Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I use the word nonsense and you consider that fairly aggressive. I give up.

Dictionary: nonsense
    - spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense.
    - denoting verse or other writing intended to be amusing by virtue of its absurd
    - something ridiculously impractical or ill-advised.

It is a rather strong word, for what you pointed out, which was, that I may not entirely be correct. And I have no problem accepting that. But not with the way it's done above.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Long time Revolut/ PTSB holder and just looking back on the App now I loaded up €600 last Nov in one lot prior to hitting Enniskillen and also put €500 on Revolut, Feb just gone, for the weekend away at Breaffy for Dubs Mayo game.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Long time Revolut/ PTSB holder and just looking back on the App now I loaded up €600 last Nov in one lot prior to hitting Enniskillen and also put €500 on Revolut, Feb just gone, for the weekend away at Breaffy for Dubs Mayo game.

There must be differences between account types then. I'm on the one with no fees for life time (so they couldn't start charging fees last year around). Time to pound them again. It's annoying me a lot sometimes.

My other half got stuck with a busted debit card in Brazil a few years back. Luckily she had one of my other Revolut cards, so I could get her 600 (300 before and 300 after midnight). With a larger limit, it would have been easier.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Marlow wrote: »
    There must be differences between account types then. I'm on the one with no fees for life time (so they couldn't start charging fees last year around). Time to pound them again. It's annoying me a lot sometimes.

My other half got stuck with a busted card in Brazil a few years back. Luckily she had one of my other Revolut cards, so I could get her 600 (300 before and 300 after midnight). With a larger limit, it would have been easier.

/M

PTSB Explore a/c here.

Btw. Had you got the geo locate operational on Revolut and did your wife inform PTSB, perhaps it was their security measures.

PTSB Explore a/c here.

Yeah ... I was going to change to that, had they started charging.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Maybe they're deliberately not raising the debit card spending limits on that account to 'persuade' customers still on it to 'upgrade' to their newer account.

Quackster wrote: »
    Maybe they're deliberately not raising the debit card spending limits on that account to 'persuade' customers still on it to 'upgrade' to their newer account.

It wouldn't wonder me a bit.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don’t pay PTSB charges

Last charge over 150 was 300 in January

Have loaded 5 times that previously

My wife is the same fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Long time user as well with Revolut/ PTSB debit card and have just put €1,000 on my Revolut on Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭FluffPiece

PTSB here also and have had no problems loading several hundred at a time if needed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

All ye using PTSB so, have any of ye loaded anything since my initial post saying I couldn’t? I’ve tried, €50, €100, €200 all failing, I’ve topped up amounts up to €1k on occasions and never an issue before this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Regularly top up my Revolut Acc with Eur 2,500 from my Debit Card.
    Eur 2,500 is the max top up from my PTSB Debit Card per day.
    Have often moved this amount every day for a number of days when needed.
    Think i just have normal Current Acc if i dont transfer Min 2k (I think ) ever month into PTSB Acc i get charged a fee.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Spoke to PTSB this morning, it seems the my expiry date somehow changed from 8/21 to 12/21 on my stored card in the Revolut app, not quite sure how that could have happened, but after deleting the card and re-adding it again, all is good again now. While on the phone to PTSB, I happened to enquire what the maximum limit was for a transfer from my acc to my Revolut card and was told it was €2,500 daily, so unsure why some might get only have €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Spoke to PTSB this morning, it seems the my expiry date somehow changed from 8/21 to 12/21 on my stored card in the Revolut app, not quite sure how that could have happened, but after deleting the card and re-adding it again, all is good again now. While on the phone to PTSB, I happened to enquire what the maximum limit was for a transfer from my acc to my Revolut card and was told it was €2,500 daily, so unsure why some might get only have €150.

they may have a very basic or restricted account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just got emailed a survey.

"Revolut is considering offering you a COVID-19 Insurance Plan with the following features:-

Hospitalization due to COVID-19 : Daily allowance of £100 for each day spent at the hospital
    Intensive Care Unit due to COVID-19 : Recovery allowance of £3,000, paid upon discharge from the intensive care unit
    Accidental Death due to COVID-19 : £10,000 paid out to your loved ones
    Income Protection : Protect your income for 3 months (up to £1,500 per month) in case you are made unemployed

Would you be interested in purchasing the above mentioned COVID-19 Insurance Plan priced at £25 per month?"

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Would you be interested in purchasing the above mentioned COVID-19 Insurance Plan priced at £25 per month?"

If I lived in the UK, maybe, although you might find it difficult to get tested if you had symptoms over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Things must be bad if they have to peddle insurance like that to their customers.

The kickbacks they can get for that product from the insurance provider can’t be that great.

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    they may have a very basic or restricted account

I ran into the limit years ago. Raised it with Open24 and got that explanation. So I've never tried to go past it in the last few years.

It seems, that PTSB has changed their limits at some point. Because I can actually load to the max of 2500/day now.

Well .. that was a pleasant surprise. Thanks for those who confirmed, that they didn't have the limit.

/M

On another note ..

3 of the 5 metal colors are now Visa. 2 of them remain Mastercard.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Does anyone know how to make what is called swift payment to another country?
    I want them to get max benefit and avoid fees if poss as for people who need it (orphanage)
    I be seriously pissed if 5% on banking fees.
    I can send in €€€ or in local currency as i transferred and then got stuck.
    I wanted to do in bank today but the lady said they could only send €€€.
    She also said that there be receiving bank fees for to change to local currency.
    I have the local bank details and want receiver to have max benefit.

many thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Does anyone know how to make what is called swift payment to another country?
    I want them to get max benefit and avoid fees if poss as for people who need it (orphanage)
    I be seriously pissed if 5% on banking fees.
    I can send in €€€ or in local currency as i transferred and then got stuck.
    I wanted to do in bank today but the lady said they could only send €€€.
    She also said that there be receiving bank fees for to change to local currency.
    I have the local bank details and want receiver to have max benefit.

many thanks...

The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication.

It's essentially a messaging system between banks that makes for a cumbersome, inefficient method for transferring funds as transfers often have to go though one or more intermediaries and can work out very costly.

Best avoided if at all possible.

Quackster wrote: »
    The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication.

Use Revolut, where possible. Use Paypal wherever else. Avoid the banks ..... because one thing is sure: they will take their cut. Plenty of it.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

New terms and conditions on app today after an update.

Read throught it didnt notice any significant changes.

Anyone else read through them?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

New terms and conditions on app today after an update.

Read throught it didnt notice any significant changes.

Anyone else read through them?

I scanned through them too and didn't spot anything too obvious... but then again perhaps I scanned a bit quick. In fairness to Revolut the T&C's are quite readable - plain English.

Anyone getting asked for updated ID recently? Saying the ID I provided is no longer valid, I'm almost positive I singed up with my passport though (still in-date for many years) so doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Yeah, happened to me a while back too. A PITA because I was at a shopping checkout when it flagged up and I don't normally have my passport to hand.

Also happened recently to a relative in NI, though they were allowed use a driving licence to re-validate, which we can't. Strange!

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Also happened recently to a relative in NI, though they were allowed use a driving licence to re-validate, which we can't. Strange!

UK is handled under UK ruleset on they eMoney license in the UK. We are now handled under their EU license. Different ruleset.

/M

UK is handled under UK ruleset on they eMoney license in the UK. We are now handled under their EU license. Different ruleset.

/M

When did you get your account moved to the Lithuania license?

When did you get your account moved to the Lithuania license?

It didn't. But they are treating all non-UK customers like that already. That's why we all had do the ID again, so they were prepared for Brexit.

Just because the account hasn't been transferred, doesn't mean that they can't apply the different rulesets already. And they clearly have. Hence we can't use a driving license for ID, while UK residents can.

/M

• Advertisement

It didn't. But they are treating all non-UK customers like that already. That's why we all had do the ID again, so they were prepared for Brexit.

Just because the account hasn't been transferred, doesn't mean that they can't apply the different rulesets already. And they clearly have. Hence we can't use a driving license for ID, while UK residents can.

/M

That explanation is true but the previous “ We are now handled under their EU license.” was raising question as that has impact to the account numbers for example, the complaint process etc. That is why I asked.

Advertisement