Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for Poor land - Competing with forestry companies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

victor8600 wrote: »
    I don't understand. Is this some kind of a blind auction where you have to bid once and have no chance to see what other bids are?

Land auctions I've seen where open auctions in hotel conference rooms with people bidding openly. Or are you trying to buy the land to prevent it going to the auction?

Perhaps the land is not being auctioned, but instead being sold by Private Treaty.
    Unfortunately at least some Auctioneers are not trustworthy......they pretend that they have high offers in order to bluff those genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

Perhaps the land is not being auctioned, but instead being sold by Private Treaty..

correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

correct!
    But how do you tell????....You cant prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

kk.man wrote: »

Sorry i dont understand that comment? How do you tell what? :confused:

The land is for sale by private treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭victor8600

kk.man wrote: »

Exactly. You have to trust the auctioneer in that case. Or bid low and hope nobody else is interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement