Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help

Options
  • 05-12-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi, I want to start my own business in the new year.
    I have found the perfect area and the perfect premises. I have run into a bit of a problem though. The premises has been closed for 5 years, the last company in the premises has been dissolved for the same 5 years.
    I went to the area today and asked all the other retailers if they knew who owned/managed the shop I was looking at and they all told me that a bank owns it.

My question is does anyone have any idea if/how I can find out what bank owns it and if they have any plans for the shop in the future. It has just been sitting there empty for 5 years.

Probably a long shot but any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Hi, I want to start my own business in the new year.
    I have found the perfect area and the perfect premises. I have run into a bit of a problem though. The premises has been closed for 5 years, the last company in the premises has been dissolved for the same 5 years.
    I went to the area today and asked all the other retailers if they knew who owned/managed the shop I was looking at and they all told me that a bank owns it.

My question is does anyone have any idea if/how I can find out what bank owns it and if they have any plans for the shop in the future. It has just been sitting there empty for 5 years.

Probably a long shot but any help would be much appreciated.

If a bank owns it, then it'll be up for sale shortly, if not already sold.

Check the cro for the compnay that trader there. Look to see if a receiver has been appointed to the company. This may give an indication, and you could contact them, however they'll only be interested in a sale.

If you're interested then there's no issue.

Second, is there a management company in place for the area, you could find out who owns that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just don't get too bogged down trying to get this make this happen. It could take months/years to pull off and your time could be better spent getting your idea up and running.

Good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Throwing this out there, if you have the perfect area and the perfect business, why has that location been closed to any business for 5 years? Generally, most business will thrive / be attracted to where there is adequate footfall. I'd ask why nothing has opened in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Just don't get too bogged down trying to get this make this happen. It could take months/years to pull off and your time could be better spent getting your idea up and running.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to do this. I just have to find a new place.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

ironclaw wrote: »
    Throwing this out there, if you have the perfect area and the perfect business, why has that location been closed to any business for 5 years? Generally, most business will thrive / be attracted to where there is adequate footfall. I'd ask why nothing has opened in its place.

From the conversations I had with the other retailers yesterday, seemingly there is money owed and it is holding up any sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement