Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

1 euro = 0.89 gbp
    1 euro = 7.04 turkish lira

great time to stock up GBP or any other currency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Hi I'm trying to reverify identity on the app but the on screen button for the selfie does nothing when I press on it

Any ideas and there doesn't seem to be an option to contact them from there

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Premium & Metal customers can now trade gold in the app.

https://blog.revolut.com/exchanging-precious-metals-faq/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

Is there a charge to use a visa card to top up a revolut account?

Do Visa consider topping up revolut a purchase or cash back, so to speak?

How much do Irish banks charge for a sepa transfer?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is there a charge to use a visa card to top up a revolut account?

Do Visa consider topping up revolut a purchase or cash back, so to speak?

How much do Irish banks charge for a sepa transfer?

Thanks.

To use a debit card to top Revoult you wont be charged if you have free banking. Some companies charge from a credit card but depends on the card.

Bank transfers are also free unless you opt to pay for same pay/international etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Hi I'm trying to reverify identity on the app but the on screen button for the selfie does nothing when I press on it

Any ideas and there doesn't seem to be an option to contact them from there

Anyone on this?

I'm with them for ages but can't verify id again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Anyone on this?

Could you try on a different phone maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Anyone on this?

Try uninstalling the app, restarting your phone and reinstalling. It worked for me with another issue a while back.

Are you able to contact support on the app? It can take a while. Otherwise Twitter or Facebook maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

Has anyone had their card suspended before?

I got a notification from the Apple Pay app and it says "Revolut has suspended this card". I asked in the chat what that was about and they said that I froze the card - which I did not.

The only thing I could think of, and I mentioned it to them, was that there was one payment listed as suspcious - an €11 pre-authorisation payment to a taxi company, which I tried repeatedly to mark and confirm as normal, and the agent said that's a known issue.

He ended it saying my card appeared frozen to them from my app and just left.

I'm more than happy to pay premium for a bank account but that kind of approach (no phone call, as other banks would, totally uninterested and non-engaging) really disincentivises a premium account.

I'm curious about how common random card disabling is?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Elysium1 wrote: »
    I'm more than happy to pay premium for a bank account but that kind of approach (no phone call, as other banks would, totally uninterested and non-engaging) really disincentivises a premium account.

Just to clarify, they are not a bank, Revolut is an Electronic Money Institution

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

Spocker wrote: »
    Just to clarify, they are not a bank, Revolut is an Electronic Money Institution

Indeed, it's really a colloquial reference.

Although, they have acquired a full banking licence which they claim they will use in time. But this is splitting hairs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Elysium1 wrote: »
    Indeed, it's really a colloquial reference.

Although, they have acquired a full banking licence which they claim they will use in time. But this is splitting hairs now.

Update about the move published yesterday

https://blog.revolut.com/transferring-customers-to-our-lithuanian-entity-2/

And it's going to be another e-money institution and not the bank license.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

I just tried to register a Revolut card with my Parcel Motel address in the North, and the identification I gave was my Irish driving licence. However, Revolut said my Irish state-issued new driving licence "document is non-EEA", which seems a bit odd. I was only trying to use a UK address so that I could get access to the wider range pf videos from Amazon Prime, but I've now three questions:

1. Are there any more advantages to having a UK address when registering with Revolut?

2. If so, what Irish evidence would be acceptable to them? (it couldn't read my old-style Irish passport).

3. Is there any advantage to having a Revolut registered card under an Irish address?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Hey, does anyone know if a Revolut card works in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Soulsun wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if a Revolut card works in Lidl?

Yes. As does Curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Mine did, using contactless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Revolut junior will be launched soon for parents who want to give kids (aged between 7 to 17) their own card via their account.

Premium and metal accounts across Europe to get it first.

FAQ's

Coming-Soon-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Davy wrote: »
    Revolut junior will be launched soon for parents who want to give kids (aged between 7 to 17) their own card via their account.

Premium and metal accounts across Europe to get it first.

FAQ's

Coming-Soon-1.png

Such a smart move. Very few other services out there offer it pan-Europe. Maybe DiPocket but it's a bit restricted to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Got what I can only assume is a nonsense "heads up" today about the impending bankruptcy of Revolut and to remove any deposits I had with them ASAP.....

I've been doing a bit of looking on line and as far as I can tell all deposits are held in a separate safeguarded bank account which would be available to me even if they were to go bankrupt.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me a bit more detail on how the money is protected so I could go back to the person spouting this and set them straight? I don't even normally have much money in my account but hate this kind of stuff being spread if it is not true!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

testtech05 wrote: »
    Got what I can only assume is a nonsense "heads up" today about the impending bankruptcy of Revolut and to remove any deposits I had with them ASAP.....

I've been doing a bit of looking on line and as far as I can tell all deposits are held in a separate safeguarded bank account which would be available to me even if they were to go bankrupt.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me a bit more detail on how the money is protected so I could go back to the person spouting this and set them straight? I don't even normally have much money in my account but hate this kind of stuff being spread if it is not true!!

It's fake news, was mentioned on the radio on the way home there. Definitely not true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Is money we put into Revolut covered?

Seems not guaranteed, like Irish banks are , correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Is money we put into Revolut covered?

Seems not guaranteed, like Irish banks are , correct?

It used to be that they had all funds ring fenced with Lloyds or Barclays, how the legal reads:
    8. How is my money protected?

We don't lend your money to others. When we receive a payment for your account, or you add money to it, we place the equivalent value of e-money in your account. We quickly either:

place the money into our ring-fenced accounts that we hold with large global banks (ring-fenced accounts are separate from our own money); or
    invest the payment in low-risk assets held in a separate account with financial institutions.

We call this safeguarding.

Safeguarding helps protect you if we were to become insolvent. Safeguarding regulations make sure that once we have paid any costs related to an administrator or liquidator, we must repay you from our ring-fenced accounts before we repay any others we owe money to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They’ve put a statement out from their founder to say they’re fine. They mention raising 500 million last month in investment

https://blog.revolut.com/a-message-from-our-founder-ceo/

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

I'm having problems verifying my account.

Every time I click the verify option nothing happens. I've also gone to the 'profile' tab which their FAQ says to do and select a 'verify' but there is no option to verify.

Anyone have similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Stewball wrote: »
    I'm having problems verifying my account.

Every time I click the verify option nothing happens. I've also gone to the 'profile' tab which their FAQ says to do and select a 'verify' but there is no option to verify.

Anyone have similar problems?
    passport & a selfie is what i did. it took an 1/2 hr for them to verify it. it was android samsung i have.it has to be you whole face eyes open

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

Got it sorted.

I opened up a chat with one of their agents and sent them a selfie holding my ID.
    My account had been locked for some reason - but it's all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Sorry i did not see this this morning.

I came across this from a few years ago.
    I am very happy with it but i will be leaving less in there in the future.

Is Lithuania another Iceland banking crisis in the making ...
    www.theguardian.com › money › dec › lithuania-iceland-banking-revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Apologies if what I'm gonna ask for is already answered here, scrolling through relevant threads last couple of hours:

Is there a possibility to open an account with them and verify it without a smartphone?

Do not have one, and being in quarantine have nobody with a smartphone near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

joujoujou wrote: »
    Apologies if what I'm gonna ask for is already answered here, scrolling through relevant threads last couple of hours:

Is there a possibility to open an account with them and verify it without a smartphone?

Do not have one, and being in quarantine have nobody with a smartphone near me.

I'm afraid not. Everything is done via an app and you need a smart phone even to get set up and verified. Only choice if you really want a Revolut account is to order a smart phone online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Thanks.

I was able to survive without a smartphone for so long, so I think I have no problem with that - farewell, revolut! :D

Advertisement