Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is this the quietist January window ever?

Last January was the same.

Only badly organised teams scrambling for players.

Teams don't want to sell good players now either so it's just a few people desperate for game time on the move.

I thought we would see Emre Can move somewhere even on loan because he won't make the National squad for the Euros if not but no hint of it. Surely a few more in that boat with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1220724146411274248

Bench warmer at Inter, did okay at Hertha Berlin last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is this the quietist January window ever?

It's strange that for the worst premier league ever, no-one seems to want to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Eriksen to Inter is finally done. Clubs have agreed a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Eriksen to Inter is finally done. Clubs have agreed a deal.

Strange he'd go there when they're out of the CL.

Could have hung on til summer and pocketed a huge signing bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Liam O wrote: »
    Strange he'd go there when they're out of the CL.

Could have hung on til summer and pocketed a huge signing bonus

He'll still get his bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

JPA wrote: »
    He'll still get his bonus.

Less whatever Inter paid Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Inter applying a strict transfer criteria of anyone playing in the Premier League.

Sky reporting Eriksen could make £320K a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sky reporting Eriksen could make £320K a week

At inter?? Hardly!!

• Advertisement

I should have started my sentence "I can't believe it but..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Those figures must be in Italian lire cuz they couldn’t be in pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Not sure why people are surprised by the wages. What did he go for? Probably 1/4 or 1/5 of his value, it's why he can demand that wage. He's not a 320k a week player... Unless you get him for feck all.

Edit, I doubt very much it's 320k basic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

so maybe 50m for Haaland & Can. Superb business for Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is it one of those April Fools type days somewhere on le continent?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Would make sense tbh. After this season he will have won everything of note there is to win in the British leagues. He will also be 29 later this year so a spell with one of the Spanish or Italian giants is hardly that outlandish a concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Isn't this the guy who always leak the Liverpool line ups. Extremely reliable source.

Although you'd have to wonder about van dijk, he's a real case of the Jose's, can't stay in a location more than three years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is a very reliable source re team news, but I guess that is easier information to reliably obtain then transfer/contract deals and negotiations which are much more layered and complex with a lot of people keeping their cards close to their chests.

It’s difficult to believe Van Dijk is running around the dressing room talking about how he wants off to Juve, so it’s hard to imagine where the same source who gets team news would be getting this info.

Juve plan must be to buy all the PL players, surely they'll win the CL then. Ronnie didn't do it for them.

Have never read anything on the Internet that wasn't true, so, farewell Virgil the PL will miss you ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jesus Liverpool have a bad result and all the threads are alive! Getting a good run of it this evening :)

Juventus are known to have very bad finances currently. The owners (Agnelli family) had to do some wrangling earlier in the season with Jeep (also owned by Agnelli family) handing Juventus €30m for "good performances" in bonuses. While they were 2nd in the league.

Ronaldo's wages are insane and they are causing big losses for Juventus, in addition with Rabiot, Ramsey, Emre Can, Higuain, Bonucci, Dybala etc who are on big deals, especially the free transfer ones. Juventus were trying to offload Dybala on the summer because of their extravagant wage bill.

How will Juventus stump up €300,000k a week wages in addition to a €150m transfer fee for this transfer? Given their financial difficulties.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Jesus Liverpool have a bad result and all the threads are alive! Getting a good run of it this evening :)

Juventus are known to have very bad finances currently. The owners (Agnelli family) had to do some wrangling earlier in the season with Jeep (also owned by Agnelli family) handing Juventus €30m for "good performances" in bonuses. While they were 2nd in the league.

Ronaldo's wages are insane and they are causing big losses for Juventus, in addition with Rabiot, Ramsey, Emre Can, Higuain, Bonucci, Dybala etc who are on big deals, especially the free transfer ones. Juventus were trying to offload Dybala on the summer because of their extravagant wage bill.

How will Juventus stump up €300,000k a week wages in addition to a €150m transfer fee for this transfer? Given their financial difficulties.

United will buy Ronnie for €1bn, should sort Juve out, for the summer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I don’t really know why he’d want to leave Liverpool right now but this is the guy who said Rashford had that back injury a day or two before anybody else did. He must have some sort of connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I don’t really know why he’d want to leave Liverpool right now but this is the guy who said Rashford had that back injury a day or two before anybody else did. He must have some sort of connection.

Works with Opta I think I seen someone in the FF thread say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

A new challenge perhaps? The guy is entering his peak years as a professional, he will have won the CL and the PL with liverpool, there is no higher than he can go there. He isn't English and would have no more loyalty to lfc than 99% of professionals would have to their current clubs. He probably wont leave, as much to do with the fact he would cost well over £100,000,000 in transfer fee alone as anything but certainly a move wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

• I don’t really know why he’d want to leave Liverpool right now but this is the guy who said Rashford had that back injury a day or two before anybody else did. He must have some sort of connection.

In all seriousness that source has been bang on about alot of stuff recently, as triggered as some may get over it.

Not transfer related so sorry if off-topic but he also said recently Rashford is pretty much out for the season, which if true is damning evidence against the Utd medical staff and Ole.
    I actually think Pogba could have been right to get his own medical personal involved in his recent injury.

• Advertisement

• A new challenge perhaps? The guy is entering his peak years as a professional, he will have won the CL and the PL with liverpool, there is no higher than he can go there. He isn't English and would have no more loyalty to lfc than 99% of professionals would have to their current clubs. He probably wont leave, as much to do with the fact he would cost well over £100,000,000 in transfer fee alone as anything but certainly a move wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

What wages he currently on now? He could maneuver some absolutely colossal salary at a bigger club I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

A new challenge perhaps? The guy is entering his peak years as a professional, he will have won the CL and the PL with liverpool, there is no higher than he can go there. He isn't English and would have no more loyalty to lfc than 99% of professionals would have to their current clubs. He probably wont leave, as much to do with the fact he would cost well over £100,000,000 in transfer fee alone as anything but certainly a move wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

As I said last night, serious case of the Jose's
    2-3 in one place, gets itchy feet. Quietly agitates for a move.
    This guy has been set in about a lot of things recently so let's see how this progresses

• 8-10 wrote: »
    Or at Liverpool, which this leak might be designed to do

That's not the question I asked Jurgen tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That's not the question I asked Jurgen tbf

Sorry, deleted post

What wages he currently on now? He could maneuver some absolutely colossal salary at a bigger club I suspect.

They don't come any bigger than World Champions. A tournament which has taken on far more significance now we won it.
    VVD has moved on from a number of clubs during his career, if someone comes in with a crazy money offer there's not much we can do. If it is made up it's pretty desperate.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    They don't come any bigger than World Champions. A tournament which has taken on far more significance now we won it.
    VVD has moved on from a number of clubs during his career, if someone comes in with a crazy money offer there's not much we can do. If it is made up it's pretty desperate.

I've got nothing #4 post :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hey, if Juve or anyone else want to put down £150m+ they can have whoever they want and good luck to all parties involved!

Virgil is on just under £200k a week and under contract until the summer of 2025. So if someone wants him they’re going to have put down a truly record breaking bag of cash. So I’m very relaxed about whatever happens here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Juventus have no chance of winning the CL this season.

Ronaldo aside the team is unbalanced & lacking pace.

Seen them quite a few times a poor Juve side who will be pushed by Inter this year. Ronaldo aside the team is unbalanced & lacking pace.
    Serie A currently is quite weak so I this VVD rumour is of course false by a twitter itk looking for attention.

In all seriousness that source has been bang on about alot of stuff recently, as triggered as some may get over it.

What are all these things he has been "bang on" with?

How come this person knows so munch inside information about numerous clubs that he is giving it all away for free for FPL people? I doubt he is getting handed information about Liverpool transfer from Kenny Dalglish himself and also secretive information from Man United also. How is that possible.

It's a load of bull.

The deal is complicated further still by suggestions that Fernandes' contract includes a clause whereby his agent, Miguel Pinho, will receive 10 per cent or £4m, if Sporting receive a £42m offer for his player - even if the deal is not concluded.

some of these clauses are getting ridiculous. Not sure if this is true but it may explain why there's some delay getting the Fernandes deal through. The whole thing just smells of brinkmanship. There's no credible suggestion that anyone other than Utd are after him.
    Watch now as he signs for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The deal is complicated further still by suggestions that Fernandes' contract includes a clause whereby his agent, Miguel Pinho, will receive 10 per cent or £4m, if Sporting receive a £42m offer for his player - even if the deal is not concluded.

some of these clauses are getting ridiculous. Not sure if this is true but it may explain why there's some delay getting the Fernandes deal through. The whole thing just smells of brinkmanship. There's no credible suggestion that anyone other than Utd are after him.

I thought that was in his old contract. He signed a new one in the summer to remove those clauses.

I thought that was in his old contract. He signed a new one in the summer to remove those clauses.

Nah, the old one was that Fernandes himself would receive 5m if an offer of over, I think, €35m was rejected by Sporting. The new deal raised his release clause and removed the 5m add on, I'm sure there was a wage increase/bonus, etc. Hadn't heard of this agent clause until recently.

The only thing that's ridiculous in this whole "saga" is the Gazers and Woodward :mad:

Yet another pathetic attempt at penny pinching and inept transfer dealings from an accountant who thinks he's playing Fifa.

It'll be a disaster if the deal collapses but I can't see it, both sides want the deal to go through. It does kind of remind me how the Lyon President talked us out of buying Fekir. Well that and his alleged serious knee issues.

How come this person knows so munch inside information about numerous clubs that he is giving it all away for free for FPL people? I doubt he is getting handed information about Liverpool transfer from Kenny Dalglish himself and also secretive information from Man United also. How is that possible.

It's a load of bull.

Spot on.

Specific clubs may have specific journos that they share info with, but this All-Seeing Eye...absolute balderdash.

Astonishing that we've just entered the 2020s and people are still hooked in by chancers on Twitter.

It's a load of bull.

As suspected.

giphy.gif

It'll be a disaster if the deal collapses but I can't see it, both sides want the deal to go through. It does kind of remind me how the Lyon President talked us out of buying Fekir. Well that and his alleged serious knee issues.
    It might sneak through but it shouldn't be taking 27+ days of the transfer window to negotiate one player though.

And we need way more than one player.

It's such an amateur setup from a footballing perspective.
    The thing they care about the least I suppose is the football so it makes sense too.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The agents work for their players, so should be getting a cut of player wages, bonuses, signing on etc.

Getting a cut of the fees etc and have made it worse and more complicated. It's going to take a Bosman like ruling on how agents operate and facilitate and set standards fees for them.

It's seriously required to bring a bit of normality to it all.

I saw one of the super agent's clients (It may have been Haaland) transfers being held up as the buying club had to negotiate a multi million fee with the player's agent. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think the reason United pulled out of the Haaland deal was because the father was looking for a few million from it and although we are happy to give agents a slice of a deal (Pogba transfer for example) you have to draw the line somewhere.

Advertisement