Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tp Link

Options
  • 06-12-2019 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Total newbie to this thread so hoping it isn't to dumb a question. I have my internet in one room and connect it to a different room using the tp link power adapters for the eir box and tv, but the kids want to add an android box and xbox etc. So I was wondering is it possible to add a network switch or something and connect from the powerline adapter to give me more ports, or if not what can i do...........?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

jmdsk wrote: »
    Total newbie to this thread so hoping it isn't to dumb a question. I have my internet in one room and connect it to a different room using the tp link power adapters for the eir box and tv, but the kids want to add an android box and xbox etc. So I was wondering is it possible to add a network switch or something and connect from the powerline adapter to give me more ports, or if not what can i do...........?

Yes, just get a cheap unmanaged switch and use that to expand the number of ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

@Degsie, lovely thanks. Will I need any extra or special cables. Or will it just be powerline adapter - ethernet cable - network switch then cables to various electric components.
    Does it matter on colours on end of cables, have loads from the various interent providers throughout the years yelow, red white ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Just connect one ethernet cable from the TP-Link to a port on the switch, then use standard ethernet cables to connect the other switch ports to the various devices. Not sure what you mean by yellow/red/white ends. Just bog standard ethernet cables should be used.

Advertisement