Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's the old adage about opinions and assholes! 3rd term is really the big thing and a much better response to the housing issues might have seen them get to that promised land. Some of those losses will be a drop in the FPV vote and lead to second seats falling away.

there is a huge amount of construction (redisential now underway) and a collossal amount either in planning or that has planning. Its possibly too little too late for FG, them dealing with the planning system in a glacial nature, was a big part of the problem . So supply is and will rocket, but they havent sorted affordability problems... will the new likely government of FFG, thats the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

McMurphy wrote: »
    And Eoghan Murphy.

Rumours are flying that Paschal Donohoe is in serious danger of losing his seat, I don't mind Paschal, I think he's a decent sort, but if this is true, FG could be in serious trouble?
    Is that based on the note he was sending around? He was on about 14% in 2016. With a running mate this time and Mary Lou siphoning off every left wing vote should be OK but his mate may not be. Same thing probably applies to Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is that based on the note he was sending around?

Maybe partly on Michael Noonan's endorsement as future leader. Those of a cynical mindset might suspect Baldie was put up to it to shore up Pascal's Dail seat...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Maybe partly on Michael Noonan's endorsement as future leader. Those of a cynical mindset might suspect Baldie was put up to it to shore up Pascal's Dail seat...
    I like Paschal and I think he is talented is not an endorsement of him as a future leader. He may never want it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I like Paschal and I think he is talented is not an endorsement of him as a future leader. He may never want it anyway.

He may not, but in any area, especially politics, it would be very rare for the person in the second seat not looking to move up to the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'd say this is the correct thread to post this seeing as it's a thread about a list of FG failures.

It surely must be considered the mother of all failures to suffer your worst ever election losses in your history, but doubly so in a time of prosperity that FG keep preaching to us we're so privileged for them having delivered?

They've been telling us for a long number of months now how we have the fastest growing economy in the EU (if not the world) and the country is enjoying full employment.

Surely there's a level of resentment and dislike shown to them, arguably much worse than was shown to FF when they got shown the door, because at least they did it to FF because they drove the country over a cliff.

It's not the economy stupid. It's health and housing.

Perhaps next time you're privileged enough to enjoy the mandate the electorate trust you with you won't piss it all away.

The electorate care far more about being priced out of the property market despite 2 adults working full time, or a rental market slowly but steadily handed over to Cuckoo and vulture funds offering accomodation at extortionate rates on 25 year leases.

Similarly, they care about people languishing for days on trolleys, or not been seen by consultants for years as public patients, but conveniently in weeks if you can go private, they also care about footing then bill for the most expensive children's hospital in the world but a sizeable chunk of it being deemed for private fee paying sector.

They care far more about the above than they do about cheesy soundbites and catchy slogans from image obsessed gombeen politicians.

Discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'd say this is the correct thread to post this seeing as it's a thread about a list of FG failures.

It surely must be considered the mother of all failures to suffer your worst ever election losses in your history, but doubly so in a time of prosperity that FG keep preaching to us we're so privileged for them having delivered?

They've been telling us for a long number of months now how we have the fastest growing economy in the EU (if not the world) and the country is enjoying full employment.

Surely there's a level of resentment and dislike shown to them, arguably much worse than was shown to FF when they got shown the door, because at least they did it to FF because they drove the country over a cliff.

It's not the economy stupid. It's health and housing.

Perhaps next time you're privileged enough to enjoy the mandate the electorate trust you with you won't piss it all away.

The electorate care far more about being priced out of the property market despite 2 adults working full time, or a rental market slowly but steadily handed over to Cuckoo and vulture funds offering accomodation at extortionate rates on 25 year leases.

Similarly, they care about people languishing for days on trolleys, or not been seen by consultants for years as public patients, but conveniently in weeks if you can go private, they also care about footing then bill for the most expensive children's hospital in the world but a sizeable chunk of it being deemed for private fee paying kids.

They care far more about the above than they do about cheesy soundbites and catchy slogans from image obsessed gombeen politicians.

Discuss.

All you have do is read and listen to the reaction of FG supporters and some of their elected members as to why the opposition benches is the best place for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Idbatterim wrote: »
    seems like a nice man, but wouldnt say boo to a goose! varadkar has to be one of the biggest spoofers to ever grace this planet.. I see the indo today had some FG backbenchers, really furious over the seat loss. How in a party with thousands of members, in a country of five million. Can they seriously not get ONE fcuking COMPETENT , LEADER?

Zero point if there is a leadership challenge, in putting in POD or probably even Coveney. They need a nice face and a hard liner in my opinion

Plenty FGers on the back benches who are happy to sit and hoover up their salary and expenses have no right to wonder why they are suddenly out of a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Seriously, the low disgusting taunts from the Fine Gael posse over the last several days, such bitter entitlement. Crude and ignorant.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but my area was a FG stronghold. We are now for the first time ever free from both FF and FG. It's a great great time.

We got the obligatory shinner, a SOL-PBP, a I4C and a Green. No SD, but I'm very happy :):)

Dublin South Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Seriously, the low disgusting taunts from the Fine Gael posse over the last several days, such bitter entitlement. Crude and ignorant.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but my area was a FG stronghold. We are now for the first time ever free from both FF and FG. It's a great great time.

We got the obligatory shinner, a SOL-PBP, a I4C and a Green. No SD, but I'm very happy :):)

Dublin South Central.

A FG stronghold? Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

I'd agree with most of that McMurphy, with the exception of the piece on catchy soundbites as it was SF that was the main winner.

I think that they need to do what Leo said he would, i.e. look after those that get up early. Forget about pumping billions in to areas where they won't get votes anyway. There really is nobody to represent this section of the electorate with any coherent policy, so IMO people took a chance on SF.

A FG stronghold? Haha

There has been a comfortable FG TD for my entire lifetime. It was the Mitchell's turf.
    Do I go 'Haha' now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A FG stronghold? Haha

Have you considered the part you and your lil friends played in the downfall?
    Beavering away on the keyboards thinking you were doing the party a great favour while simultaneously pissing off a great many people.

'Making a complete balls of an election campaign': An initiative of the government of Ireland*

* these ads seemed to have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Dublin South Central.

The lowest most disgusting taunt over the last few days came from David Cullinane with his “up the ra” comment, the most crude and ignorant comment possible, unfitting of any elected member of the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Have another election and we can take away a few more fg seats. Including varadkars!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

blanch152 wrote: »
    The lowest most disgusting taunt over the last few days came from David Cullinane with his “up the ra” comment, the most crude and ignorant comment possible, unfitting of any elected member of the Dail.

It's their country now, they can say what they like...

blanch152 wrote: »

Calling the electorate scumbags and wasters was pretty low. We'd another lad reference poorly educated and probably from clondalkin.
    The nastiness from the FG lobby has been abhorrent.
    Look at you here now. I'm talking about who got elected and my thoughts on it, you are trying to throw mud.
    I don't care that a shinner said 'up the ra'. And I'd expect admiration for the hunger strikers.
    Its poor PR and bad press for SF, but it does not bother me and we've a lot to clean up after FG.
    You tried it on with this in another thread. Give it up.

It's their country now, they can say what they like...

It's our country and they work for all of us. That's the attitude of FG and FF, us/them. Whomever gets in is our government.

Advertisement