Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Now & Leinster leader

• 05-12-2019 4:55pm

Are these the same thing now?
    Always have the same articles word for word and same pictures etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

No. Leinster Leader is a newspaper in its own right and has been around for about 40 years.

KN is a lad collating news from various actual news sites (such as LL) as well as twitter and various FB groups. Some of the stuff is of dubious quality: there was a house burgled in Naas but the photograph in the KN article was from a news report in Texas.

(The kildarenow.ie domain is owned by KFM Radio and redirects there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

n97 mini wrote: »
    No. Leinster Leader is a newspaper in its own right and has been around for about 40 years.

Are you certain that's still the case? I thought I read a few months ago that they had moved into the same offices in Naas? I heard LL had bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Kildare Now (Kildare Post freesheet) and Leinster Leader are owned by Iconic media since earlier this year

silver2020 wrote: »
    Kildare Now (Kildare Post freesheet) and Leinster Leader are owned by Iconic media since earlier this year

Well that explains a lot.
    thanks for the info.

Advertisement