Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

She dug a hole and just wanted to keep going. Clearly that mock interview was a disaster. All her own fault entirely.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What's people's thoughts on this?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/leo-varadkar-answers-the-most-googled-questions-about-him-1.4155092?mode=amp

His PR team are on overdrive trying to make him appeal to everyone from all walks of life, he's the baby of the house from D15, who is a meat eating doctor with a long term same sex partner.

That's basically the long and short of it.

The music in the background, the whiteness of everything is mighty strange tbh.
    Don't remotely get the attraction of these things. They all tend to be bad, but obviously appeal to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

is_that_so wrote: »
    Don't remotely get the attraction of these things. They all tend to be bad, but obviously appeal to some people.

For sure, and I'm not a heartless prick altogether, I actually have a fair dose of empathy with Leo these past few days, I wonder if this video was shot as a response to the autism slur cast on him by Catherine Noone?

Speaking of which, Richard Bruton was either left out of the loop, or caught lying on the tonight show last night when he denied their was a change in voting strategies in their (his and Noones) constituency, only for FG to release a statement minutes after the show that the pause in the voting pact had been reversed?

Fine Gael restores Catherine Noone’s voting pact

It was definitely one or the other. Lie/left out of the loop.

Disastrous PR for them, they just keep messing up in this campaign.

McMurphy wrote: »
    For sure, and I'm not a heartless prick altogether, I actually have a fair dose of empathy with Leo these past few days, I wonder if this video was shot as a response to the autism slur cast on him by Catherine Noone?

Speaking of which, Richard Bruton was either left out of the loop, or caught lying on the tonight show last night when he denied their was a change in voting strategies in their (his and Noones) constituency, only for FG to release a statement minutes after the show that the pause in the voting pact had been reversed?

Fine Gael restores Catherine Noone’s voting pact

It was definitely one or the other. Lie/left out of the loop.

Disastrous PR for them, they just keep messing up in this campaign.
    Election campaigns to me are all about broad strokes and I don't think this is one. It's not great but the Bruton thing is not exactly an issue that will have voters fretting nor is it anything other parties can do much with. Of the two incidents Noone's comments would be far longer remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

is_that_so wrote: »
    Election campaigns to me are all about broad strokes and I don't think this is one. It's not great but the Bruton thing is not exactly an issue that will have voters fretting nor is it anything other parties can do much with. Of the two incidents Noone's comments would be far longer remembered.

Have to say I agree. It's a non-issue. Only the most fervent of anaroks would get worked up about a minor miscommunication.

Bigger things to worry about - such as the thoughts of a bunch of incompetent headbangers like SF getting in to power with the most irresponsible and fantastical manifesto in Irish political history. Thankfully Irish voters are generally quite astute and see through all that nonsense. SF know it too. They haven't a hope of being in government - and that suits them just fine.

• Advertisement

Miscommunication my backside, two candidates who have entered an election pact, one is a minister, and one who said her party leader and Taoiseach had autism, and the pact is paused.

If you think that was a simple miscommunication, or a

Actually why in Jesus sake am I every trying to reply to a self confessed troll who hours ago tried to show me the misogyny card is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Have to say I agree. It's a non-issue. Only the most fervent of anaroks would get worked up about a minor miscommunication.

Bigger things to worry about - such as the thoughts of a bunch of incompetent headbangers like SF getting in to power with the most irresponsible and fantastical manifesto in Irish political history. Thankfully Irish voters are generally quite astute and see through all that nonsense. SF know it too. They haven't a hope of being in government - and that suits them just fine.

Not too sure about that, Paddy. FG are due a stint in opposition, and FF and SF is looking increasingly likely as a coalition.

The nihilistic part of me would strangely look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Have FG not learned YET that handwaving stuff away does not work. They need to get ahead of this stuff before it develops a life of it's own.

The levels of incompetency here are bizarre for a government that spent so much on image and PR speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Have FG not learned YET that handwaving stuff away does not work. They need to get ahead of this stuff before it develops a life of it's own.

The levels of incompetency here are bizarre for a government that spent so much on image and PR speak.

We know Francie, FG have to get ahead of this stuff or they will be criticised by you and Matt and McMurphy and the rest, but when they do get ahead of this stuff, they will be criticised by you and Matt and McMurphy and the rest.

It is transparently thin propaganda that you guys are spreading, and not even worth bothering responding to.

The election so far is clear. The electorate have bought into the 1977 and 2007 style of manifesto produced this time by Sinn Fein. Nothing has been learnt so far by the general public, but let us wait and see what happens.

As Johnny suggests, a FF/SF government looks the likeliest outcome, they won't be able to deliver on their commitments to build houses at €65k each, neither will they be able to get away with ditching the rainy day fund or lowering the pension age. Sure Brexit might go bad giving them an excuse, but the obvious response would be that everything was fine with Brexit until FG were turfed out.

It is most disappointing because there won't be a green influence on government and a FF/SF government would be the worst for the environment when you read the manifestos.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We know Francie, FG have to get ahead of this stuff or they will be criticised by you and Matt and McMurphy and the rest, but when they do get ahead of this stuff, they will be criticised by you and Matt and McMurphy and the rest.

It is transparently thin propaganda that you guys are spreading, and not even worth bothering responding to.

Are you suggesting that the various controversies have been managed competently by FG?

Where is the propaganda in making an observation based on fact?
    All the controversies FG have been embroiled in have been poorly managed.

Simple point.

P.S. My suspicion is (maybe I am wrong) that nothing would please you more to divert this thread to a conversation about SF, so I ignored the rest of your post. Take it to the correct thread?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The election so far is clear. The electorate have bought into the 1977 and 2007 style of manifesto produced this time by Sinn Fein. Nothing has been learnt so far by the general public, but let us wait and see what happens.

This.

If people think its a good thing that the Irish electorate are clammering after 2007 style manifestos offered by all parties at present, then we reap what we sow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

You may have missed the point that "this stuff" is of FG`s own making and they have continually dithered around with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
    Last nights The Tonight Show car crash TV with Richard Bruton being just the latest example.

"This stuff" is indicative of just how shambolic this government has been in dealing with issues such as homelessness, housing, health, The Children`s Hospital, the National Broadband Plan etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Coveney on the 1pm news there talking about how they plan to increase the population of towns like Waterford and elsewhere.

We can't even properly provide for the population we have, but I suppose mass immigration under the guise of charity and virtue signalling is more important to FG

Notable as this is also the guy who many would rather see leading FG - and who quite possibly will be shortly.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Coveney on the 1pm news there talking about how they plan to increase the population of towns like Waterford and elsewhere.

We can't even properly provide for the population we have, but I suppose mass immigration under the guise of charity and virtue signalling is more important to FG

Notable as this is also the guy who many would rather see leading FG - and who quite possibly will be shortly.

Someone is going to have to be paying the tax to fund the pensions. That’s the reason for immigration - not some bullshît notion about virtue signalling. Won’t be any different under FF, dude. They know what side their bread is buttered on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Someone is going to have to be paying the tax to fund the pensions. That’s the reason for immigration - not some bullshît notion about virtue signalling. Won’t be any different under FF, dude. They know what side their bread is buttered on.

Right. Importing thousands of people with no marketable skills, poor language skills, and significant cultural differences is really going to help fill the tax net.

FG supporters like yourself really are blind to reality when it comes to criticism of your party.

Right. Importing thousands of people with no marketable skills, poor language skills, and significant cultural differences is really going to help fill the tax net.

FG supporters like yourself really are blind to reality when it comes to criticism of your party.

Not really. Looks like FG are going to be in opposition after the election. The people will have spoken. All I’m saying is people are living in cloud cuckoo land if they believe a new government will implement significantly tighter immigration controls. There’s no support for parties who advocate for it, and we need a significant increase in people working if we are going to be able to support our social welfare system in the short to medium term. People are living to ripe old ages and health issues that once put you in a coffin are now being treated effectively (but at great cost). That’s the reality of the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

More likely they watched one of these on YouTube and decided "yea, let's do that!"

Not even an original idea by that expensive consultant!

Key difference is, one is merely a celebrity looking to get exposure towards his next gig.
    The other is a Hollywood actor.

A top FG man didn't know or lied about FG actions regarding a candidate in the news.

Would the NCH and myriad crises come under incompetence?
    Would one of your own calling protesters ISIS or the chief 'autistic' come under Headbanger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Would one of your own calling protesters ISIS or the chief 'autistic' come under Headbanger?
    Frankly it just shows they're human

Show me someone perfect

A top FG man didn't know or lied about FG actions regarding a candidate in the news.

Would the NCH and myriad crises come under incompetence?

Wait for it........

https://twitter.com/AndrewSB49/status/1222661426780745729?s=09

Pinocchio indeed.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Frankly it just shows they're human

Show me someone perfect

Talk to Paddy, I'm showing his own consist of what he accuses others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Talk to Paddy, I'm showing his own consist of what he accuses others.

I asked you though
    Anyone?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I asked you though
    Anyone?

You don't understand. Re-read the comments. Never made such an assertion. Only Jesus and our lord God are perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Big Phil being told to mind his own business and FG attempting to ramp up their own version of 'Project Fear '. No fan of Martin but it's irrelevant who is in government during the negotiations. It's predominantly a civil servant function.

markodaly wrote: »
    This.

If people think its a good thing that the Irish electorate are clammering after 2007 style manifestos offered by all parties at present, then we reap what we sow.

It will be seen through eventually. Sinn Fein will get into government with Fianna Fail and they will fail miserably together in managing the economy and improving society.

They won't be able to build social houses for €65k. They won't be able to build a train to Derry for €1.3 billion. Don't worry though, Francie and Matt will be back in three years time to tell us that promises in manifestos don't matter.

It will be seen through eventually. Sinn Fein will get into government with Fianna Fail and they will fail miserably together in managing the economy and improving society.

They won't be able to build social houses for €65k. They won't be able to build a train to Derry for €1.3 billion. Don't worry though, Francie and Matt will be back in three years time to tell us that promises in manifestos don't matter.

If they don't improve society, or show some signs they are a better alternative then I will be voting for somebody else.

Don't you lads have enough SF threads? FF were good enough for FG...another poor performance to add to the list.

If they don't improve society, or show some signs they are a better alternative then I will be voting for somebody else.

They can't get their head around that. It's the team mentality.

But I thought you'd never voted for SF ever?

• Advertisement

But I thought you'd never voted for SF ever?

Not in a GE. This will be my first time unless something momentous happens to change my mind.

I have voted for them in local and EU elections.

Advertisement