Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension or loft conversion?

Options
  • 07-12-2019 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Buying a bungalow and want to add a master bedroom including walk in wardrobe. Our options are to either build an extension or to convert the attic space. The height in the loft will be a problem so it may need a new roof with probably some additional blockwork to make the room 'habitable'. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this or which is likely to cost more? I know theres not much detail here for exact costs but just looking general advice, have no clue where to start.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Danniilong wrote: »
    Buying a bungalow and want to add a master bedroom including walk in wardrobe. Our options are to either build an extension or to convert the attic space. The height in the loft will be a problem so it may need a new roof with probably some additional blockwork to make the room 'habitable'. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this or which is likely to cost more? I know theres not much detail here for exact costs but just looking general advice, have no clue where to start.

Based on that info, I’d say a proper attic conversion will cost more than a small bedroom extension in your case.

*based on the info of roof off, raising walls and building new roof structure.

Advertisement