Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tbf it's not really an argument nor do I want a willy waving contest comparing to Liverpool. No offense.

All I was pointing out was the figures were way off.

Lukaku alone was used to balance the purchase of Harry M. That's not true investment.

I haven't even spoke on how much money Glazers have taken out of the club and how the club debth is still a record high and it would give an even bigger indication how they are not investing in the club.

So United haven't spent close to €200m on players for Ole?

From my recollection Maguire was around £80m, AWB £50m, James £15m and now Bruno.

Are those figures wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Presumably 200m refers to AWB + Mcguire + James + Fernandes - Lukaku

55+80+15+60-73, so no it's about 150m

47m initially for Fernandes so no point sticking the Euro in there while the rest are in pounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Who's off with their figures?

You.

Liam O wrote: »
    You.

Can you show me where I'm wrong?

I'm referring to the figures from here

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1222559741198635008?s=19

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Who's off with their figures?

You are. Sporting published €55m plus €25m in add ons.

You are. Sporting published €55m plus €25m in add ons.

Read my post again. I said initial fee including the appearance bonus of €60m.

Can you show me where I'm wrong?

I'm referring to the figures from here

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1222559741198635008?s=19

No one knows what the appearance fees are, it could be 100 appearances or 50.. he more than likely will make that but there is also a possibility that he wont so you cant add that into the initial fee

Read my post again. I said initial fee including the appearance bonus of €60m.

Except there isn't an appearance bonus until he actually makes those appearances, so the fee is €55m.

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    So United haven't spent close to €200m on players for Ole?

From my recollection Maguire was around £80m, AWB £50m, James £15m and now Bruno.

Are those figures wrong?

You said 200 million has been invested in the squad for Ole

You are wrong by nearly 100 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1222577760733929477

Could do well there. At least he won't have to play with Suso.

Need to add on those loan fees we get too, also that 1.4m for young :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clauses are like Santa Claus only any good when you know they are made real.

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1222577760733929477

Could do well there. At least he won't have to play with Suso.

It's an interesting one, probably could have done well in the top half of the PL no bother. Surprised more werent in for him. Good deal for Hertha

More actual transfer news

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1222582892439752705

I don't get this deal, its not like Roma's squad is good :confused:

Except there isn't an appearance bonus until he actually makes those appearances, so the fee is €55m.

Yep like I said he should make those appearances unless something mad happens.

So €60m is most likely the price that will be payable.

I assume he's getting a 5 or 6 year contract and United have no plans to move him on before that €5m is triggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd must be the only club on here where the transfer fees are looked at under a microscope-and still got wrong.

I assume he's getting a 5 or 6 year contract and United have no plans to move him on before that €5m is triggered.

It doesn't matter if the add on is triggered after 5 games. He could get a career ending injury in game 4. Until he reaches the milestone, it's not part of the fee.

Apologies you are correct. I thought I had said spent.

Not off by a €100m though am I? Was the Lukaka fee £70m or €70m. You basically got back what ye originally paid for him?

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Apologies you are correct. I thought I had said spent.

Not off by a €100m though am I? Was the Lukaka fee £70m or €70m. You basically got back what ye originally paid for him?

75 and Bruno is only costing an initial 45

So yes 100+ million off

Anyway all sorted, no probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How many appearances does he have to make for that 5m to be payable?

• Advertisement

75 and Bruno is only costing an initial 45

So yes 100+ million off

Anyway all sorted, no probs

I think we're mixing up the currency's and that's where I got confused :pac:

yabadabado wrote: »
    How many appearances does he have to make for that 5m to be payable?

Usually they are reported between 50-100 appearances so you'd imagine they would be on a similar scale in this case.

Honestly can't see a situation where he doesn't play 200+ games for United. Who's going to keep him out of the team? Lingard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

So it could be anyone from 5 to 500,all guess work.

That 5m isnt guaranteed so no point including it until its payed.

€55m seems like a good deal for all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I suppose it can be said he is getting a billionty a week.

Suprised wages havent been factored into the signing.

yabadabado wrote: »
    So it could be anyone from 5 to 500,all guess work.

That 5m isnt guaranteed so no point including it until its payed.

€55m seems like a good deal for all concerned.

I honestly think it'll be a good deal even if it costs the full €80m. I think he has the potential to do very very well in the PL. Would have really liked him at Liverpool but he's probably best as an AM which Liverpool don't really play with so joining us was very unlikely.

Edit: I'll still enjoy watching him play.

Christ Wolves apparently willing to let Bennett leave before deadline. They'll have 16 senior players left......madness going on there.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I suppose it can be said he is getting a billionty a week.

Suprised wages havent been factored into the signing.

Actually surprised by the reported wages.. 75k a week with individual bonuses that could bring it up to 120k.

Good deal there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

pjohnson wrote: »
    Christ Wolves apparently willing to let Bennett leave before deadline. They'll have 16 senior players left......madness going on there.

Was there a falling out between him and Nuno? Because he went from being a mainstay in the team to just vanishing entirely.

It seems mad to cut the squad back so much - surely they've a few lined up to arrive?

Not much time to get it done, though.

Trigger wrote: »
    Actually surprised by the reported wages.. 75k a week with individual bonuses that could bring it up to 120k.

Good deal there

So 120k a week guaranteed some will say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Trigger wrote: »

Good deal there

I think Firminho had a salary heavily weighted towards bonuses at one point, not sure if this has changed.Bonus there is pretty decent 60% of base salary. If I was getting that I'd probably do some work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

What a weird little thread. Grown men arguing over figures that stock market companies spend on assets.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think Firminho had a salary heavily weighted towards bonuses at one point, not sure if this has changed.Bonus there is pretty decent 60% of base salary. If I was getting that I'd probably do some work

Fundimental issue we have at the club around wage levels. It's nice to see a player finally earning a much lower wage than the rest of the "stars"

I'm more confident Bruno will be hungry to perform unlike some of the overpaid players in the squad.

The reward bonuses gives that incentive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What a weird little thread. Grown men arguing over figures that stock market companies spend on assets.

you're making lots of assumptions there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

So would that make Utd the biggest spenders of the 2019/20 season. Villa have also had a huge spend without recouping anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭munster87

Usually they are reported between 50-100 appearances so you'd imagine they would be on a similar scale in this case.

Honestly can't see a situation where he doesn't play 200+ games for United. Who's going to keep him out of the team? Lingard?

Sure by the time he’s played enough games to trigger the appearance fee, United might have Lingard sold for 200m due to inflation and the unquestionable potential the young lad has.

munster87 wrote: »
    Sure by the time he’s played enough games to trigger the appearance fee, United might have Lingard sold for 200m due to inflation and the unquestionable potential the young lad has.

If Lingard goes for more than £20m they should build a statue to whoever brokers that deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hopefully United don't sign anyone else...

Surely try get someone in to cover the Rashford injury even if it's just a short term thing.

• Hopefully United don't sign anyone else...

Not likely

It took our Ed two transfer windows to get Bruno

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1222612427264679936?s=19

Suso gone to Sevilla on loan with option, that is an obligation under certain conditions.

Ricardo Rodriguez is going to PSV from Milan in a similar deal.

Clearing the decks of a poor squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

United will pay £75M for Bale, an offer which Real will grudgingly accept. 5 year contract matching his current 600k a year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

United will pay £75M for Bale, an offer which Real will grudgingly accept. 5 year contract matching his current 600k a year deal.

Something tells me Bale is on more than that a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,212 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You drinking?:D

Rojo's mum welcomed him back to Argentina so hes going on loan to Estudiantes.

Berge has been spotted in a Sheffield United tracksuit so he mustve finalised that contract.

Podence has said goodbye to Olympiakos on Instagram so he mustve agreed his move to Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Jesus the General Premier League thread is a train wreck with all the willy waving and now this thread is being ruined too.

The only readable threads on here these days are the non UK based ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Woles have landed yet another Portuguese player - Daniel Podence from Olympiacos for 17m on a four and half year deal. Not sure they needed another winger though.
    “Wolves are a team with a big project, with ambitious goals to look forward to, where I’ll get to meet former team-mates with whom I had the pleasure to play with in the past and I hope to be very successful here.”

Unsurprisingly, one of the main reasons he has joined Wolves is due to the considerable Portuguese contingent at the club. He added: “Of course, I spoke with Rui, but I also know Ruben, Jota and Moutinho very well. “I think that’s going to be a big help for me to adapt to English football, which is challenging. It’s really good to have well-known faces around.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ricardo Rodriguez is going to PSV from Milan in a similar deal.

Jaysus, what happened to Rodriguez? Was excellent a few years back. Would have thought he could definitely do a job for a few premier league teams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Jaysus, what happened to Rodriguez? Was excellent a few years back. Would have thought he could definitely do a job for a few premier league teams...

Like everyone else that joins Milan, everything went wrong...

It's hard to make an argument that any of the players who signed for them that summer did well: Bonucci, Silva, Conti, Calhanoglu, Biglia, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Kessie, Kalinic, Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very pleased with the signing of Bruno Fernandes. Still a massive amount of personnel changes needed in the team - and dugout - but it's an encouraging start. Delighted Rojo has departed too. One of the most frustrating signings I've ever witnessed at United.

Lyon today wrapped up the signing of Bruno Guimaraes for €20m. Arsenal reportedly were after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheff Utd sign Sander Berge. £25m

Really good signing for them. They are having a decent window.

https://twitter.com/SheffieldUnited/status/1222927456669036544?s=20

• Advertisement
Advertisement