Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Bizarre coming from yourself.it seems to me FGers are the most prolific posters on this site. Strangely enough during working hours too.it's almost as if they're being paid for it.
    Also I noticed how any threads with SF negative titles get constantly bumped even if there's no info updates . Any old inane slur is thrown in to keep the negative associations going. Must be some strick KPI's the spin unit are under at the moment.

I know this place tends to be a fact-free place at times, but your post really takes the biscuit for its ignorance of the facts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2058036311

On this thread, the top six posters are all anti-FG and mostly pro-SF, from the most prolific poster in Current Affairs (FrancieBrady) to the man who named himself after Leo-Vardakar's partner as a bit of craic (Matt Barrett). Between them, those six posters account for 45% of all posts on this thread.

To be fair, one of them (I'dbatterim) is a recent convert to voting FG, but having spent the last two years non-stop criticising them, you have to wonder how sincere that is.

But hey, who needs a few facts for an analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

blanch152 wrote: »
    I know this place tends to be a fact-free place at times, but your post really takes the biscuit for its ignorance of the facts.

On this thread, the top six posters are all anti-FG and mostly pro-SF, from the most prolific poster in Current Affairs (FrancieBrady) to the man who named himself after Leo-Vardakar's partner as a bit of craic (Matt Barrett). Between them, those six posters account for 45% of all posts on this thread.

To be fair, one of them (I'dbatterim) is a recent convert to voting FG, but having spent the last two years non-stop criticising them, you have to wonder how sincere that is.

The poster said on this site. Not on this thread.

From the title of this thread, are you perhaps not being a tad naive not to expect that the majority of posts are from posters who are sick to the back teeth of nine years of FG government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Here's fun, start giving the SD's the business instead of SF and you'll be seeing all the pro-SD voters and supporters coming out, in your mind, when in reality, as with SF, most of us are calling out the FG bullsh*te. If you and the gang never mentioned SF you'd see a severe drop in posts relating to them.
    You never took a stance on Bailey and would rather play the man not the ball.
    The irony of posting this response is lost on you I'd imagine. Carry on.

charlie14 wrote: »
    The poster said on this site. Not on this thread.

From the title of this thread, are you perhaps not being a tad naive not to expect that the majority of posts are from posters who are sick to the back teeth of nine years of FG government.

You might have a point if it was just this thread, but....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2058047439

On this one, criticial of SF, we find Francie and Matt alone account for nearly one-quarter of all posts.

You could pretty much look at any thread on domestic party politics and find a similar pattern. As those are the only places on the site where you can actually identify party politics, there isn't really anywhere else you can consider the facts.
    Here's fun, start giving the SD's the business instead of SF and you'll be seeing all the pro-SD voters and supporters coming out, in your mind, when in reality, as with SF, most of us are calling out the FG bullsh*te. If you and the gang never mentioned SF you'd see a severe drop in posts relating to them.
    You never took a stance on Bailey and would rather play the man not the ball.
    The irony of posting this response is lost on you I'd imagine. Carry on.

Sometimes you draw the most incredible conclusions from my posts.

Someone posted to the effect that "FGers are the most prolific posters". All I did was present some facts.

I never commented on whether it is a good idea for you or anyone else on the list to spend every minute of your waking hours on here criticising Fine Gael. All I did was present some facts about the most prolific posters. There is no playing any man in presenting facts, neither am I querying why people are the most prolific posters.

On this one, criticial of SF, we find Francie and Matt alone account for nearly one-quarter of all posts.

You could pretty much look at any thread on domestic party politics and find a similar pattern. As those are the only places on the site where you can actually identify party politics, there isn't really anywhere else you can consider the facts.

Sometimes you draw the most incredible conclusions from my posts.

Someone posted to the effect that "FGers are the most prolific posters". All I did was present some facts.

I never commented on whether it is a good idea for you or anyone else on the list to spend every minute of your waking hours on here criticising Fine Gael. All I did was present some facts about the most prolific posters. There is no playing any man in presenting facts, neither am I querying why people are the most prolific posters.

I drew your unwillingness to take political discussion on it's merits, opting instead to see a shinner under the bed. How many times people do or do not post is not really the point is it? I personally don't care either way. You never took a stand on maria Bailey and when FG are criticised you take a swing at SF, then myself and others will counter, for you, this enforces your claim, legitimate or not, that we are all SF supporters. I suggest as an experiment the next time FG are criticised you go after the SD's or Greens and likely you'll get much the same responses as if it were SF. But I guess there's a comfort in believing it's not your party, it's these biased critics.
    Your intent to play the man not the ball is merely filling these threads with more bile and off topic tit for tat. Speaking on who posts the most is the epitome of playing the man.
    While FG are in government and being crony, wasteful and incompetent, likely I'll comment on them and as much as I like.

• Advertisement

I drew your unwillingness to take political discussion on it's merits, opting instead to see a shinner under the bed. How many times people do or do not post is not really the point is it? I personally don't care either way. You never took a stand on maria Bailey and when FG are criticised you take a swing at SF, then myself and others will counter, for you, this enforces your claim, legitimate or not, that we are all SF supporters. I suggest as an experiment the next time FG are criticised you go after the SD's or Greens and likely you'll get much the same responses as if it were SF. But I guess there's a comfort in believing it's not your party, it's these biased critics.
    Your intent to play the man not the ball is merely filling these threads with more bile and off topic tit for tat. Speaking on who posts the most is the epitome of playing the man.
    While FG are in government and being crony, wasteful and incompetent, likely I'll comment on them and as much as I like.

Simply not true, the bit in bold.

As for the rest, I don't have a party, I posted facts rather than bile.

I take every political discussion on its merits, the opening point of which is to ascertain the facts. We could all have a discussion about Mick Wallace's chances of being Taoiseach after the election, except for the fact that he isn't running for election.

If we can't establish the facts, or if some posters deny the reality of the facts, then there isn't much point to offering an opinion, is there?

this, absolute hubris and contempt for the electorate, galls me!!!
    I hope to jeebus that she loses her seat!

https://www.thejournal.ie/psc-regina-doherty-4824865-Sep2019/

Simply not true, the bit in bold.

As for the rest, I don't have a party, I posted facts rather than bile.

I take every political discussion on its merits, the opening point of which is to ascertain the facts. We could all have a discussion about Mick Wallace's chances of being Taoiseach after the election, except for the fact that he isn't running for election.

If we can't establish the facts, or if some posters deny the reality of the facts, then there isn't much point to offering an opinion, is there?

Link?

Your 'facts' are more about playing the man. No worries.

rusty cole wrote: »
    this, absolute hubris and contempt for the electorate, galls me!!!
    I hope to jeebus that she loses her seat!

https://www.thejournal.ie/psc-regina-doherty-4824865-Sep2019/

DPC is by many accounts miles out of order in her behaviour on this issue fyi. Certainly I'd expect any govt, including the next one regardless of the parties involved, to follow the legal and CS advice in such matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

DPC is by many accounts miles out of order in her behaviour on this issue fyi. Certainly I'd expect any govt, including the next one regardless of the parties involved, to follow the legal and CS advice in such matters

What legal advice, from the linked article it doesn't appear as if the AG's advice was sought. Also I have not seen the advice the government received published anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I really do not get what your problem is.

If someone is a SF supporter or just a prolific supporter interested in politics then why should they not post on a political thread ?

From your own posting history, if the discussion was about grass growth it`s highly likely you would somehow manage to wedge a reference to SF in.
    You are also a stated Green Party supporter, yet the vast majority of your posts on politics are ardently pro FG with rarely a mention of the Greens

With your record on political related posts, a bit Irish attempting to make a big deal on the assumed allegiances of others and their posting history imo.

charlie14 wrote: »
    I really do not get what your problem is.

If someone is a SF supporter or just a prolific supporter interested in politics then why should they not post on a political thread ?

From your own posting history, if the discussion was about grass growth it`s highly likely you would somehow manage to wedge a reference to SF in.
    You are also a stated Green Party supporter, yet the vast majority of your posts on politics are ardently pro FG with rarely a mention of the Greens

With your record on political related posts, a bit Irish attempting to make a big deal on the assumed allegiances of others and their posting history imo.

Hey, I didn't start this discussion. Someone posted that FGers are the most prolific posters, I just corrected the facts.
    Bizarre coming from yourself.it seems to me FGers are the most prolific posters on this site. Strangely enough during working hours too.it's almost as if they're being paid for it.
    Also I noticed how any threads with SF negative titles get constantly bumped even if there's no info updates . Any old inane slur is thrown in to keep the negative associations going. Must be some strick KPI's the spin unit are under at the moment.

Hey, I didn't start this discussion. Someone posted that FGers are the most prolific posters, I just corrected the facts.

I have supported FG, but still I wouldn't label myself a supporter currently. I mean look at the record breaking crises and attitude of the party and it's supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/article38183291.ece

Alan Farrell. The reason I will not be voting FG

The RIC/Tan commemoration alone would have nearly been enough for me. The complete one sided arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The RIC/Tan commemoration alone would have nearly been enough for me. The complete one sided arrogance.

typical FG, try to appease everyone! The travellers, criminals, the black and tans! Sure arent we all in this together and a great bunch of lads...

I wonder will they propose, a celebrate a criminal day, a day to reflect on all of those, so hard done by in irish prisons... :rolleyes:

Idbatterim wrote: »
    typical FG, try to appease everyone! The travellers, criminals, the black and tans! Sure arent we all in this together and a great bunch of lads...

I wonder will they propose, a celebrate a criminal day, a day to reflect on all of those, so hard done by in irish prisons... :rolleyes:

They weren't appeasing the RIC/Tan lobby. Those folk already had commemorations and had not asked for a state one. This was FG ignorant arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Idbatterim wrote: »

But you are an FG supporter? It clearly worked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And they wonder why people ar becoming cynical, disengaged and angry. They're gaslighting us telling us there's no homeless or housing crisis yet working diligently in the background to massage figures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

ICCH is the same charity that championed Margaret Cash so I'd take what it says with a pinch of salt. Both sides of the homelessness crisis feature disinformation from vested interests.

Eoghan cooking the books ahead of an election. Does it matter much to have a little less growth in homelessness when you've been breaking records for years?

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    ICCH is the same charity that championed Margaret Cash so I'd take what it says with a pinch of salt. Both sides of the homelessness crisis feature disinformation from vested interests.
    Eoghan cooking the books ahead of an election. Does it matter much to have a little less growth in homelessness when you've been breaking records for years?

Poverty Industry Quango trying to justify itself.

It always mystifies me that the people who most opposed Irish Water as an unnecessary quango, also believe that 100 quangos for homelessness are a good idea.

Poverty Industry Quango trying to justify itself.

It always mystifies me that the people who most opposed Irish Water as an unnecessary quango, also believe that 100 quangos for homelessness are a good idea.

Very cynical Blanch. Do you know these people? Based on FG's record, we know they are a failure regarding housing.

Simple. One is for people in need, the other was to 'look after our own'.

Record breaking crises obviously there's a call for them.
    No outrage for the crises because it damages the team. Your view of charities aside, looks like Murphy cooked the books again. You approve?

The Moriarty tribunals is another one. At a large cost to the state and exposing inherent corruption enda Kenny said "this report will not be allowed to gather dust". It seems gathering dust is exactly what happened. Can anyone tell me any changes FG enacted after it?

Looks like the insurance issue is still haunting FG. It's having a knock on effect with childcare

https://www.thejournal.ie/childcare-protest-today-4992751-Feb2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Looks like the insurance issue is still haunting FG. It's having a knock on effect with childcare

And so it should.

Alan Farrell

It won't do Zappone any favours either.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The fiannafailerbots really have so much to work with to shoot down FG. The finegaelerbots have lots of ammunition too from FF's last run in government.
    What's the end result, two parties incapable of running a country. Of course the Greens were with FF and Labour were with FG.

So then we turn to SF, who I personally would never vote for, and I can understand why people would be willing to give them a chance and it's quite simply because they have no history of failure to run a country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo being caught out spoofing about vulture funds and what property they own in the state, just now on Newstalk.

Pat Kenny asked leo about the vulture funds figures be used last night on the debate, when they were talked about last night, Leo said the reality is that vulture funds/cuckoo's are only responsible for 1 or 2% of all transactions in the state.

Kenny said that basically that the research has shown what they own property wise as standalone residential properties, it's more to be in the mid 40% range, because whilst they're responsible for a few percent of transactions, they bulk buy - ie a private homeowner buying their own house to live in is certainly not the same as one transaction by a vulture funds group buying 3/400 apartments as an apartment block.

Leo sounded like he was completely and utterly rumbled at being disingenuous.

Advertisement