Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved home to ireland, need bank account that is easy to open + offers apple pay

• 06-12-2019 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all
    Hoping someone might offer advice,
    Just moved back to ireland, from the uk on Wednesday. I need a bank account, that offers apple pay, but because I've just moved back, I don't have 2 proofs of address like kbc wants, I have started the process of opening an account with them
    Wondering is there a bank that's easier to open an account with, and that also offers apple pay? From being in the uk, I've gotten really used to it now. I'm totally blind as well, so not having to bring my card/cash with me is much safer when out and about, etc
    Any advice greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

maybe not helpful, but when I moved country and had no proof of address, a letter from my employer on headed paper did the trick. things may have changed since then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Revolut just needs a passport, would that work?
    On an aside, what program do you use to navigate on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Revolut just needs a passport, would that work?
    On an aside, what program do you use to navigate on line?

Hiya :)
    Thanks a million for this, yes, have a passport, and sighted servants, eh I mean family members ;) that can take pics if needed, to send for application etc. That's really great, thank you so much
    I use an iphone, navigate with safari, use the in built screen reader on IOS called voice over, and type in braille on my screen.

I'll need a bank account first, so revolut won't work after all :(
    I appreciate the suggestion though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

N26 will do the job for you.
    You don't need the famous and idiotic proof of address.
    When I asked they said we are posting the card to this address.
    That's proof enough for us.
    The very practical Germans!
    https://n26.com/en-eu/blog/n26-apple-pay-live-ireland

• Advertisement

paddy19 wrote: »
    N26 will do the job for you.
    You don't need the famous and idiotic proof of address.
    When I asked they said we are posting the card to this address.
    That's proof enough for us.
    The very practical Germans!

That's amazing. Thanks a million really appreciate the reply. Germans are cool, they always approach everything so logically :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

You can go to a Garda station and get your ID certified and KBC will accept this.

well they did for me in 2018 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1628

KBC have a forum here. In fairness this ****e is a requirement by the Irish Government to comply with anti-money laundering and counter terrorism finance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

EBS Money Manager for your Irish Current Account and use that to top up a Revolut Account which will give you Apple Pay would be my recommendation.

Don't be paying fees when you can avoid them.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    EBS Money Manager for your Irish Current Account and use that to top up a Revolut Account which will give you Apple Pay would be my recommendation.

Don't be paying fees when you can avoid them.

Hi Delta
    Miraculously, I somehow, managed to remember my open24 number, and was able to pick a new access code, which then enabled me to see, both current accounts that I had with ptsb are still open, so I will use one of them for now, and topup a bunk, I think it is, account, which will give me apple pay. Thanks for your response, appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭spuddy

Alternatively if you do want an Irish based account, get a Basic Account, it's an EU mandated account all banks must offer, with an eye on individuals who are moving country. Suggest you go with the KBC one, as you expressed an interest in them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

FREE EBS Money Manager is better than a Basic Account.

Advertisement