Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 07-12-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I was banned from Politics on 29/07 from Ancapailldorcha the ban was lifted 29/08 . I posted once in late November and now he has given me a permanent ban for posting there again . I did not even realise I was posting in Politics .When a ban is lifted surely one is allowed to post there .
    I have tried to resolve this with him but he refuses .

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would just like to clarify one thing before this appeal progresses, as it may help avoid unnecessary work for the CMods, and will hopefully also clarify something for you. I have not looked at any of the relevant posts but have had a look at the ban messages

The ban message states very clearly that you were banned from posting in a particular thread and you were banned from the forum for ignoring that threadban. Your initial forum ban in July was for similarly ignoring that threadban.

Do you acknowledge the mods had banned you from posting in a specific thread but you posted there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Beasty wrote: »
    I would just like to clarify one thing before this appeal progresses, as it may help avoid unnecessary work for the CMods, and will hopefully also clarify something for you. I have not looked at any of the relevant posts but have had a look at the ban messages

The ban message states very clearly that you were banned from posting in a particular thread and you were banned from the forum for ignoring that threadban. Your initial forum ban in July was for similarly ignoring that threadban.

Do you acknowledge the mods had banned you from posting in a specific thread but you posted there anyway?

I got a ban for posting again in the thread in July . The ban was lifted in August so one would assume I could have posted again .In any case I did not keep record of this thread ban as it happened back in July . The posts were not offensive . You can see from my posts I rarely use this site .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The threadban was permanent. The forum ban was for ignoring the threadban. The expiry of the forum ban does not affect the threadban. That's why I was trying to clarify things for your benefit before getting a CMod involved

Do you wish to continue with this appeal? - if so I will alert the CMods

Beasty wrote: »
    The threadban was permanent. The forum ban was for ignoring the threadban. The expiry of the forum ban does not affect the threadban. That's why I was trying to clarify things for your benefit before getting a CMod involved

Do you wish to continue with this appeal? - if so I will alert the CMods

He said I was banned permanently from Politics in a message 5/12 and I cannot access the forum. I had not used the site for months and accidently posted in the thread with the permanent ban . The access to the thread should be limited in that case .Yes I wish to appeal .

Very well, I will alert the CMods to this thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi, I’ll look into this for you.

Can you please forward all of the pms between you and the moderators where you attempted to resolve the issue before starting a DRP?

Messages from me to moderator with his replies
    rgossip30 wrote:
    That was months ago how am I supposed to remember . I thought it was possible to limit posting on such threads .
    rgossip30 wrote:
    You've violated that threadban numerous times and have had numerous sanctions as a result.

Upheld.
    The ban was lifted in August !!
    rgossip30 wrote:
    From the forum. The thread ban remains in place. This is your fourth sanction for violating it.

Limit my access to the forum then .
    rgossip30 wrote:
    This is not possible.

You've been sanctioned multiple times for violating this threadban so this is the only way to enforce it.

I will not reply to any further PM's as I believe that I have made myself clear.
    All my recent posts are in social affairs /current affairs not political .?
    rgossip30 wrote:
    This is not possible.

You've been sanctioned multiple times for violating this threadban so this is the only way to enforce it.

I will not reply to any further PM's as I believe that I have made myself clear.

You need to show what exact threads I am banned .

Thanks. I will look into this and get back to you.

Hi,

Firstly, I notice that, in your opening post, you said:
    rgossip30 wrote: »
    I did not even realise I was posting in Politics

But in the PMs you posted, you acknowledged that you knew you were posting in Politics but forgot about the threadban. So which one is it?

Secondly, you have received 13 mod actions in the Politics forum alone since 2014. On 20-02-2019 you were given a warning and told not to post on the Muslim Migration thread again. On 04/03/2019, you were given an infraction for ignoring that threadban and warning. You were then banned for 3 days on 23/03/2019 for violating that threadban again, and then given a further one month ban on 29/07/2019 for the same reason.

Given your history, I'm afraid I simply cannot believe that you either "didn't realise" you were posting in Politics, or that you "forgot" about the threadban which had earned you numerous sanctions. Even if the above were true and you struggle to retain the information, the responsibility lies on you to ensure that you make a note of the information somewhere. The moderators cannot take responsibility for forgetfulness.

In this instance, I am upholding the moderator decision.

If you disagree with this decision, you may request an Admin review the case.

Advertisement