Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo being caught out spoofing about vulture funds and what property they own in the state, just now on Newstalk.

Pat Kenny asked leo about the vulture funds figures be used last night on the debate, when they were talked about last night, Leo said the reality is that vulture funds/cuckoo's are only responsible for 1 or 2% of all transactions in the state.

Kenny said that basically that the research has shown what they own property wise as standalone residential properties, it's more to be in the mid 40% range, because whilst they're responsible for a few percent of transactions, they bulk buy - ie a private homeowner buying their own house to live in is certainly not the same as one transaction by a vulture funds group buying 3/400 apartments as an apartment block.

Leo sounded like he was completely and utterly rumbled at being disingenuous.

Just like the mysterious fall in homeless figures and the daft prices figures fall. They're massaging the numbers or else not presenting the statistics in context.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    Just like the mysterious fall in homeless figures and the daft prices figures fall. They're massaging the numbers or else not presenting the statistics in context.

Or maybe the numbers are falling.
    I love all this tinfoil hat stuff.

Numbers on the up! Blame FG
    Numbers on the way down! Blame FG for fudging the numbers.

What next? Blame FG if Ireland loses to Wales on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    Or maybe the numbers are falling.
    I love all this tinfoil hat stuff.

Numbers on the up! Blame FG
    Numbers on the way down! Blame FG for fudging the numbers.

What next? Blame FG if Ireland loses to Wales on Saturday?

But with the vulture/Cuckoo fund, transaction figures Leo was fudging the figures.

It's misleading to say that they're only responsible for 1 or 2% of all property transactions, if the property's they're buying are entire apartment complexes.

You cannot accidentally forget to mention that, that's purposely misleading trying to defend what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    The Moriarty tribunals is another one. At a large cost to the state and exposing inherent corruption enda Kenny said "this report will not be allowed to gather dust". It seems gathering dust is exactly what happened. Can anyone tell me any changes FG enacted after it?

TBF, Eoghan Murphy's father made 2.3m out of that, so it wasn't for nothing.....

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/article30638849.ece

Leo being caught out spoofing about vulture funds and what property they own in the state, just now on Newstalk.

Pat Kenny asked leo about the vulture funds figures be used last night on the debate, when they were talked about last night, Leo said the reality is that vulture funds/cuckoo's are only responsible for 1 or 2% of all transactions in the state.

Kenny said that basically that the research has shown what they own property wise as standalone residential properties, it's more to be in the mid 40% range, because whilst they're responsible for a few percent of transactions, they bulk buy - ie a private homeowner buying their own house to live in is certainly not the same as one transaction by a vulture funds group buying 3/400 apartments as an apartment block.

Leo sounded like he was completely and utterly rumbled at being disingenuous.

Are you telling me Jinglejangles and Blanch are spinning lies? The poor lads will be beside themselves when they read this. That's two votes you just lost yourself Mr. Varadkar, for shame!

• Advertisement

TBF, Eoghan Murphy's father made 2.3m out of that, so it wasn't for nothing.....

Was it the father or the grandfather that looked after Gay Byrne's financial affairs?

Are you telling me Jinglejangles and Blanch are spinning lies? The poor lads will be beside themselves when they read this. That's two votes you just lost yourself Mr. Varadkar, for shame!

Well put it this way, if you met two lads down the pub, both said they only owned the one residential property.

It later emerges that one owned one semi d in Tallaght, the other was an entire complex with 400 apartments, including several rooftop penthouses, you'd definitely get the impression one was being carless with the truth.

Was it the father or the grandfather that looked after Gay Byrne's financial affairs?

The Grandfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Eoghan Murphy's grandfather Russel Murphy.

"In a 1998 interview, Gay Byrne's daughter Crona put the former Late Late Show host's losses at £160,000.

"I remember the day dad got the call only too well," said Crona, who was Russell's god-daughter.

"I'll never forget seeing dad that evening. He couldn't talk. He couldn't look at us. His best friend had cleaned him out," she added".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Eoghan Murphy's grandfather Russel Murphy.

"In a 1998 interview, Gay Byrne's daughter Crona put the former Late Late Show host's losses at £160,000.

"I remember the day dad got the call only too well," said Crona, who was Russell's god-daughter.

"I'll never forget seeing dad that evening. He couldn't talk. He couldn't look at us. His best friend had cleaned him out," she added".

Apparently Eoghan Murphy doesn't like it in the least if it's ever mentioned in his company. I can kind of understand why - he's not responsible for his grandfathers misdeeds. I don't know how true this is, but I've heard Eoghan Murphy's father spent a long time repaying the money that was ripped off from the grandfather's clients as a debt of honour and to recover the family's name.

That said, Eoghan Murphy is a ****e minister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Yurt! wrote: »

That said, Eoghan Murphy is a ****e minister

He is absolutely appalling. He will surely not be re-elected.

Who am I kidding?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Anyone know where Eoghan Murphy (FG) ,Simon Harris(FG) , Timmy Dooley (FF) and Niall Collins (FF) are hiding? Are they waiting for the GE to be over to emerge from under a rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Anyone know where Eoghan Murphy (FG) ,Simon Harris(FG) , Timmy Dooley (FF) and Niall Collins (FF) are hiding? Are they waiting for the GE to be over to emerge from under a rock?

You can add Regina Doherty and Charlie Flanagan to that list as well?

Floppybits wrote: »
    You can add Regina Doherty and Charlie Flanagan to that list as well?

Charlie and Regina were on a few of the debates, but happily from the polls in each of their constituencies it looks like the gravy train will be leaving them on the platform.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Is it fair to say Simon Harris dodged the whole election campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Him and Timmy Dooley have been locked away in the same bunker for weeks now.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Him and Timmy Dooley have been locked away in the same bunker for weeks now.

And Eoghan Murphy.

Rumours are flying that Paschal Donohoe is in serious danger of losing his seat, I don't mind Paschal, I think he's a decent sort, but if this is true, FG could be in serious trouble?

And Eoghan Murphy.

Rumours are flying that Paschal Donohoe is in serious danger of losing his seat, I don't mind Paschal, I think he's a decent sort, but if this is true, FG could be in serious trouble?

If he does lose his seat then it could be a slaughter.
    I would also look at him as a decent sort but it looks as if he is in a bit of four corner fight there for one of the last three seats with FF, SD`s and the Greens.

If his running mate doesn`t poll a reasonable vote and transfer well he could be in serious trouble as everyone else in the field is left or center left
    If it comes down to Christy Burke`s transfers he will be gone I imagine.

And Eoghan Murphy.

Seemingly his one regret is the NCH over run. I think one is enough.

Here is the photo of the 2020 election:

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Add Eoghan Murphy to that list. A clear indication that they are aware of their failures.

Yet they could well be smugly back in their portfolios in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Add Eoghan Murphy to that list. A clear indication that they are aware of their failures.

Doubtful.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/a-fking-disaster-fine-gael-source-blasts-d4-boys-as-party-set-to-lose-15-seats-980300.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's the old adage about opinions and assholes! 3rd term is really the big thing and a much better response to the housing issues might have seen them get to that promised land. Some of those losses will be a drop in the FPV vote and lead to second seats falling away.

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's the old adage about opinions and assholes! 3rd term is really the big thing and a much better response to the housing issues might have seen them get to that promised land. Some of those losses will be a drop in the FPV vote and leading to second seats falling away.

The pushed ahead with policies that made matters worse and were arrogant and dismissive. The party lost momentum and the backing of the public before Kenny bowed out.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Whatever way it pans out, I cannot see Eoghan Murphy back as Minister for Housing.

The pushed ahead with policies that made matters worse and were arrogant and dismissive. The party lost momentum and the backing of the public before Kenny bowed out.
    I think there was also a case of imagining that just providing loads of money would get it all going.

2011-2016 was where the greater damage was done. 2016 until now just added to it.

charlie14 wrote: »
    2011-2016 was where the greater damage was done. 2016 until now just added to it.
    I'd disagree, as the first 3 years of the first governments were Troika controlled. Not properly responding from 2016, especially on the issue of actually getting social housing built was more damaging.

I'd disagree, as the first 3 years of the first governments were Troika controlled. Not properly responding from 2016, especially on the issue of actually getting social housing built was more damaging.

They were doing ok popularity wise when the Troika were around, so I see your point and should have said 2014 - 2016 when most of the damage was done.
    The social housing issue this term has done damage, but the NCH and Verona Murphy, Bailey, Dara Murphy and Farrell all so close to this election did major damage as well. NBP didn`t help either.

Irish Water was a kick in the arse to every person, myself included, who bought into Kenny's spin.
    I knew what they were but I figured we were in such a bad way FG would put their petty greed aside for the country.
    When I hear bull about no money for things to help the tax payer I think Irish Water, IW Board appointments, Siteserv deal, consultants, Reilly's clinics.
    More recently leasing and buying over building and of course the NCH scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

And Eoghan Murphy.

seems like a nice man, but wouldnt say boo to a goose! varadkar has to be one of the biggest spoofers to ever grace this planet.. I see the indo today had some FG backbenchers, really furious over the seat loss. How in a party with thousands of members, in a country of five million. Can they seriously not get ONE fcuking COMPETENT , LEADER?

Zero point if there is a leadership challenge, in putting in POD or probably even Coveney. They need a nice face and a hard liner in my opinion

Advertisement