Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Boggles wrote: »
    Or you know fix the system that lets 50,000 + children fester on a waiting list for a year or more for basic health care.

Or lets 10 times that amount rot on a list getting progressively worse waiting to meet a doctor that actually knows what they are doing.

No need to get Texaco in.
    we need money to do these things of course but its more than that...i'm beginning to think we're incapable as a nation of delivering the kinds of services and infrastructure that other Europeans take for granted. something in the national psyche...cant put my finger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

we need money to do these things of course but its more than that...i'm beginning to think we're incapable as a nation of delivering the kinds of services and infrastructure that other Europeans take for granted. something in the national psyche...cant put my finger on it.

our methods of creating money have been severely curtailed since joining the euro, we are struggling to deliver such services for various different reasons, but you can be damn sure, the fact, we re a tax haven for mnc's certainly isnt helping, opening our economy has caused the rapid rise in the cost of living, particularly in relation to housing, the encouragement of privatisation of our public services and systems, which really just turns your economy into a rent-seeking, wealth extractive monolith, all of these certainly cant help with trying to create properly functioning public services and systems

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Read today 20,000 appointments for children didn’t turn up last year and something like 200,000 people in the last 3 years didn’t turn up for appointments.

People need to let hospitals know so it can speed up the lists.

They do.

My uncle got a phone call a few weeks ago saying his appointment was on that Friday, he hadn't a clue what appointment they were talking about, so he said he would come in for it.

He twigged it the next morning that it was an appointment that was made for him 6 years previous, which he cancelled in writing 5 and half years ago.

He tried to ring to cancel it and couldn't get through at the same time he was doing that the postman arrived with a letter saying that unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances his appointment for that Friday was cancelled.

So yeah, let's blame the patients when that is the level of fúckery people are up against.

our relationship with MNCs is toxic i agree but how do we pull out the table cloth of low corporate tax while keeping the cups and saucers of the economy in tact? also very difficult not to be an open economy while remaining in the EU.

our relationship with MNCs is toxic i agree but how do we pull out the table cloth of low corporate tax while keeping the cups and saucers of the economy in tact? also very difficult not to be an open economy while remaining in the EU.

We don't have an economy of note without the EU.

Can you imagine or governance trying to negotiate 60+ separate trade deals?

We can offer cows, tourism and Guinness.

It would be an absolute massacre.

We'd be dry ridden back to the 80s.

• Advertisement

you ve just pin pointed the complex conundrum, this wont be easy to untangle, but its becoming extremely complicated, and damn dangerous, and not just for ireland. i personally beleive the best way forward with the mnc's is the partial acceptance of corporate tax revenue as stocks and shares, and placing them in a sovereign wealth fund, is probably the best way forward, this could be started immediately, without increasing our current 12.5%. we could of course follow the uk out and see what happens, but going by their current situation, thats probably a very bad idea

We don't have an economy of note without the EU.

Can you imagine or governance trying to negotiate 60+ separate trade deals?

We can offer cows, tourism and Guinness.

It would be an absolute massacre.

We'd be dry ridden back to the 80s.

further back i suspect

a low corporate tax rate and EU membership are both very difficult to quit

a low corporate tax rate and EU membership are both very difficult to quit

oh bare in mind, ireland is in the cross hairs of many European countries, due to our tax haven circumstances with mnc's, this will more than likely come to and end at some stage, possibly soon, we probably should prepare for it beforehand

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    oh bare in mind, ireland is in the cross hairs of many European countries, due to our tax haven circumstances with mnc's, this will more than likely come to and end at some stage, possibly soon, we probably should prepare for it beforehand

would there be a tasty fiscal relief package from the EU in return for giving up our auld sins? dont see how else we'd manage the transition

• Advertisement

would there be a tasty fiscal relief package from the EU in return for giving up our auld sins? dont see how else we'd manage the transition

ah the eu is a mess in my opinion, but hopefully it can be saved and reformed, because if it isnt, if it collapses, we re all in trouble

ah the eu is a mess in my opinion, but hopefully it can be saved and reformed, because if it isnt, if it collapses, we re all in trouble
    i'd agree there. the way its the only game in town is very worrying too.

i'd agree there. the way its the only game in town is very worrying too.

yea we ve effectively monopolised ourselves, but the eu has been largely beneficial to ireland, and to probably most others countries, it is going through a dangerous transitional period though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

They do.

My uncle got a phone call a few weeks ago saying his appointment was on that Friday, he hadn't a clue what appointment they were talking about, so he said he would come in for it.

He twigged it the next morning that it was an appointment that was made for him 6 years previous, which he cancelled in writing 5 and half years ago.

He tried to ring to cancel it and couldn't get through at the same time he was doing that the postman arrived with a letter saying that unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances his appointment for that Friday was cancelled.

So yeah, let's blame the patients when that is the level of fúckery people are up against.

In typical boards style one persons experience is exactly the same as 200,000 people so let’s blame the government.

Like 10,000 homeless.

Every one of them is the governments fault without any questions asked.

we could of course follow the uk out and see what happens, but going by their current situation, thats probably a very bad idea

The UK aren't out. Yet.

There is a reason almost 3 years after they were supposed to leave they are still in and it's very little to do with the pantomime of parliament.

What happened was some grown ups sat down and explained to those in power what exactly is likely to happen and that has scared the absolute shít out of them, as it should do.

It happened around the time Theresa dropped the No Deal is better than a bad deal horseshít.

In typical boards style one persons experience is exactly the same as 200,000 people so let’s blame the government.

Like 10,000 homeless.

Every one of them is the governments fault without any questions asked.

So a health system that is getting progressively worse is not the fault of a governance that have been in power 9 years?

Who do we hold accountable, the Smurfs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So a health system that is getting progressively worse is not the fault of a governance that have been in power 9 years?

It seems it's anyone's fault except the people actually tasked with governing the country ie FG.

Hold up there.

I never suggested any of that.

I just said people who don’t turn up for appointments should ring and cancel if they aren’t bothered to turn up which would speed up things.

I never once absolved the government from responsibility of the state of the health service.

I just said people who don’t turn up for appointments should ring and cancel if they aren’t bothered to turn up which would speed up things.

They definitely should, but there is varied reasons why appointments are not kept, I just gave you one example.

Either way the vast amount of appointments are kept even when they take years to materialize.

It seems it's anyone's fault except the people actually tasked with governing the country ie FG.

Do you not agree that if people turned up or told the hospitals they weren’t gonna turn up would speed up the time other people are waiting to be seen?

And if the government upped its game.

Those two things would help a lot.

Will you agree with that?

Is it always the governments fault for everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Relax everyone. We get the Government we deserve at the end of the day.

I am pretty annoyed with FG, you know, the party that said it would look after those who get up early in the morning and contribute to society and so on.

Nope, didn't happen. Those who rise early have to rise even earlier to commute from afar in order to support our brethren who are assigned expensive apartments in prime areas, at our expense. I do realise that many who are granted social housing are working, but many are not also.

Anyway before I blow a gasket, I will just say FG forgot their core vote, and that will come back to bite them in the nether regions.

Do you not agree that if people turned up or told the hospitals they weren’t gonna turn up would speed up the time other people are waiting to be seen?

And if the government upped its game.

Those two things would help a lot.

Will you agree with that?

Is it always the governments fault for everything?

First point 20,000 failed to turn up for appointments, how many of that figure had died waiting?
    Secondly how many of those appointments were for children.
    Thirdly if all those 20,000 appointments could have been turned into children appointments still 180,000 waiting. We do know that over 50,000 are waiting over a year.
    Lastly we elect a government to run the country. It's members get paid exceptionally well. We pay quite alot of taxes to the state. Exactly whose fault is it when the government fails at the job it is elected to do?

First point 20,000 failed to turn up for appointments, how many of that figure had died waiting?
    Secondly how many of those appointments were for children.
    Thirdly if all those 20,000 appointments could have been turned into children appointments still 180,000 waiting. We do know that over 50,000 are waiting over a year.
    Lastly we elect a government to run the country. It's members get paid exceptionally well. We pay quite alot of taxes to the state. Exactly whose fault is it when the government fails at the job it is elected to do?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/
    20000-mental-health-appointments-for-children-and-adolescents-were-unattended-in-2018-968614.html

“20,000 mental health appointments for children and adolescents were unattended in 2018”

Sorry it was 20,000 appointments for mental health last year.

I got it mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I will just say FG forgot their core vote, and that will come back to bite them in the nether regions.

Where will that core vote go though? Do they have any good reason to think they will get a better deal from FF or the left parties?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/dara-murphy-entitled-to-over-500k-after-resignation-968563.html

Heard Leo is going to close the stable door now that the horse has bolted. He believes the expenses system is too lax. Funny he didn't have a comment when Enda was pretty much at the same carry on.

Anyone ever heard of the PSO Levy?

I just spotted it on my electricity bill.

Turns out its basically a carbon tax in since 2010.

This is something that is definitely annoying me.

We already have a carbon tax yet we will have more next year?

Are the government trying to pull a fast one here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Where will that core vote go though? Do they have any good reason to think they will get a better deal from FF or the left parties?

Ill give my vote to renua , probably a wasted vote, but one party that recognizes, how done workers here are :rolleyes: Maybe a second and third preference to SF and FF...

FG lied about rewarding workers, they lust for insane property prices, build to rent, vulture funds, their friends in high places! If FF or SF, started state built housing again etc, it could save workers a fortune v the pittance FG throw at us every budget, throw a pittance at us, while we get done up the ass on property , because of their actions...

Relax everyone. We get the Government we deserve at the end of the day.

I am pretty annoyed with FG, you know, the party that said it would look after those who get up early in the morning and contribute to society and so on.

Nope, didn't happen. Those who rise early have to rise even earlier to commute from afar in order to support our brethren who are assigned expensive apartments in prime areas, at our expense. I do realise that many who are granted social housing are working, but many are not also.

Anyway before I blow a gasket, I will just say FG forgot their core vote, and that will come back to bite them in the nether regions.

It’s funny people say FG don’t care about the poor or vulnerable yet they have been looked after better than anyone else during their tenure!!!

Anyone ever heard of the PSO Levy?

I just spotted it on my electricity bill.

Turns out its basically a carbon tax in since 2010.

This is something that is definitely annoying me.

We already have a carbon tax yet we will have more next year?

Are the government trying to pull a fast one here?

The PSO is not a carbon tax, it a obligation on consumers to support greener technologies such as wind and solar for example.
    If FG didn't agree with the PSO they could have scrapped it.
    Genuine question can you please tell me the difference between FF and FG?

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Ill give my vote to renua , probably a wasted vote, but one party that recognizes, how done workers here are :rolleyes: Maybe a second and third preference to SF and FF...

FG lied about rewarding workers, they lust for insane property prices, build to rent, vulture funds, their friends in high places! If FF or SF, started state built housing again etc, it could save workers a fortune v the pittance FG throw at us every budget, throw a pittance at us, while we get done up the ass on property , because of their actions...

Why would FG look after foreign vulture funds???

I don’t get it, like what benefit is it for them as a party?

It’s bad press but how are they benefitting?

Advertisement