Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with mechanic

Options
  • 07-12-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭

I took my car to get the DPF regenerated, I was told it would be around a 100 and I said grand. I asked that if it's a more serious issue to ring first as I don't want to pump money into to the car. He said grand and he'd let me know if it was a more serious issue.

I rang the next day and said they were looking at it then and would let me know

They rang me later and told me they ended up doing a lot more work and it would cost 500.

Im just wondering if this is normal practice for mechanics to plough ahead and not let the customer know first? I'm a bit annoyed as it's a shed load of money this close to Christmas

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What work are they doing?
    Had they already started this additional work when they told you about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What work are they doing?
    Had they already started this additional work when they told you about it?

It was related to the initial issue, they did the regeneration but had to do a few more bits after, they didn't say anything until they rang that the car was ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Sounds very similar to something else I read on boards...... oh, wait..
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058036793

Advertisement