Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir coverage connaught

• 06-12-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi , anybody else having issues with eir coverage in connaught the last three weeks , i am losing coverage completely in a lot of places that i used to have it and seem to have a bad signal everywhere else . I was travelling down in east clare last week and virtually had no signal from when i entered county clare until i left it . Service was good for years up to now .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hi , anybody else having issues with eir coverage in connaught the last three weeks , i am losing coverage completely in a lot of places that i used to have it and seem to have a bad signal everywhere else . I was travelling down in east clare last week and virtually had no signal from when i entered county clare until i left it . Service was good for years up to now .

Really poor in rural Galway. Coverage map says strong 4g but no sign of it indoor or outdoor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭GIMP

irishchris wrote: »
    Really poor in rural Galway. Coverage map says strong 4g but no sign of it indoor or outdoor

Noticed that too in rural north Roscommon, maps are grossly inaccurate. Ther was barely 2g coverage yet the maps had full 4g coverage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

GIMP wrote: »
    Noticed that too in rural north Roscommon, maps are grossly inaccurate. Ther was barely 2g coverage yet the maps had full 4g coverage!

I was with gomo for a week in sligo Town. Absolutely brutal, at home I would have to go out the front door to make a call and was getting lots of dropped ones. The centre of town was OK for reception but data speeds didn't get above 10 megs and usually were a lot lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 senach1719

Yes. I can't make or receive calls in Westport town. Ok just outside the town but not when I'm at work. Eir told me the nearest mast was offline for repairs for 1 hour a day but I have no signal at anytime. Have missed loads of calls. Apparently the next nearest mast is ok but I automatically connect to the nearest mast so I think I have a signal until I try to make a call.
    Was told by Eir customer Care that I'd have to (a) replace the SIM - made no difference. and (b) try a different phone - made no difference obviously because it's the mast that is the problem. Not happy with service or customer care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Was switching between H+ and 4G+ for a few days in Castlebar but no issue for calls or browsing the web, seems to be normal again.
    I've just come from Westport and have no issue at all there, similar for the mother in law and she's living in Westport.

Edit: On Gomo now from Eir but same network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 senach1719

Thanks corsav6. I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Advertisement