Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITunes12 - IPhone5S issue

• 06-12-2019 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to use ITunes12 on Win10 OS to backup an IPhone5s which I want to move off of. When I connect the iphone via USB I get a trust this computer prompt to which I select Yes. I can view my Photo's in Windows but I just cannot see the device in ITunes? I plug in an IPhone7 and ITunes12 picks it up straight away.

I have tried some of the basic suggestions online for this issue - uninstall/reinstall ITunes, etc but to no avail.

Any ideas please? Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Could you back up to iCloud instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

5uspect wrote: »
    Could you back up to iCloud instead?

I guess I could. Thanks for the suggestion. Pretty annoying all the same that ITunes will not pick it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

What version of iOS is the 5S running? Might be too old for iTunes 12...?

iniall wrote: »
    What version of iOS is the 5S running? Might be too old for iTunes 12...?

iOS 10 (I have space issues hence I have not upgraded). I might actually try this as a last resort - clear down phone , upgrade to iOS 12 and try again. Thanks for the suggestion

Just to update this thread. Cleared some space down on the phone and upgraded to IOS version 12.4.4.

ITunes nor another third party free program I just downloaded picks up the IPhone 5S?
    Using either of the above programs with an IPhone6 on IOS version 12.3.1 seems to work.

So I am looking to run a backup on the IPhone5S (contacts, texts, whatsapp and small number of apps) so I can move to the IPhone6. Any other workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Again, just back up to iCloud. The free 5GB should be enough to backup the phone state (it’ll just download the apps automatically). Be sure to back up WhatsApp from within the app itself.

Thanks all - the icloud backup worked perfectly. Just took a little time to complete.

My last good backup was 5th Feb. As the new iPhone 7 has now been setup - is there a way on the old phone to take a newer backup and update the iPhone 7 without having to go through the entire setup again? ie: not having to erase everything on the iPhone7 and starting again.
    Otherwise I can live without 9 days data.

Thanks again to all.

So the 7 has an older backup of the 5s running on it? If they’re on the same iCloud account everything like photos and messages etc should just sync if you’re using iCloud Photo Library and iMessage in iCloud. For other items you can AirDrop them over.

Advertisement