Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Isn't his release clause €20m?

I thought it was €30m and that that only applies for RB Leipzig.

We don't know if there are other clauses for different types of teams. For example that £25m clause that Alderwield had was only for team in the CL, so Haaland's could be similar. It could be a case that RB Leipzig, Juventus & Man United would all have to pay 3 different amounts if they wanted to buy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

FitzShane wrote: »
    I thought it was €30m and that that only applies for RB Leipzig.

We don't know if there are other clauses for different types of teams. For example that £25m clause that Alderwield had was only for team in the CL, so Haalabd's could be similar. It could be a case that RB Leipzig, Juventus & Man United would all have to pay 3 different amounts if they wanted to buy him.

Reports suggest that Juve will sign him. Could be loaned back and then move in the Summer.
    He's worth the gamble for the clubs looking to sign him, given the fee involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

In other sons-of-former-norwegian-premier-league players-being-great news, brighton are going to sign Emil Bohinen, son of Lars, who is apparently another norse wonderkid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Great move for him. There was rumours of him joining United but without CL it was always highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The prospect of Solskjaer convincing Haaland to join United was the one glimmer of a positive I could cling to heading into the new year over him staying. Says it all that even his protege can't stomach the thought of working with him again.

#Poch2020 is all I've got left.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dortmund once again sign a hugely talented young player who they will no doubt sell for a big profit in a few years. He will be given game time in a league where he can continue to develop and be no doubt the focal point for one of the strongest teams meaning he can continue to score as well. Plus he will be getting big European experience before another big moves in 2/3 years most likely.

smart move all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good move for him and it was always going to be to a Dortmund or Leipzig wasn’t it? Nearly guaranteed another move in a few years which means more money for Raiola. Interesting to see how he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/DuhailSC/status/1211407813978685440

Mandzukic confirmed to Al Duhail from Qatar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://twitter.com/DuhailSC/status/1211407813978685440

Mandzukic confirmed to Al Duhail from Qatar.

He's a good footballer. Its a shame the way it worked at Juve, being surplus to requirements, but he was technically very gifted and scored some big goals in his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1211726733134704640?s=19

Was hoping he'd end up at Inter instead of Juve where he'll end up like Bernadeschi who is a worse player since going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blimey that feels like a bit of a fall from grace, two or three years ago he'd have been a player I'd have been happy to see at Liverpool. From that "sign all the Julians era" - along with Brandt and Draxler

Blimey that feels like a bit of a fall from grace, two or three years ago he'd have been a player I'd have been happy to see at Liverpool. From that "sign all the Julians era" - along with Brandt and Draxler

Anytime I've seen him lately he's been played as a (poor) makeshift centre back. Injuries have absolutely taken its toll on his progression as a player the last 2 years. Maybe he might get his career back on track but Benfica are a drop in 2019. Would have liked to see him go somewhere like Ajax, Atalanta or Lyon. England is way too physical for him at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/31/january-transfer-window-2020-club-by-club-guide-for-the-premier-league

The Guadrian with a brief run-down of every team's likely windows. Not sure how accurate any of this is but I would anticipate a quiet enough month for most clubs.

Interesting ones -

West Ham targeting Joe Allen and Darron Randolph. I like Allen and am surprised he stayed in the Championship for so long but that's a bad move for Randolph to be second string to Fabianski.

Palace's spend seems contingent on the sale of Zaha, despite Hodgson's pleas for reinforcements.

Wolves to be busy? Interest in a CB (Boly injury) as well as midfielders, including Franck Kessie and Ryan Manning. No mention of Hwang of Salzburg, who is also heavily linked.

• Advertisement

Saw that, rubbish article some terrible space filler crops up at this time of year, the Hwang deal is pretty much done

The Times now claims that Aubameyang wants to join a team where he can play Champions League football and one that is ‘capable of winning trophies’.
    He wants to leave at the end of the season with 18 months left on his current deal.

The Times now claims that Aubameyang wants to join a team where he can play Champions League football and one that is ‘capable of winning trophies’.
    He wants to leave at the end of the season with 18 months left on his current deal.

He'll be 31 next summer & for the fee he would cost it would be a very shortsighted signing for said clubs that are 'capable of winning trophies'.
    Not sure what he was expecting at Arsenal coming from Dortmund as it was not an upwards move in anything bar his wages & London.

Piece in the Athletic today about some players who might be keen to move: https://theathletic.com/1470299/2020/01/01/the-bargain-buys-who-could-be-making-their-way-to-your-club-this-january-emre-can-hwang-sylla-marega-sanson-oztunali-rodriguez/

Lists the likes of Emre Can (37 apps last year, just 7 this season and left out of Juvé's CL squad; not ideal for a man who would have been in with a very good shout of being at Euro 2020 this time last year), Ricardo Rodriguez (his career has been torpedoed by the misery surrounding Milan), and Moussa Marega (Porto striker who always seems to get a few goals in the CL, might be a good option on loan for a low-end PL side struggling for goals like Watford?)

Times and others also running with Zaha to Chelsea. Which would seem odd if Sancho is on their target list, even if they do play different flanks as a rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How many £50m+ defenders will Pep buy I see City are linked with a move for a Chilwell today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

How many £50m+ defenders will Pep buy

My prediction: None

Surridge recalled from loan at Swansea back to Bournemouth.

Surridge recalled from loan at Swansea back to Bournemouth.

That'll seal the deal for Rhian Brewster being loaned to Swansea then. They want Borja out too so would leave them with no strikers, I think.

Jack Rodwell signs for Sheff Utd till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Patrick Roberts has left Norwich to join Middlesbrough on loan from City instead.

Liverpool academy and loan striker Herbie Kane has joined Hull City for rest of season. He worked under Grant McCann at Donny where he did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jack Rodwell signs for Sheff Utd till the end of the season.

Why? They all ready have Ravel Morrisson.

Vallejo being sent back to Madrid from Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal to sign Johnny Sexton.

• Arsenal to sign Johnny Sexton.

Bit late for a career change no?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

pjohnson wrote: »
    Vallejo being sent back to Madrid from Wolves.

Is that being sent back as in "hes rubbish we don't want him"

or have Madrid recalled him?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is that being sent back as in "hes rubbish we don't want him"

or have Madrid recalled him?

Sounds more like Nuno is just sending him back for being rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Going to go with Giroud to Villa til the end of the season with Wesley injured.

Jack Rodwell has joined Sheffield United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jack Rodwell has joined Sheffield United.

Whats the deal with him? Still only 28 , but going by wiki he left Blakburn at the end of last season after his contract expired.

Has he had a good few injuries? Played about a season and a half worth of games in 4 years at Sunderland. Unless I'm missing something, jumping straight to a PL club seems odd for his recent history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Whats the deal with him? Still only 28 , but going by wiki he left Blakburn at the end of last season after his contract expired.

Has he had a good few injuries? Played about a season and a half worth of games in 4 years at Sunderland. Unless I'm missing something, jumping straight to a PL club seems odd for his recent history.

His agent is a magician

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Hasn’t been at his best this season. A change of scenery might do him the world of good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Saw a report from Turkey yesterday linking City to Soyuncu from Leicester.

Might be BS. Good defender, but I guess Leicester don't need to sell, unless the deal would be astronomical, as in more than they got for Maguire.

Soyuncu is playing better this season than Maguire is this year, and is playing to a higher level than Maguire did last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Soyuncu is playing better this season than Maguire is this year, and is playing to a higher level than Maguire did last year too.

Even though Liverpool thrashed Leicester I thought he was still impressive in that match.

Weren't Citeh supposed to be interested in Soyuncu before he went to Leicester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Weren't Citeh supposed to be interested in Soyuncu before he went to Leicester?

Yeah, to some extent at least. I think everyone was linked with him when he was at Freiberg really. Arsenal were as well, and Man Utd, before Leicester nabbed him summer 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/1213397005139099654

I like this move from Bayern's perspective. He looks a logical successor to Neuer. Brave call from the player's perspective as supposedly he was offered €7m by Schalke to extend his contract, while Bayern offered €5.5m. He's giving up first team football and the Schalke captaincy to likely start out as Neuer's back-up.

Even though Liverpool thrashed Leicester I thought he was still impressive in that match.

As did I. I had him down as MOTM until the penalty incident and subsequent goals being racked up.

Would be happy if Liverpool snapped him up this summer. The only thing is he plays LCB, the same side as VVD.

Man U lining up a bid for Maddison £45m plus Lingard they are having a laugh with that bid.

Leicester will want more than they got for Maguire and you can keep Lingard will be the reply.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Man U lining up a bid for Maddison £45m plus Lingard they are having a laugh with that bid.

Leicester will want more than they got for Maguire and you can keep Lingard will be the reply.

Is there anywhere besides Football365 reporting that? They always like to lead with the more ridiculous rumours.

Is there anywhere besides Football365 reporting that? They always like to lead with the more ridiculous rumours.

They were talking about it this morning on the Sunday Supplement, 5 Live and Talksport were both talking about it this morning as well.

All seem to think it will be turned down in this window with Man U told to come back with a better offer in the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement