Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend 7/12 (Joshua v Ruiz II, Charlo v Hogan, Eubank v Korobov etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

banie01 wrote: »
    In that AJ controlled the ring, controlled the distance and dictated his fight on his terms?
    Yes, exactly what Sugar did v Haggler.

That said, neither AJ or Ruiz are on a skill level anywhere near Sugar or Stone hands but on a tactical level, AJ did exactly what he needed to do.

Stone hands was Duran don't ya mean marvelous Marvin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Jesus wept.

Horsesh1t. Gonna weep myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Stone hands was Duran don't ya mean marvelous Marvin..

My mistake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

He got hit hard by Briggs to be fair.
    Back In the day LL was known as a Boring Heavyweight but when he fought he was always up for it.
    AJ is a complete pussy by comparison.

I 100% expect Wilder to spark AJif they ever fight.

I’d love to watch prime LL fight these two tonight one after the other. Bunk beds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Trilogy fight suits Joshua. Doesn’t have to fight anybody else.
    Ruiz will turn up for the trilogy 22 stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Joshua - Usyk is the fight to make. Let Wilder-Fury II happen in the meantime. Usyk is Joshua's mandatory. It's perfect.

Guaranteed it's going to be Joshua-Pulev though I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

BDI wrote: »
    Trilogy fight suits Joshua. Doesn’t have to fight anybody else.
    Ruiz will turn up for the trilogy 22 stone.

Maybe the plan is to get so big AJ can't dance around him because he literally fills the ring.

selassie wrote: »
    Maybe the plan is to get so big AJ can't dance around him because he literally fills the ring.

Mexico's answer to Eric Esch, kidney bean

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mexico's answer to Eric Esch, kidney bean

Butterbean? :D

awec wrote: »

Yeah the Mexican version, great with a chilli con carne :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,646 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

awec wrote: »

Probably Pinto Bean.

Probably Pinto Bean.

Ah yeah that's the little bastards they put in my burritos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah the Mexican version, great with a chilli con carne :D

And AJ could be a runner bean :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

After watching that lads I reckon I could be the heavy weight champ of the world. Give me 6 months . I'll actually have a go . I'll even take a few steps forward in the "fight".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

dor843088 wrote: »
    After watching that lads I reckon I could be the heavy weight champ of the world. Give me 6 months . I'll actually have a go . I'll even take a few steps forward in the "fight".

Go ahead, we'll have the coffin ready for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

This heavyweight era is absolutely useless.
    Wilder will spark Joshua.
    Fury would absolutely school Ruiz.

But all of the above are nowhere near any greats.

Put Fury, Wilder, AJ or Ruiz against Foreman/Ali//Tyson/Lewis/Holyfield/Bowe and they get absolutely ruined.

I could see Fury competing very well with all of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Seems like they definitely gonna do the trilogy fight.

I'd prefer we moved on to Fury, as Wilder will keep ducking. It's possible Fury is ready to cash in his career but ce la vie

I'll bet you a hundred quid the rematch wont happen. More. There wont be a trilogy.

They wont risk AJ losing again unless its against Wilder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Maybe v Ali. The rest I think are too strong! Too aggressive...and all hitting heavy enough to KO Fury!

blade1 wrote: »
    Go ahead, we'll have the coffin ready for you.

What do you mean ? If I cant box I'll just run like a bitch for 12 rounds . Probably get a decision. These lads fought for 12 rounds and not a mark on either of them. Boxing is the softest form of combat sport there is. Bit of argy bargy with pillows on the end of your hands. 6 months anyones a pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dor843088 wrote: »
    What do you mean ? If I cant box I'll just run like a bitch for 12 rounds . Probably get a decision. These lads fought for 12 rounds and not a mark on either of them. Boxing is the softest form of combat sport there is. Bit of argy bargy with pillows on the end of your hands. 6 months anyones a pro.

It’s one instance...

Other than this, the sport is generally D most brutal, gruelling and physically demanding activities in history!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Kirby wrote: »
    I'll bet you a hundred quid the rematch wont happen. More. There wont be a trilogy.

They wont risk AJ losing again unless its against Wilder.

Comes down to money really, I don't think they will have seen anything from that fight to worry them. They now have also seen that AJ can stick to the game plan and last the pace for 12 constantly sticking and moving.

If Wilder or Fury don't come in with a serious package for team AJ I think its a no brainer for them, as much as I find it unnecessary because barring AJ losing the plot, or getting caught flush which is always a possibility of course I don't see what Ruiz can do to stop him winning a very wide points decision again.

I say this as someone who had plenty of questions about whether AJ could stick to the gameplan and not get drawn in.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

walshb wrote: »
    It’s one instance...

Other than this, the sport is generally D most brutal, gruelling and physically demanding activities in history!!!

He probably watched Yoga Paul vs Krs one and this fight and has his mind made up I wouldn't bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He probably watched Yoga Paul vs Krs one and this fight and has his mind made up I wouldn't bother

That was a better fight than tonight’s :pac:

walshb wrote: »
    It’s one instance...

Eh floyd Mayweather the best ever ? It used to be the above. The sport has been pussified by allowing boxers to move backwards the whole "fight" and win. Old school boxing was a real tough game. Now it most certainly is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Not against guys his own size liks Lewis or Vitali who are not gun shy, they'd make easy work of him

A younger Wlad definitely had the tools to beat him too

Fury doesn't have power to keep them back

Wilder with even half the skills of LL would finish him early

Think AJ beats him too, but Wilder hurts AJ bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

I don't see what Ruiz can do to stop him winning a very wide points decision again.

Losing 3 stone

Will be a rematch alright

Fury or Wilder won't happen

Wlad might come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Reminded me of Haye Valuev although that fight had a bit more action at the end.

Can’t respect Josua till i’ve seen a Wilder or Fury fight. No excuses to take on anyone else now

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

After this fight I am convinced Fury would destroy Joshua. How can you call yourself the boxing champ having landed 15 punches. It is actually a bit embarrassing.

I will have more of a battle tackling the kebab home after pints tonight than that fight. HW boxing gone to sh**.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

They were lucky that the fight didn’t get cancelled due to thunderstorms and rain, bad idea to use an outdoor stadium in the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Losing 3 stone

Will be a rematch alright

Fury or Wilder won't happen

Wlad might come back

I don't think losing that much weight would be an advantage to Ruiz but yes he certainly should have not been coming in heavier than the first fight. According to Freddie his punch resistance isn't as good when he is lighter however. I don't see it anyway, he has to drag AJ into a brawl, basically a punchers chance to beat him as every hitter would have at heavyweight I guess. Joshua has shown now he can stick to the plan, box outside and move all night.

I think at some point Fury might happen alright, huge money. Battle of Britain, may even top Froch/Groves ;) Wilder, I don't think he wants any of it and will continue to duck AJ. He could surprise me but I don't see him clamouring for the fight anyway.

I mentioned before that I think Wlad would have swooped in if AJ didn't complete this comeback and reclaim the belts. Wlad would have dealt with Ruiz quite easily too I think. Leaned on him, spoiled and jabbed his way there.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement