Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People don't understand the Irish political system

Options
  • 06-12-2019 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I am taken aback by the amount of people here who complain that Varadkar isn't looking after the middle class while increasing the social welfare budget. Do you people not understand that FG are over 30 seats short of a majority? FG would love to slash income tax and bring in Tory style cuts to social welfare but FF and the rural independents would never allow it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sorry, they understand it completely, but either

(1) they want FF to be top dog, or
    (2) they want even more money spent on welfare, so they want someone else in

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

All that brainstorming at FG HQ and this is the best they have come with it.

"Reg on boards and start threads"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Bee Free wrote: »
    FG would love to slash income tax and bring in Tory style cuts to social welfare but FF and the rural independents would never allow it.

Until they publish that in their manifesto, they won't be seeing a majority anytime soon. Unless it's bull****, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Boggles wrote: »
    All that brainstorming at FG HQ and this is the best they have come with it.

"Reg on boards and start threads"

Take that to the Feedback Thread on FG bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭buried

I knew it was our fault. Even when it was politicians claiming for non existent "injuries" and civil servants buying printers that could print out a jumbo jet I knew it was our fault.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't understand politics, I don't know if it is because I am probably low IQ or if it is because I don't watch the news. I have no idea what the Northern Ireland election on 12th December is even for, I stopped voting anyway as I generally don't like humans and don't want to vote for people who wouldn't care less if I lived or died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Posters referring to Varadkar as an unelected Taoiseach is usually a good indicator that the post can be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bee Free wrote: »
    I am taken aback by the amount of people here who complain that Varadkar isn't looking after the middle class while increasing the social welfare budget. Do you people not understand that FG are over 30 seats short of a majority? FG would love to slash income tax and bring in Tory style cuts to social welfare but FF and the rural independents would never allow it.

That's complete bullsh*t my friend.

Or can you show any record of Varadkar looking to change policy only to be scuttled by Lowry et. al?

buried wrote: »
    I knew it was our fault. Even when it was politicians claiming for non existent "injuries" and civil servants buying printers that could print out a jumbo jet I knew it was our fault.

It's not that what they do or don't do makes matters worse, it's that you don't know how it works silly billy ;)

blanch152 wrote: »
    Take that to the Feedback Thread on FG bots.

Good point on topic..oh wait it's you Blanch. Never mind bollocks away.
    Thanks for proving the threads point though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,591 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Plenty of political threads already and OP has closed their account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement