Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    But I thought you'd never voted for SF ever?

Posters on record of saying he will be voting Matt Carthy in this election in threads you've been posting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Posters on record of saying he will be voting Matt Carthy in this election in threads you've been posting in.

It's all about trying to trip people up and point scoring. That's all FG and their chums have to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's all about trying to trip people up and point scoring. That's all FG and their chums have to work with.

Mary Wilson made the point on Drivetime there that FG seem to have pivoted to playing the man/woman and not the ball.

Will be interesting to see the debate tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

smurgen wrote: »

That'll teach them ;)

It's like the kid caught smoking and then being made smoke a box of cigars to 'teach him a lesson'. They'll be blowing their nose with 50's.

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see who is first to try and make some political capital out of finding some more money down the back of the sofa. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

charlie14 wrote: »
    Even Pee Flynn would have been laughed out of it in Mayo if he had suggest wasting that kind of money on the Westport/Castlebar road.

I do not believe he would charlie14 :)

This is a vital piece of road infrastructure that has been yearned for in Mayo for up on 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

seligehgit wrote: »

This is a vital piece of road infrastructure that has been yearned for in Mayo for up on 30 years.

Yeah and since when did Irish people complain about central government spending money disproportionately in their back yard? It's not like if that road wasn't being built, the quarter of a billion would be distributed proportionately around the county on worthy projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Hard to keep up with everything he posts.

Not one of the main FGers posting to mark the Bloody Sunday anniversary today. I suppose a rememberance to mark the slain Catholics would be too divisive.

• Advertisement

Not one of the main FGers posting to mark the Bloody Sunday anniversary today. I suppose a rememberance to mark the slain Catholics would be too divisive.

It's the wrong one smurg, they are only interested in the 1920 one and the gallant lads that Charlie and the Bhoys wanted to commemorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

seligehgit wrote: »

I traveled a lot of the roads of Mayo extensively over the years as well as the rest of the country, and tbh if I was spending 241M. there are a fair number I would spend it on rather than the Castlebar to Westport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah and since when did Irish people complain about central government spending money disproportionately in their back yard? It's not like if that road wasn't being built, the quarter of a billion would be distributed proportionately around the county on worthy projects.

This isn't a johnny come lately national road project that just landed on the NTA desk.

The justifications for this project have been well outlined on the roads fora and Mayo region fora.

So I ain't going to bore others by repeating same.

Perhaps it took a local minister to finally get it over the line after what seemed an eternity.

It's not in my control to ensure a more even distribution of finding within the county.

But the west and border (rural) regions have largely been left behind economically.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112383238&postcount=399

Anyway that's enough of me taking the thread off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I guess those cheap 65k SF houses are going to cost more so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Those figures predict a sharp slowdown in residential property price inflation (from 4% to 2%).
    The CSO figures also show this levelling off after a period of rapid growth following the crash.

AMACtQI.png

They predict rent inflation at 5%, which is very high, but is a reduction in the rate of inflation to what we've previously seen.
    AAYzC1U.png

In short, these numbers are trending in the right direction, albeit too slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

when you analyse the FG expected seat loss, where are the key areas? I assume the will lose a higher percentage in rural areas. I mean if they have lost power and didnt anticipate what closing the garda stations would do, and open them up to, abuse wise, rightly or wrongly. They are morons!

Even if the idea of closing rural garda stations was a sound rational one, it sure as hell wasnt a sound rational one, from a political perspective!

So a decent part of the seat loses, is down to a sum per annum, that probably wouldnt fund one new room in the NCH?! it is absolute lunacy, they then commit to an extremely expensive broadband scheme...

I wonder how many workers, that rightly feel aggrieved, will vote elsewhere or wont vote...

The SCU have just created material for dozens of meme's and piss take videos on Twitter this morning.

Honestly, the fellas/ladies in charge of the PR need to be given the P45s immediately.

Take a look at these search results: https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Fine%20Gael%22&s=09

https://twitter.com/rohal_/status/1223575032275841025?s=09

Words fail me.

Who looked at this finished edit and thought theyd run with it?

Basically, looks like Paschal on the street talking to himself like one of those mad evangelist yokes .

https://twitter.com/Paschald/status/1223606653746057216?s=09

Donohoe in front of the mickey mouse luas there, many of the trams our not out of service, having been hit by cars, trucks,m which is now effecting their frequency. Its absolute carnage on it at peak hours and many people cant get on or need to wait for multiple trams to pass. Shows you their attitude to infrastructure here, that he uses the mickey mouse luas as propaganda, when its not fit for purpose, 15 years after opening! the morons a few years back, had planning still valid on Metro north and dart underground and chose to shelve them, to redesign the wheel again! :rolleyes:

wasnt Donohoe transport minister at one stage? please stand in front of this and make your speech Pascale!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Words fail me.

Who looked at this finished edit and thought theyd run with it?

Basically, looks like Paschal on the street talking to himself like one of those mad evangelist yokes .

https://twitter.com/Paschald/status/1223606653746057216?s=09

Thank you for stopping to listen :confused:
    Nobody did,

I don`t know which is the bigger idiot.
    The person in FG`s office who thought it a great idea to have him looking like a head the ball from Hyde Park Speakers Corner, or him for actually doing it,

Nobody did,

The person in FG`s office who thought it a great idea to have him looking like a head the ball from Hyde Park Speakers Corner, or him for actually doing it,

This video of a load of people saying nope, never ever etc was always going to be open to be piss taken.

https://twitter.com/MallowNews/status/1223544863922249729?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Nobody did,

If I was in the PR game and had a training day for a political party, I'd spend the morning session showing them a compilation of FG's social media from this campaign as prime examples of 'don't do it this way.'

Everything they've tried has bombed, come across as insincere and smarmy.

Best hope for FG is to slither back in after begging MM. Who'll oblige no bother.

Best hope for FG is to slither back in after begging MM. Who'll oblige no bother.

And they'll keep us waiting a couple of months to pretend it is a hard decision...to coalesce with their twin. :)

you could be right Matt, a marriage of convenience! Like one of those marriages, where neither party is happy, but its the best of the **** options...

usually we might have the bigger party lose power due to a bust , but to lose it during a boom and POSSIBLY, POSSIBLY SF being a party with some clout seat wise, possibly for the first time ever, while the FFG combined share, must be the lowest ever, will be very , very interesting!

Whoever operates the Facebook account should get some roasting from the Hierarchy.

They put up something about the SCC and slab Murphy yesterday evening, and the replies have been nothing but piss takes and ridicule ever since.

The attack Sinn Fein above all else strategy is going down like a lead balloon with the public.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157726338253211&id=264172043210

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Whoever operates the Facebook account should get some roasting from the Hierarchy.

They put up something about the SCC and slab Murphy yesterday evening, and the replies have been nothing but piss takes and ridicule ever since.

The attack Sinn Fein above all else strategy is going down like a lead balloon with the public.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157726338253211&id=264172043210

Have to agree. The lack of self awareness from FG over this is astonishing.

There are persisting with a PR strategy that is destroying them.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Have to agree. The lack of self awareness from FG over this is astonishing.

There are persisting with a PR strategy that is destroying them.

My feeling is that the people they've left in charge of these online videos and meme's etc think they're a great deal more intelligent than they actually are.

FG in full on panic mode less than a week to go is entertaining though.

• Advertisement

I know FG are a disaster on a national scale but as a cork man I feel as if they're particularly absent down here. I find it funny that there allegedly strongest candidate Simon Coveney is down here yet seems to turn a blind eye to the abondonment of the government to the second city in the nation. Take for example the Bus Eireann strike of 2017 that went on for weeks/months and effectively seems the city shut down. Where was the government when this was happening? Where was Coveney?

https://www.thejournal.ie/bus-eireann-strikes-cork-limerick-3-3330232-Apr2017/?section=comment#comments

Advertisement