Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights for door wreath

Options
  • 06-12-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

I have a gold wreath for my front door I would like some lights for it any recommendations?

I have warm white cluster lights on my Tree and my Garland so I would be looking for something that colour, I did try some battery lights from Woodies before but it didn't look right maybe I had the wrong amount of lights

What does everyone else use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

SarahLil wrote: »
    I have a gold wreath for my front door I would like some lights for it any recommendations?

I have warm white cluster lights on my Tree and my Garland so I would be looking for something that colour, I did try some battery lights from Woodies before but it didn't look right maybe I had the wrong amount of lights

What does everyone else use?

I was looking for something similar and in fact I picked up a very cheap set of white led in euro giant... I think the set only has 30 small bulbs and it looked fine.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lidl has little sets of warm white battery LEDs and they look great. I've those on the tiny tree in the hall and they're lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Be prepared to change the batteries a few times on the lights for the door wreath over Christmas. The cold causes them to fade. I cover the battery part in kitchen roll put the pack in a small ziplock bag and hide it well at the back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't be bothered to put lights on my wreath, I've enough batteries to change this month as it is! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Posy wrote: »
    I can't be bothered to put lights on my wreath, I've enough batteries to change this month as it is! :pac:

Well i’ve Just got the tree, fireplaces , and the Christmas wreath to put lights on :) And just the wreath needs batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Dunnes have copper wire led lights battery operated and would go well with the wreath as the wire would blend a bit with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks everyone another thing added to the list il check out the suggestions

Advertisement