Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sky are a disgrace. You pay X thousand a year for their service and you are subjected to ad breaks every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Grueller wrote:
    The equivalent of Liverpools Ricky Lambert moment.

Yep, I was thinking earlier how this period for United was reminscent of when Liverpool were buying players like him, Konchesky, Voronin etc. It's the level United are at now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yep, I was thinking earlier how this period for United was reminscent of when Liverpool were buying players like him, Konchesky, Voronin etc. It's the level United are at now.

Not a good example. Voronin signed after Liverpool just lost a CL final, a year afetr winning the FA and 2 years after winning the CL. 2 years later came closest to winning the league in 18 years.

Not in the Hodgson era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

NIMAN wrote: »
    Roy Keane thinks he deserves another year.

i thought roy would be one of the vocal ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Not a good example. Voronin signed after Liverpool just lost a CL final, a year afetr winning the FA and 2 years after winning the CL. 2 years later came closest to winning the league in 18 years.

Not in the Hodgson era.

Also, with the Konchesky example, it was a bit like signing Andy Robertson. You win some you lose some. Hardly a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ardent wrote: »
    Also, with the Konchesky example, it was a bit like signing Andy Robertson. You win some you lose some. Hardly a disgrace.

Tbf none of the hysteric examples are actually 6 month loans where the player promptly left the club after 6 months.

The only comparable Liverpool deal would actually be Caulker which was under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Liam O wrote: »
    Why everything has to be about Liverpool on some way I'll never know...

# obsession :)

2 most successful clubs in england, near each other, always competing with each other (within reason!). they should be competing with each other. liverpool were on a slump the last few years. utd supporters were prob dicks with the faux concern. the shoe is on the other foot now. i think these rivalries are great. once its all in good spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep it's official United have turned into Liverpool of 6 or 7 years ago scrambling around to find anyone half decent to join on deadline day,
    Its glorious to see

Real bang of Balotelli off this one alright

Real bang of Balotelli off this one alright

not really. ballotelli was somewhat proven. this is just depersation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So utd were being mentioned with getting Bale, but end up with Odion Ighalo.

Kind of sums them up these last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Britain has just left the EU how is that going to effect the transfer windows going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Britain has just left the EU how is that going to effect the transfer windows going forward.

All players must get a rule britannia tattoo on entering the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I may have gotten this wrong and only caught the last bit of the segment but on the OTB football show, they mentioned english clubs wouldnt be able to buy foreign players under the age of 18. Cant tell you much more but what its what i took from it. Interesting if true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sky still have lads live reporting transfers up in Scotland, they are talking about transfers that concluded hours ago.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

No one knows yet, has to all be negotiated in the much like everything else. Their future relationship with the rest of us and the form that takes hasn't really been worked out yet.
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    I may have gotten this wrong and only caught the last bit of the segment but on the OTB football show, they mentioned english clubs wouldnt be able to buy foreign players under the age of 18. Cant tell you much more but what its what i took from it. Interesting if true

That's something the FA want to bring in so not really to do with Brexit but they'd be able to push it through since the EU can no longer stop them. Can't imagine the all powerful clubs being too happy about ti though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bowen went to west ham in the end, could be a good signing.

Or he could be playing Championship again come August

.G. wrote: »
    No one knows yet, has to all be negotiated in the much like everything else. Their future relationship with the rest of us and the form that takes hasn't really been worked out yet.

That's something the FA want to bring in so not really to do with Brexit but they'd be able to push it through since the EU can no longer stop them. Can't imagine the all powerful clubs being too happy about ti though.

Ah ok, i was skeptical, thanks for the clear up G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So utd were being mentioned with getting Bale, but end up with Odion Ighalo.

Kind of sums them up these last few years.

Who the **** would want Gareth Bale?

Signing a back up striker on loan when you have one fit senior forward in the squad is hardly the worst move in the world, how you get into that situation in the first place is a different matter altogether but some lads really do need to just chill their tits a bit. Its a 6 month short term cover deal, its an extra body in a paper thin squad.

And again, Gareth Bale me hole.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

sugarman wrote: »
    Not true, all to do with Brexit.

I would say its a case to just see what happens. Like G said, the big clubs, considering to be fair, would be most of the teams in the PL with the amount of money in the business would have a "say" i.e money talks.

Edit: it is very interesting though, with the fai rebuild and not all our best young players going abroad and not even make it because of sheer under 18 talent these big clubs can buy in the uk, it must be a good thing for irish football.
    My simplistic take on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well that was all a bit of an anti climax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well that was all a bit of an anti climax.

It usually is.

Only desperate and poorly run clubs do buisness on deadline day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ricero wrote: »
    It usually is.

Only desperate and poorly run clubs do buisness on deadline day.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2d3d79fc856551bb197d64cd5d42a291eae5d445&rid=giphy.gif

Man U fans doing what we Liverpool fans used to do...sign an absolutely muck player and convince ourselves he's gonna be shrewd business. Long may it continue.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1223345609417154561?s=21

Why a 6 month loan deal when 3 of those months are close season ?

• Deeply concerning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eigrod wrote: »

Does anyone ever move for a shorter period of time on loan? Can't recall anyone ever doing it?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does anyone ever move for a shorter period of time on loan? Can't recall anyone ever doing it?

I don’t know if there is a lower limit, but Man Utd’s next game that he can play in is mid Feb, their last game is mid May (not including potential cup finals), so if they decide not to buy him, they’ll be paying for 3 months that he’s of absolutely no use to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What do you mean by this? :confused:

• Advertisement

I don’t know if there is a lower limit, but Man Utd’s next game that he can play in is mid Feb, their last game is mid May (not including potential cup finals), so if they decide not to buy him, they’ll be paying for 3 months that he’s of absolutely no use to them.

Does he have to be quarantined for two weeks? Will probably need a week or so after that to get up to speed then.

JPA wrote: »
    What do you mean by this? :confused:

Think he got mixed up on the dates a bit. Season is over in May so only be June he's getting paid for that he's not actually available?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think he got mixed up on the dates a bit. Season is over in May so only be June he's getting paid for that he's not actually available?

Like I said, they only have games from mid-Feb to mid-May. 3 months.

Is it not to do with registrations?

I mean players never become Free Agents in May. They are always under contract until July.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is it not to do with registrations?

I mean players never become Free Agents in May. They are always under contract until July.

Possibly. Just thought it a bit strange that it’s until 31st July (or whenever 6 months from date of signing).

Like I said, they only have games from mid-Feb to mid-May. 3 months.

Sure he had to be registered in January, 6 month loan deals are very standard fare.

• Advertisement

Possibly. Just thought it a bit strange that it’s until 31st July (or whenever 6 months from date of signing).

It seems to be I mean Cedric has 6 months left on his Southampton contract and joined Arsenal on loan for 6 months.

Nobody must play Football Manager here.
    Contracts end June 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Loans can be terminated ANYTIME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Loans can be terminated ANYTIME

So long as both clubs agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

JPA wrote: »
    Nobody must play Football Manager here.
    Contracts end June 30th.

Say your playing as Man Utd for example, you can’t sign a pre contract agreement with any player based in England, however you can sign a player to a pre contract agreement from say France no issues,

Then players from say the us and China there contracts run to the 31st of dec

Football manager 101 ha

• Advertisement

• FPLsubscribe had to delete his Twitter account after this from all the abuse he received from triggered rabid fans.

Sad because he seemed legit and his information was sound from what I'd seen

What's ironic is that sky sports were reporting the same thing the other day

FPLsubscribe had to delete his Twitter account after this from all the abuse he received from triggered rabid fans.

What was the original tweet?

• What was the original tweet?
    Prediction that VVD would leave in the summer
    Juve in line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What was the original tweet?

He said that Liverpool's greatest ever legend had told him that VVD is going to Juventus in the summer and wanted to leave.

Somehow a person who plays a fantasy football game is privvy to inside information about Man United and their injuries is also rubbing shoulders with the biggest legend at Liverpool....

There are actual journalists with links to Liverpool who have said recently that VVD wants to sign a new Liverpool contract. The fantasy deleting his account before he gets shown up for making stuff up I would suspect.

Prediction that VVD would leave in the summer
    Juve in line

If they do win the lot this season it’ll be interesting to see if lads stay in Liverpool or if they want a challenge. the UK and Ireland aren’t really appealing places to live for people from the continent when they could be in Madrid, Turin etc
    Klopp will be key to holding onto lads as once the German national team or Bayern come calling you’d imagine his head will turned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Prediction that VVD would leave in the summer Juve in line

Isn't that the same guy that regularly broke the news of Liverpool teams before they were announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FPLsubscribe had to delete his Twitter account after this from all the abuse he received from triggered rabid fans.

Yes very sad an account making up stories deleted their account.

• brinty wrote: »
    Isn't that the same guy that regularly broke the news of Liverpool teams before they were announced?

Not exclusive to just Liverpool from what I've seen. Majority accurate too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If they do win the lot this season it’ll be interesting to see if lads stay in Liverpool or if they want a challenge the UK and Ireland aren’t really appealing places to live for people from the continent when they could be in Madrid, Turin etc
    Klopp will be key to holding onto lads as once the German national team or Bayern come calling you’d imagine his head will turned

How have City been able to hold on to KDB, Agüero and David Silva all this time?

The excuse previously was that Latin stars were enticed by Real and Barca and Liverpool were winning nothing so it was obvious why they were moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If they do win the lot this season it’ll be interesting to see if lads stay in Liverpool or if they want a challenge the UK and Ireland aren’t really appealing places to live for people from the continent when they could be in Madrid, Turin etc Klopp will be key to holding onto lads as once the German national team or Bayern come calling you’d imagine his head will turned

Or real or Barca, the really top European clubs.. these Europeans are a fickle bunch, no attachment to the club.

Look at VVD, has he stayed more than 3 years anywhere. If so then the Juventus talk makes sense

I suspect Pep and his normal pattern of 3/4 years is up and he'll leave in the summer too.

#Joseitis

• Advertisement
Advertisement