Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some GPs & solicitors fuelling claims culture

Options
  • 07-12-2019 8:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Details have been revealed following an undercover investigation by the Independent into the claims industry and its had some telling findings.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-how-gps-and-lawyers-are-fuelling-our-claims-culture-38761900.html

I've no doubt in my mind that this practice occurs across the country and anecdotally I've been previously told that there are solicitors that have certain medical practitioners "on their books" and offer sweeteners for referrals. Hell, in every A & E department in the country there are flyers on notice boards for no win no fee legal firms so its naive to think it's not reaching / has reached epidemic levels.

The insurance industry has been hauled over the coals over the last number of years by all and sundry and has been used by politicians to raise their public profile. I wonder will the legal or medical fraternities suffer the same rubber glove treatment? Considering the reach both sectors have into the corridors of power I very much doubt it but it's a very welcome to see the spotlight shining on the murky elements of these groups that are supposed to be above reproach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's hardly news to anyone, but good to see it being exposed.

It's a racket that the law society has turned a blind eye to for many years and they are complicit in the fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Shock horror. The absolute b0ll0xol9gy of a response from the law society shows how much they actually care. Self regulation is no regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

No way am I linking to it, but the Irish times ran an article yesterday about how this is all a myth and almost all claimants are genuine and this is a class thing yadayada. It was a remarkable piece with selective facts being used to build a case whilst ignoring the elephant in the room. Disgraced by the IT, bravo indo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just leave this here.

IMG-20191205-111058.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Don't mention the war Jurgen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement