Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Has anyone noticed when topping up, say you put 50EUR onto your Revolut balance, its not adding 50EUR from bank account, its bringing it upto 50EUR, ie if you had 25EUR already on your balance, it brings it to 50EUR balance, even though you input to add 50EUR to your balance?

Happened me twice now in the past few minutes, bit strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

So I have different currencies in my Revoult account including Euro and GBP.

Can someone in the UK with a UK bank account transfer GBP directly to my Revoult GBP account without having to send it through SWIFT and convert to EURO and would this be all the info they need:

Beneficiary: me

Account: 12345678

Sort code: 04-00-75

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yes. That’s all they need. I used to get paid by an English firm that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Thanks so much for your quick reply. This will save them having to convert to Euro and I always need sterling to pay for things on Amazon.

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Anyone paying into Revolut seeing delays?

Put money from credit union in and two days later still not there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Did a transfer myself end of last week from the CU Thursday afternoon and it was there Friday morning.

They did say they were having trouble with transfers over the weekend but seemingly all resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭crinkley

Currently working for a UK company and get paid into revolut no problem, about to start a short contract in Ireland and would prefer to get paid into revolut than go to the hassle of setting up a traditional bank account for 6 pay cheques, but the trouble I have had with Irish companies to accept revolut for direct debits I'm wondering if it may be an issue, anyone get their wages paid into revolut?

Yeah the next day would be the norm, even mid morning

I must get onto live chat so to see, thanks

Got onto them and 5 minutes later the money from saturday and this morning arrived

Post edited by jeffk on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hi,

My wife has an annoying issue with revolut. When she has buying something on her mobile, using Chrome, she is asked to authorise so goes into the revolt app (using notification) and then authorises but when she goes back to Chrome the payment details are gone and she had to start

She got a new phone upgraded from a Xiaomi rednmi 4x to a Poco M3 pro 5g. I've no idea what's going on. I do exactly what works on my own phone and get the issue when I use hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Customers in Germany are now getting moved to Revolut Bank.

So hopefully Ireland is next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I wouldnt trust Revolut with medium to large amounts of money.

There are far too many horror stories of accounts being locked, normal banks do not behave like that.

Fine for topping up with small amounts and using for day to day purchases but no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

Hi, if anyone can help it'd be great. I'm trying to open revolut for first time, however when I downloaded app, it saying my email is already recognised and to log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Do a forgotten Password retrieval and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

Thanks for the reply,

I tried forgot password, and it asks for my phone number, then pops up my phone number is not recognised, which would be right as I haven't set it up before? I can't see how to contact them unless you have it set up through the app. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/eBaQTFWIVgGy7fidX0kaegsw4zhKM-BjriMN0Mau6dGYRRo60eZwHWuQdrDA71bhbF1Hb-Bl8EcIOh3i=s0-d-e1-ft#https://assets.revolut.com/email/logo.png There was an error displaying this embed.

I just got an email from Revolut, don't know if it's genuine, anyone else get the same?.........

"There's some info missing from your account

This is a regulatory requirement that we need to follow

Hi *******,

It's important to make sure your information is filled in, correct and up-to date. It looks like some of your details are missing, specifically the 'Account Purpose' section.

We're required by regulation to collect your reasons for using Revolut.

We just need you to fill this in so we can make sure you continue to have full access to Revolut."

• Registered Users Posts: 82,561 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes got that too via email and through the app, I recall being asked it before last year or the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm not being asked for anything in the App. There's no "account purpose section" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BooShank

I got email too and cannot find referenced section in app.

Certainly not planning to click on email link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Buffman

Ye, got it and had a look, clicking the notification brought me to a page in the app that read more like a customer survey than anything legal. I was busy so didn't bother selecting any with the intention of looking at it again, but now can't find it in the app. As with most stuff they send me it's gone in the 'ignore' pile for now.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

I tried to submit it but when I click one of the options in the app it juts redirects to the home screen. Got onto help there and they suggested re-installing the app and trying to submit it again 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Sounds like they're definitely trying to become a proper bank, so, and are therefore making their customer service as **** as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just wondering if anyone knows is Revolut safe for accepting payment on an online sale? Have a buyer on Donedeal who wants to pay me via Revolut before I post the item. Once they send me the money is there any way they can reverse the transaction after I have shipped the item, ie like telling Revolut they made a mistake and sent it to the wrong account or some other excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I came on here to ask this. Suspicious that I didn't get it in the app. I also am not clicking anything just yet. I'll follow here for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Email this morning asking me to confirm what I use revelout for. Backed up with an app notification, clicking the link on my phone gave me the option to continue in Chrome or the app (android) clicked the app, the official app launched, fingerprint log in and answer the question. Straightforward enough. Nothing looks out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes!

It is launching Revolut Bank https://www.thejournal.ie/revolut-loans-banking-services-5670229-Feb2022/

“We are delighted to launch Revolut Bank in Ireland, offering Irish consumers more competition and innovation.  “Customers can now register their interest in a Revolut Personal loan, and we look forward to delivering more innovative products this year.”  

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

No because this is using their Lithuanian Bank License.

Revolut had applied for an Irish E-Money license, but it took nearly 2 years to get it and while they have it now, they have decided no longer to use it.

And their plans to get a full bank license in Ireland appear to also dead.

This migration from e-money license to bank license is also not unique to Ireland, they have just recently done this in other european markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

This is brilliant news and I can see a lot of people jumping ship.

• Advertisement

So Irish IBAN incoming?

Also can stop having low amounts and treat it like N26 re security?

Advertisement