Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

It's like Leo doesn't actually want to win the election:

1. In nearly all tv footage he has Mary Mitchell O'Connor in his company on the campaign trail. She's a liability and he should stop reminding people he has idiots in his party.

2. He has obviously trying to work on the feedback that he's cool, unrelatable and lacks empathy. His efforts to counteract this means he is coming across as less sincere than ever. His efforts to apologise for everything means people think he has everything to apologise. He wants people to feel like he did when he bought his first property at 25....does he not realise people can't even but soon at 35 anymore?

3. He was stupid to wait and should have called the election when the public were happy with the Brexit negotions.

FF bankrupted the country and he's making people consider giving them another chance. It's nearly unbelievably that he would & most likely will lose this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

charlie14 wrote: »
    I`m not that sure about FG being less populist. When it comes to promises of spending they seem to be up there with the rest in attempted vote buying.
    The spend of 231M. on Caslebar/Westport road would fit with that imo.
    I thought it was the Flynn dynasty that were responsible for all the expensive infrastructure projects in Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    Uh oh!looks like the childrens hospital cost is now looking to hit 2.4 billion and that this will mean other key infrastructure investments will not now go ahead! Disaster. https://www.businesspost.ie/health/building-projects-at-risk-over-childrens-hospital-overruns-hse-warns-b9ee0132

And they talk about magic money trees. Plenty of money for them.
    Complete shysters.
    McMurphy wrote: »

At least they are consistent with their manner, poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

FF bankrupted the country and he's making people consider giving them another chance. It's nearly unbelievably that he would & most likely will lose this.

Once again, it was the banks that were in fact bankrupt, the public finances weren't too bad prior to the crash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And they talk about magic money trees. Plenty if money for them.
    Complete shysters.

At least they are consistent with their manner, poor.

I wonder is Dinny O Brien starting to worry that his FG have had their day in the sun? He'll have to work harder to bleed the Irish taxpayer from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Phoebas wrote: »
    I thought it was the Flynn dynasty that were responsible for all the expensive infrastructure projects in Mayo.

Even Pee Flynn would have been laughed out of it in Mayo if he had suggest wasting that kind of money on the Westport/Castlebar road.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Even Pee Flynn would have been laughed out of it in Mayo if he had suggest wasting that kind of money on the Westport/Castlebar road.

Some party favourites cashing in their chips.lots of compulsory purchase orders on their fields I'd imagine :) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Once again, it was the banks that were in fact bankrupt, the public finances weren't too bad prior to the crash

Not another red cent, banks are going to have to impose losses on their bondholders...:D

Another lie from FG.

Not another red cent, banks are going to have to impose losses on their bondholders...:D

Another lie from FG.

And that was a move that made us look like the financial wild wild west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah and it’s the truth. They are ****. But there is no doubt in my mind , the others are even bigger idiots. They just haven’t been given the chance to prove it

Tbh mismanaging the NCH by such and amount...

There should be no second chances.The sooner the country gets out of that mindset the quicker we progress.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Tbh mismanaging the NCH by such and amount...

There should be no second chances.The sooner the country gets out of that mindset the quicker we progress.

Imagine the entire allocation of funds for mental health is only 84 million eur annually while the budget for this one hospital is now up from 600 million to 2.4 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

'Extremely disappointing': Colm Burke criticises Dara Murphy's constituency work

THOUGH Colm Burke has led Fine Gael’s Cork North-Central general election ticket for 18 months, the shadow of his predecessor is still an issue on the doors.

When Dara Murphy resigned from the Dáil late last year — having already said he wouldn’t be running in the next election — it opened up a huge controversy over his attendance in Dáil Éireann, or lack thereof in recent years.

The scandal has damaged Fine Gael on the northside, but Mr Burke said that when the issue comes up, his reaction is simple: He’s been raising this issue for five years.

“I was kept off the ticket in 2015. I fought to get on the ticket then because I was aware that constituency work wasn’t being done.

“I firmly believe I’ve been proven right,” he said.

“It was extremely disappointing that that person was a member of Fine Gael and gave a commitment to serve the constituency, to deal with issues, whether it’s housing, healthcare, or infrastructure development. None of that was done.”

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Extremely-disappointing-Colm-Burke-criticises-Dara-Murphys-constituency-work--9b3f20ca-d1d6-431d-9952-16135af6f221-ds

Yet Leo left Dara Murphy get away with his double jobbing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

And they talk about magic money trees. Plenty of money for them.

The magic money tree does exist and always has existed. The problem is that access to the magic garden is restricted to a select circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Young Jude has gone full on attack mode on FG, beans are being spilled.

https://twitter.com/judeperry98/status/1221443205130063872?s=19

And Regina is out of the stalls calling his expulsion silly

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/decision-to-expel-party-member-for-backing-his-fathers-campaign-is-silly-doherty-38897765.html
    "I don't know where that decision came from but it's a silly decision and Jude is very welcome back into our party."

Jude any relation to....
    FINE GAEL TD John Perry has been speaking to reporters in the wake of his party’s decision this afternoon to add him to the election ticket for the Sligo-Leitrim constituency.

Today’s move by party bosses followed a court action against Fine Gael by the former junior minister, after he was dropped from the ticket at the local selection convention in October.

Perry, who has been a TD since 1997, said he wanted to thank his family and the many constituents who had supported him in his effort to be reinstated ahead of the general election.

Candles had been lit and mass cards sent to him in recent weeks, he said.

“Constituents genuinely felt I was wronged,” he said.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/john-perry-fine-gael-3-2516053-Dec2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jude any relation to....

Son.

Son.

Party vendetta perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Son.

This cycle of political dynasties where a seat is "passed down" from one to the next is something we really need to break in this country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This cycle of political dynasties where a seat is "passed down" from one to the next is something we really need to break in this country

Agreed. It's utter stupidity to pass a seat in the Dail down like some kind of royal title.

A simple solution is to avoid voting FFG. Most of the inherited seats are in that party.

Catherine Noone causing quite the furore saying Leo is autistic like, and on the spectrum.
    “He’s autistic like, he’s on the spectrum, there’s no doubt about it. He’s uncomfortable socially and he doesn’t always get the inbetween bits."

Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Catherine Noone causing quite the furore saying Leo is autistic like, and on the spectrum.

Jesus.

Could be his saving grace this election !

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jesus.

Was somebody saying something about 'nutters' in their party? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Agreed. It's utter stupidity to pass a seat in the Dail down like some kind of royal title.

A simple solution is to avoid voting FFG. Most of the inherited seats are in that party.

I'd go further and limit the max time someone can serve as a TD to say 15 years. That's the lifetime of 3 governments on average.

Being a TD shouldn't be a lifelong career choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Safe to say Fine Gael should be the perfect case study on how not to run an election campaign. All over the place. They are literally giving away seats.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Safe to say Fine Gael should be the perfect case study on how not to run an election campaign. All over the place. They are literally giving away seats.

I am still waiting on their major banana skin coming, Maria Bailey is rowing in behind Jude Perry ref his expulsion by text, so who knows.

Hopefully Josepha is touching cloth for the next ten days or so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Was in Galway yesterday and the place is littered with Fine Gael posters. Plenty of Fianna Fail ones too.
    In Roscommon I seen the same thing with some woman with awful hair on FG posters all over the place. Seen a few for an FF candidate. Apparently there is a second FF candidate and I n Roscommon with no posters up.

Not great optics for FG in the middle of a campaign. SIPO finds against a FG councillor on 4 counts of contraventions of ethics in public office.

https://twitter.com/colincoyle/status/1222165130823249920

Not great optics for FG in the middle of a campaign. SIPO finds against a FG councillor on 4 counts of contraventions of ethics in public office.

https://twitter.com/colincoyle/status/1222165130823249920

Is that the fella who was looking for brown envelopes on camera?

smurgen wrote: »
    Is that the fella who was looking for brown envelopes on camera?

The very one.

• Advertisement

The very one.

Loadsa money :)

Advertisement