Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

That test payment was just refunded into my Revolut account. It says

"Completed· A technical error occurred during processing. Please try again later"

If anyone contacts AIB could they post back what they say? As I mentioned above, last time I contacted them about this in relation to my Bunq account they wouldn't even investigate why the payments where being reverted.

They said to me that it is a Revolut problem, despite confirming that multiple AIB customers have this problem.

That's nice. Did you try and test it since?

Assuming they're just saying that and it is an AIB problem hopefully there's more chance of it being sorted because Revolut is a lot more popular than Bunq.

I was going to just not use the AIB credit card until it's sorted but noticed today that the government stamp duty was applied to it so I'll have to pay that off. I've an unused N26 account that I know definitely works for payments if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I rang AIB card services today and they informed me its most definitely an issue on Revolut's end.

I informed Revolut in their chat facility and they say they have now remedied the problem and attempt transfer again. I just have and will let you know tomorrow if it has been succesful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

A receiving bank can't investigate a transaction that did not arrive.... we can't have people going on fishing expeditions and to provide that level of service would mean staff would be able to access private and commercial data way outside the scope of their business. The public would be queue to protest at their data being available that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Revolut Bank is now making US Local Account Details available (for selected customers).

Revolut UK customers had this for a while.

Some users will see that their US Dollar Wallet now has local US account/aba routing number available in addition to the IBAN.

However, there seems to be a cost associated, it looks like 10$.

Way more expensive than Wise if that is true.

I guess there will be a Waiting List soon.

It does arrive though. It's a standard bank transfer. AIB get the bank transfer, inspect it, decide that it doesn't meet their rules, and send it back. It's their problem, their rules.

Revolut just told me on chat that it isn't yet sorted, which isn't reassuring. If you do manage to get through, please post details of which IBAN you use.

• Advertisement

Moving to Revolut is now easier as Revolut now also supports the Irish Switching Code and it's all digital:

Terms are link are here: Account Switching - Ireland | Revolut IE

There are 2 Services under this

Automated PSD2 Account Switching Service which is using your existing online banking (via open banking) to find relevant data and the traditional regulated switching service with a form.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hope they do better than legacy banks for changing ...the switching code etc is a joke with no enforcement when it falls over.

I long for the day I can apply for a Revolut joint account and/or joint account :(

The Automated PSD2 Account Switching Service might be a good way as it does not require the old bank to provide data to Revolut Bank UAB as it's all automatically if your bank account supports open banking.

As to your wait for joint account, hopefully whatever criteria Revolut is using these days to get people of the large amount of wait lists for new feature will be reached by yourself soon so you can enjoy the joint account.

In the example I was talking about above, the payments were received by AIB as a standard SEPA payment. AIB rejected them or returned the funds.

Not being smart but how else could I fix this if I wanted to try? As far as Bunq were concerned they sent the payment and I presume there's nothing more they could do from their end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I had trouble adding money front AIB to my Revolut account before.

Now I send it from my Curve card with AIB card selected on that app if that helps anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭suave.4u

that too is not working.

I read on Reditt that there is a max daily cap of EUR 200 if you are topping up from AIB to Revolut.

I tested it out and I was able to top up only Eur 200; all subsequent top ups failed.

Not sure if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Just chatting to Revolut chat support and they are aware of a topup issue with AIB and the Irish IBAN but not with sending money to AIB. Second line support isn't available until 7am CET.

Last week the international AIB Platinum IBAN (IEXXXXX) worked to send money to before I got my new Irish Revolut IBAN. I got a bounce on a payment since so I assumed OK maybe I need to use the domestic AIB Platinum IBAN (IEXXX) now that the payment source is an Irish account.

I have 2 test payments going to both as of 15mins ago and will see what happens, I will also talk to revolut in morning.

Has anyone else had any luck paying their credit card or getting any info from AIB/Revolut? I have a backup N26 that can pay into the international iban in mean time I guess...

And yes I am using the card number as the reference as I have done for years now so its not a case of having the reference wrong / missing. At least not from what I am inputting (doesn't mean that's what revolut is actually sending in a backround now of course)

MOD

Do not post IBAN or personal details

Post edited by Jim2007 on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

For what its worth, I was switched to an IE IBAN last week, successfully paid money to my BOI credit card using the same bank details as I've always used.

If the money arrives at AIB and they rejected it, then:

• There is nothing more Bunq can do
    • The SEPA process is executing correctly
    • AIB absolutely know exactly why it was rejected

I assume it’s some internal check AIB are doing that is blowing up and only they can fix it. Only lots of customer complaints will motivate them to sort it out.

Mine was rejected it again there, I suspect AIB are being awkward with the disrupter that is Revolut.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's uncompetitive behaviour as the root cause, log a formal complaint with AIB if you are sure that they actually rejected it.

Either the reference and sendername is not shown in a way that their system can process, or they do review the payment manually and don't like to accept it for their own internal logic.

Or maybe it's a simple as they are unable to process it automatically because their system is unable to convert the sending IBAN into the old Irish format to be processed as an Irish transfer.

Giving how they clearly have 2 different accounts for Irish transfers and SEPA transfers there must be a significant difference in the way these payments are processed. I suspect that they can't deal with the new NSC that is Revolut because they can not validate the sending accout as a real Irish account and hence reject it.

Only a formal complaint might address it because you can go to the regular afterwards.

Yes, please so submit your formal complaint to AIB, using the complaint form that requires you to enter sort code and account number, even though the entire banking system switched away from sort codes many years ago. Maybe no one told the AIB complaints team.

https://aib.ie/personal-forms/complaint-form

The complaints form also requires you to click to confirm that they can process your special category data, even though you didn’t give any such data.

Where do I submit my complaint about the complaints form?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

I was on to AiB yesterday and they asked me for a "tracer number" (yes correct spelling) so they could try to track from their end. I asked Revolut but they haven't sent yet.

Is tracer number an actual thing?

Never mistake incompetence with a strategy! The reality is these days that everything is done on a shoe string and the first thing that gets cut is testing - they'll test the top couple of interfaces and hope the rest works. Testing is basically being outsourced to the customer for free (of course it's not free if you PO enough customers).

"Thank you for patiently waiting. As per our transfer team. I'm afraid that the transfer was refunded by the beneficiary bank not in our end. The advice is to try again after 1 hour. If still the transfer did not go through, please contact the beneficiary bank due to your transfer to them bounced back to your Revolut account. As you can see that transfer that you sent completed. It means that it was successfully sent. However, it keeps returning back to your account."

Latest response from Revolut support, to be honest I believe them more than AIB. The Revolut app shows as sent so Id say AIB are bouncing it back on some pedantic detail.

Just givin AIB hell on Twitter here, wish me luck. 😂

Ask Revolut for the return code/reason that AIB provided.

I'm open to correction but if a payment is returned AIB needs to provide a return code/reason which should provide at least some clarity.

"I'm afraid that the reason is not visible in our system. My apologies."

Revolut response,something rotten in the state of AIB i think.

• Advertisement

Here’s the reason for rejecting that I got

Reference is the full 16 digit card number, same as before

Advertisement