know Matt , Johnny Doggs and the usual suspects will be along shortly to assist :D

Dara Murphy
    Maria Bailey
    NCH
    NBP
    health crisis
    housing crisis

Hopefully you have an hour or so to help me massively expand this list lads! I will give FG credit for telling RTE to live within their means, which will still be outrageous means, but some credit where it is due :rolleyes:

Dont thin we can really blame FG for the printer scandal either?

Leo's PR has been a disaster. His handling of Brexit with Simon and their minister for information Neale Richmond has been cring worthy.

The constant virtue signaling and the comments about eating meat.

Will he even finish second in Dublin West?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

His handling of Brexit with Simon and their minister for information Neale Richmond has been cring worthy.

?
    Even his harshest critics would concede that they did a decent job on Brexit.

Phoebas wrote: »
    ?
    Even his harshest critics would concede that they did a decent job on Brexit.

How, they are despised in the and of our closest and most important neighbour. FF were even making comments that they needed to tone it down.

Damage repair now ans they chnaged nothing from the result and likely pushed a harder exit.

Leo's PR has been a disaster. His handling of Brexit with Simon and their minister for information Neale Richmond has been cring worthy.

The constant virtue signaling and the comments about eating meat.

Will he even finish second in Dublin West?

It's his constant cowering and bootlicking that gets me.would you ever forget his performance for Trump? Can you golf?"I can Learn" and then hinting at political interference to help trump's commercial interests joking about calling Clare County Council about the planning permission after Trump raised concerns with him.no problem making us sound like a corrupted crony state.

It's his constant cowering and bootlicking that gets me.would you ever forget his performance for Trump? Can you golf?"I can Learn" and then hinting at political interference to help trump's commercial interests joking about calling Clare County Council about the planning permission after Trump raised concerns with him.no problem making us sound like a corrupted crony state.

Yeah and then Trump threw him under the bus in front of all the worlds media when asked about Brexit. Trump just looked at him like a total chump.

Leo tried to invent himself as Europes Justin Trudeau but he didn't realise Justin is the butt of global ridicule.

I see Mr. Cook was telling people, Varadkar among the number, that we need overhaul the global tax system when it comes to multinationals. How about telling Varadkar to take the 13bn? These people pontificate and vying for an intership post election Varadkar gives the man an award today too.

10921680.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

Well I live by Apples head quarters in Cork.The "local" FG TD was Dara Murphy.Maybe if he wasn't so busy double jobbing and ripping off the tax payers he could have called in and presented the award with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I see Mr. Cook was telling people, Varadkar among the number, that we need overhaul the global tax system when it comes to multinationals. How about telling Varadkar to take the 13bn? These people pontificate and vying for an intership post election Varadkar gives the man an award today too.
    They believe the judgement is wrong and are challenging it as is their right. Even if we "get" the money it's not ours and it will more than likely go to the IRS and any other jurisdiction who fancies they can get a slice of it. BTW Martin has the same stance on the case.

Just thought of another.remeber Leo promised to get the bank debt refinanced at the ECB only to fail miserably?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

is_that_so wrote: »
    They believe the judgement is wrong and are challenging it as is their right. Even if we "get" the money it's not ours and it will more than likely go to the IRS and any other jurisdiction who fancies they can get a slice of it. BTW Martin has the same stance on the case.

In the least it's the principle. Varadkar won't comment now as the proceedings are current. You've him giving an award to the CEO of a company owes the state 13bn in taxes, (to be confirmed) pontificating to the country, the Taoiseach included, about how we should reform corporate taxation. Be nice to see him hand out an award to a worker in a food back. It's elitist behaviour.
    What Martin does or does not do in no way lets Varadkar off the hook for what he is. Those days are leaving us thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Paschal Donohoe's biggest regret: 'Not managing the National Children’s Hospital better'

As an escape from the hurly-burly of politics, Paschal Donohoe loves to get lost in a bit of science fiction. On the window sill beside his desk in the Department of Finance sits a collection of bobble-head figurines and collectibles, including Darth Vader and Chewbacca from Star Wars, the new Doctor Who (Jodie Whittaker), a Dalek and the Flash.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/paschal-donohoe-s-biggest-regret-not-managing-the-national-children-s-hospital-better-1.4149199?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Feconomy%2Fpaschal-donohoe-s-biggest-regret-not-managing-the-national-children-s-hospital-better-1.4149199

I should hope so. Anywhere else he'd be sacked.
    Are all candidates getting a nice puff piece?

Uh oh!looks like the childrens hospital cost is now looking to hit 2.4 billion and that this will mean other key infrastructure investments will not now go ahead! Disaster. https://www.businesspost.ie/health/building-projects-at-risk-over-childrens-hospital-overruns-hse-warns-b9ee0132

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Uh oh!looks like the childrens hospital cost is now looking to hit 2.4 billion and that this will mean other key infrastructure investments will not now go ahead! Disaster. https://www.businesspost.ie/health/building-projects-at-risk-over-childrens-hospital-overruns-hse-warns-b9ee0132

Mark my words, it will hit 3bn. People should be on the streets over the mismanagement of this.

Other critical funding suffers.

I wonder the way the late late show has Arlene Foster on Friday and that will undoubtedly be an anti SF move in the balance of fairness could they also get on a few patients that have waited on trolleys in the last few months or some made homeless under FG's reign?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Throw in the National Broadband @ 3 Billion and you looking at even more infrastructure projects being hit.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Throw in the National Broadband @ 3 Billion and you looking at even more infrastructure projects being hit.

At 2.4 billion that'll be a variance of 400% with the initial budget. In any other line of business they'd all the sacked.complete amateurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think Catherine Murphy needs to do some investigation work similar to Siteserv in 2013 on both.

I'd say there is a lot to unravel beneath the surface of both.

FG after Bailey, the two Murphy and Farrell are certainly going for heavy handed political correct stable door bolting.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I think Catherine Murphy needs to do some investigation work similar to Siteserv in 2013 on both.

I'd say there is a lot to unravel beneath the surface of both.

If she does then on broadband there is one name from Siteserv that will be familiar to her.

If she does then on broadband there is one name from Siteserv that will be familiar to her.

I have been saying it for ages, an enquiry on the NBP is pretty much a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

At 2.4 billion that'll be a variance of 400% with the initial budget. In any other line of business they'd all the sacked.complete amateurs.

400% variance and yet FG are preaching that they are financially prudent and can be trusted with the economy

Madness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

It borders on criminal. I wonder who is benefiting from the overspend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    400% variance and yet FG are preaching that they are financially prudent and can be trusted with the economy

Madness

Yeah and it’s the truth. They are ****. But there is no doubt in my mind , the others are even bigger idiots. They just haven’t been given the chance to prove it

Yeah and it’s the truth. They are ****. But there is no doubt in my mind , the others are even bigger idiots. They just haven’t been given the chance to prove it

At this stage with the Children Hospital, The National Broadband Plan, the housing and homeless crisis, the health crisis, plus the sense of entitlement shown by Bailey, Farrell and Dara Murphy it is difficult to even imagine any of them being worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

At this stage with the Children Hospital, The National Broadband Plan, the housing and homeless crisis, the health crisis, plus the sense of entitlement shown by Bailey, Farrell and Dara Murphy it is difficult to even imagine any of them being worse.
    Fg are way less populist than ff. You are right , all of the above is a scandal. I disconnected my doorbell , if those other fools think they are going to lie to my face about “ fixing “ any of the issues , LOL!

• Advertisement

Fg are way less populist than ff. You are right , all of the above is a scandal. I disconnected my doorbell , if those other fools think they are going to lie to my face about “ fixing “ any of the issues , LOL!

I`m not that sure about FG being less populist. When it comes to promises of spending they seem to be up there with the rest in attempted vote buying.
    The spend of 231M. on Caslebar/Westport road would fit with that imo.

Advertisement