Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant HD2400 - Need some hand holding please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

OK I think I have spotted what you need to do go to autobouquetsmaker clcik ok, then clcik on providers and wait, for freesat uk say yes use right arrow then its no, yes yes yes yes yes no no no, green button, now run it again.

fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

swoofer wrote: »
    OK I think I have spotted what you need to do go to autobouquetsmaker clcik ok, then clcik on providers and wait, for freesat uk say yes use right arrow then its no, yes yes yes yes yes no no no, green button, now run it again.

fingers crossed

OK, did that for both FreeSat UK and Saorview and ended up with a lot more Bouquet folders over two screens but none called "Favourites".

IMG201912122046401576183749.jpg

IMG201912122046591576183782.jpg

I think I might have sussed it. In configuring ABM I chose the option to "NOT" keep non ABM bouquets. Could that be why a "Favourites" Bouquet isn't being listed as it's not an AMB bouquet?

Edit: Yep, that's it. I changed the setting to keep non ABM bouquets, re-ran the scan and now there's a Favourites folder (as well as a "Last Scanned" folder) when I follow your instructions above.

Apologies :o

Now you are in business and you can play to your hearts content and you can hide bouquets you dont want. NB what you dont want is that autob running daily, the idea behind it is when channel frequencies chnage then they are picked up BUT the ruin any chnages you may make. This next bit is what you can do with remote. And it works laods of ways, you can move channels, deltet channels, rename channels, move bouquets etc. So have favourites onscreen, hit menu and see the menu, hit red button, you are now in move mode, press ok and banner changes place, press ok and its moved. NB you must exit to get out of move mode. It will become clear as you try.

While on a channel arrow up and you should be in a bouquet and list of channels, menu and you have a bigger menu, have a read and it should be easy. This is where you can create a bouquets say any name you like ... MOST WATCHED and then you can add all the channels ie saorview and satellite.

The image has a history zap button as well that can be useful. Its the 2 arrows above the colour buttons so if you open a few channels hit arrow and it will show last watched.

When screen is clear press the colour buttons and they have functions . Try them and use 2 presses on blue for PIP. You may already know this.

Now you go to dreambox edit and you can play to your hearts content, you log into box and then download the channel list, it will be obivious.

And finally you must now make a backup and do so regularly, go menu setuo vix backup manager new, green.
    Lastly you can fit an SSD expensive but very fast, I have one, or the correct hdd that is 5400rpm and especially for pvr.

To learn more look at the thread about cost effective it has loads of tips.

enjoy I can tell you no more for a while.

ps ignore all the typos watching tv

Now you are in business and you can play to your hearts content and you can hide bouquets you dont want. NB what you dont want is that autob running daily, the idea behind it is when channel frequencies chnage then they are picked up BUT the ruin any chnages you may make. This next bit is what you can do with remote. And it works laods of ways, you can move channels, deltet channels, rename channels, move bouquets etc. So have favourites onscreen, hit menu and see the menu, hit red button, you are now in move mode, press ok and banner changes place, press ok and its moved. NB you must exit to get out of move mode. It will become clear as you try.

While on a channel arrow up and you should be in a bouquet and list of channels, menu and you have a bigger menu, have a read and it should be easy. This is where you can create a bouquets say any name you like ... MOST WATCHED and then you can add all the channels ie saorview and satellite.

The image has a history zap button as well that can be useful. Its the 2 arrows above the colour buttons so if you open a few channels hit arrow and it will show last watched.

When screen is clear press the colour buttons and they have functions . Try them and use 2 presses on blue for PIP. You may already know this.

Now you go to dreambox edit and you can play to your hearts content, you log into box and then download the channel list, it will be obivious.

And finally you must now make a backup and do so regularly, go menu setuo vix backup manager new, green.
    Lastly you can fit an SSD expensive but very fast, I have one, or the correct hdd that is 5400rpm and especially for pvr.

To learn more look at the thread about cost effective it has loads of tips.

enjoy I can tell you no more for a while.

ps ignore all the typos watching tv

Thanks swoofer, I'll have a play and likely not spend too much more time tonight but over the weekend I'll see if I get it set up how I want.

You've been a great help getting me on the right road, I really appreciate it.

• Advertisement

So before I go putting on the bells and whistles of setting up favourite bouquets, 7 day EPG, picons etc I need to address a couple of fundamental issues first:-

1. The 1TB HDD isn't working. I can't rewind or fast forward live TV and when I go into the PVR function the box just hangs as it searches and never finds the stored recordings. If I have to get a new HDD would an SSD be the way to go and if so would something like this 1TB SSD for £81 do the trick? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-BX500-CT1000BX500SSD1-Internal-NAND/dp/B07YD579WM/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=1tb+internal+ssd&qid=1576227321&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-5

2. I'm getting confusing messages from the box ref internet access. When I run the LAN connection network test it passes with flying colours with all boxes ticked but when I go to do something which requires internet access like a software update I get an error message saying there is no internet access.

3. I don't think I've correctly configured by 2 X DVB-T2 tuners. I went through the set up process and thought it all went well as the scan showed all the Saorview channels and they are listed in the Bouquet etc but when I try to view any of the Saorview channels I just get a blank screen and there's no EPG info for them either. Tuners A & B are the DVB-T2 tuners and this is how Tuner A currently looks:-

IMG201912130745301576227943.jpg

IMG201912130743461576228027.jpg

I assume I've done something silly in the DVB-T2 set up but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is.

1. Thats a good price for ssd and its ok.

2. the tuners you need to change last entries off, and no, save. the 5v is for a masthead amp.

3. network you are hooked to router but is internet ok, how fast is your bb. what is the router model who are you with, check this menu inforamtion, about do a screnshot, then go to network on same menu, dont do screenshot on that one but it will show if you were connected, do you use a static ip for box.

1. Thats a good price for ssd and its ok.

Thanks and it will have a compatible connector? (Not sure what connection the box has.)
    2. the tuners you need to change last entries off, and no, save. the 5v is for a masthead amp.
    OK, I'll give that a go. Must figure out a way to make smaller screen shots, my phone is set to some huge pixel rate :o
    3. network you are hooked to router but is internet ok, how fast is your bb.

Not sure why it's seen as "IFFU" but it's a static IP address and is hooked up to an Asus RT-N66U being fed 400MB fibre from Virgin Media.

Sat-Box-Entry-on-the-RTN66U-Router1576241229.png

did you check that bit in about to see if you were connected, the screnshot I wanted was the box details to check a date, check this menu inforamation, about do a screenshot, then go to network on same menu, dont do screenshot on that one but it will show if you were connected, Dont worry about the IFFU bit you can change that to Mutant.

By the way dont do too much messing as this is a new image.
    i'm a bit busy so rushing,

check this menu inforamtion, about do a screnshot

10191B1F802211A0000000201912141155261576324620.jpg
    then go to network on same menu, dont do screenshot on that one but it will show if you were connected, do you use a static ip for box.

Yes, it shows as connected but when I try to do anything which requires internet access like updating the software it says I'm not connected to the internet.

Test-21576325343.jpg
    do you use a static ip for box.

Yes

• Advertisement

Try this, go to network and change it to dhcp and restart, the go to plugins and press GREEN and see what happens if it downloads you are OK. You can then check IP in box and say no to dhcp and restart.

Report back.

Try this, go to network and change it to dhcp and restart, the go to plugins and press GREEN and see what happens if it downloads you are OK.

Did that and whilst it still passes the network test with all green ticks it still returns an offline error when I try to download plugins :confused:
    You can then check IP in box and say no to dhcp and restart.

Report back.

No joy so far I'm afraid but I'll figure it out. Might be something on my router. I'll have a root around and hopefully some trial and error will sort it.

Hi Swoofer and Happy Christmas / New Year given the limbo date that's in it.

So after much trial and error I finally found what was causing the problem with the box passing the LAN test but still getting error messages about being offline when trying to download plugins. (It was a setting on my router).

That's now all sorted and in addition I've replaced the old 500MB HDd with a 1TB SSD which I've initialized etc and tested by recording a program successfully.

Now it's time to get the box tweaked so that I have a combined Saorview and Freesat 7 day EPG, One button "Series" recording function and timeshift working.

I'd also like to configure the e2m3u2bouquet plugin so that I can blend IPTV channels into the combined Saorview/Freesat EPG.

Are you (or anyone else) up for helping me finish rescuing this box from it's near death experience a few weeks ago?

You are well on your way. I use dreambox edit to combine saorview and freesat.

for the rest of your queries I only use autotimer, not bothered with a series recording function, for iptv etc you are best going to the openvix support forum and have a good look round and a lot of reading. Its probably all possible. And someone on here may have more to add.

NB I hope you took a backup.

Happy new year.

You are well on your way. I use dreambox edit to combine saorview and freesat.

for the rest of your queries I only use autotimer, not bothered with a series recording function, for iptv etc you are best going to the openvix support forum and have a good look round and a lot of reading. Its probably all possible. And someone on here may have more to add.

NB I hope you took a backup.

Happy new year.

Top stuff Swoofer, I appreciate it.

Happy New Year to you too.

Advertisement