Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPC issues enforcement notice.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Oh look another FG thread.

Hope the money is good for the work out in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is most interesting about that article is that the DPC took three months to issue the enforcement notice, were they unsure of their legal grounds?

blanch152 wrote: »
    What is most interesting about that article is that the DPC took three months to issue the enforcement notice, were they unsure of their legal grounds?

Perhaps they were just giving the Department time to comply with them. I presume that's the first port of call is to give a company time to rectify the situation and put in place measures to prevent it ever happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »

Either giving Regina Doherty a chance to adhere to their earlier findings, and let her get her house in order,

Or making sure they had all the ts crossed and the i's dotted, which had Doherty done, her and her department might not be in the situation they're now in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Oh look another FG thread.

Hope the money is good for the work out in.

Have a full-time job that I enjoy thanks. Highlighting the behaviour of FG is something I willingly do for free. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The PSC is definitely overreaching, I claim no Public Services but was required to get one to get a passport, this was a needless encroachment on myself and my data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

FG will fight this in the court - and it will probably go all the way to Europe - where I suspect the data commissioner's order will likely be upheld. By this time all those involved with the cards creation will no longer be in the same job and it will be up to a different government's job to scrap it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

FG will fight this in the court - and it will probably go all the way to Europe, where I suspect the data commissioner's order will likely be upheld. By this time all those involved with the cards creation will no longer be in the same job and it will be up to a different government's job to scrap it.

I suspect you are correct.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FG will fight this in the court - and it will probably go all the way to Europe - where I suspect the data commissioner's order will likely be upheld. By this time all those involved with the cards creation will no longer be in the same job and it will be up to a different government's job to scrap it.

Yep, that's exactly how it will play out.

Its much easier in this country to ask for forgiveness than permission... As the wheels of enforcement move so slowly

Advertisement