Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy official dock for the Switch?

• 05-12-2019 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'd like to purchase a second dock for the Switch to play on another TV, but I can't find any official ones, not even in the Nintendo store. There are used ones on Amazon and CEX but they seem way overpriced.
    Where can I buy the official dock from in Ireland without losing an arm and a leg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

They've been hard to find for a long time. I see CEX is charging €75. I think brand new that pack was €90 so it is a marginal saving but still very pricey.
    There has been issues with cheaper third party docks bricking consoles so I'd be reluctant to go that route. CEX might be your best bet sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I bought a second one last year for €80 from CEX so there is a saving this year!!

However having a second dock on a second TV is the only way to go if a Switch is in high demand in a house and there is also PS4 permanently wedded to another TV!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

After a quick look online I see you can get a dock for roughly €38 (dock only, includes delivery) on ebay and you can get the charger brand new in Smyths for €30.
    Assuming you might have a HDMI cable laying about the house somewhere you'd be all set to go for €68. That's the best I can see. Been looking online myself for a good while and that's the cheapest I've ever seen the official dock. Albeit partly second-hand.

Advertisement