Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

CVB wrote: »
    New Logo I’m metal customer it’s just new design

There is a complete redesign in app with the current beta (Version 7.0-beta-277), not just the black R for "Revolut" ...beta now has a small blue ß inset on the black R.

The new in-app design is a lot more "salesy" with panels for share dealing , plan upgrades etc much more prominent.

Basic functionality of moving between wallets, checking out transactions etc is not as intuitive or easy to navigate as before. I'm undecided on the new layout - perhaps it will grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

msmx5 wrote: »
    There is a complete redesign in app with the current beta (Version 7.0-beta-277), not just the black R for "Revolut" ...beta now has a small blue ß inset on the black R.

The new in-app design is a lot more "salesy" with panels for share dealing , plan upgrades etc much more prominent.

Basic functionality of moving between wallets, checking out transactions etc is not as intuitive or easy to navigate as before. I'm undecided on the new layout - perhaps it will grow on me.

I went to transfer money to my OH yesterday and it took me an age to find where to do it. Anybody else have this problem or am I now officially too old to adapt to change?

jakdublin wrote: »
    I went to transfer money to my OH yesterday and it took me an age to find where to do it. Anybody else have this problem or am I now officially too old to adapt to change?

It's certainly not as intuitive as before. I think you are never too old for change despite it getting harder to understand why some of the change is necessary when "everything worked before".
    1. The "send" money option is now found by clicking on the centre icon at the bottom of the main screen - there are two arrows pointing left and right.
    2. Then select the search / magnifying glass icon at the top, to the right of the "Payments" text, and search for your contacts.
    3. Then choose "Send", "Request" or "Schedule" - the rest is similar to before.

*Above applies to Android App v7.0-beta-277

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Revolut website shows what the new design looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I finally got the 7 beta pushed on my iOS device and I don't know if this is a step into the right direction.

I like the simple transaction history but with multiple balances in different currencies it is not that easy anymore. If one only has one currency it is however cleaner.

The comment about this being sales oriented is true. The fee based products make up a whole new tab.

I think it will take a while to get used to but they clearly took some of the types that don't make them money (like transfers to bank accounts) and made it a little harder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I finally got the 7 beta pushed on my iOS device and I don't know if this is a step into the right direction.

I like the simple transaction history but with multiple balances in different currencies it is not that easy anymore. If one only has one currency it is however cleaner.

The comment about this being sales oriented is true. The fee based products make up a whole new tab.

I think it will take a while to get used to but they clearly took some of the types that don't make them money (like transfers to bank accounts) and made it a little harder.

I just downloaded it there now also, it’s horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I like it, although I wonder why they simultaneously felt the need to:
    have the last tab show the present plan and benefits instead of defaulting to an action orientated menu (sales pitch like said)
    didn't address the widgets jumble

Can't see what the issue with payments tab to enable bank transfers is personally - it was pretty quick to nav to.

The second tab for wealth actually clarifies something for me - the difference between having a crypto balance, and havin a vault which is crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Dardania wrote: »
    I like it, although I wonder why they simultaneously felt the need to:
    have the last tab show the present plan and benefits instead of defaulting to an action orientated menu (sales pitch like said)
    didn't address the widgets jumble

Can't see what the issue with payments tab to enable bank transfers is personally - it was pretty quick to nav to.

The second tab for wealth actually clarifies something for me - the difference between having a crypto balance, and havin a vault which is crypto.

Is it possible to have a a crypto savings vault?

As in, I've set up a vault with the OH and we're both contributing a monthly deposit to it in € - but can that be converted into crypto or even gold before it goes in the vault?

I've tried googling for an answer to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,122 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Minimum top up has gone back up to €15 on my android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

flazio wrote: »
    Minimum top up has gone back up to €15 on my android.

Never went back to €10 for me months ago. I've been dealing with the 15 limit

• Advertisement

Is it possible to have a a crypto savings vault?

As in, I've set up a vault with the OH and we're both contributing a monthly deposit to it in € - but can that be converted into crypto or even gold before it goes in the vault?

Yes - I tried and was able to set up a shared crypto vault just there now.

You can select for spare change to go there and also schedule recurring payments eg a monthly payment however it looks like you must make the regular payments using the vault currency so it is NOT (currently - in Android Version 7 beta 284) possible to schedule say a €20 monthly deposit to a BTC vault. [you must chose a BTC value for the topup]

Never went back to €10 for me months ago. I've been dealing with the 15 limit

Same here - €15 limit now. Was €10

I finally got the 7 beta pushed on my iOS device and I don't know if this is a step into the right direction......

One feature that now seems missing for me is that I can't add a comment / note to any vault transactions. I found this feature useful in the past!

On iOS in the 7 beta I can not top up as it requires to add the CCV code but no box to enter shows.

Works fine on Android 7 beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

On iOS in the 7 beta I can not top up as it requires to add the CCV code but no box to enter shows.

Existing card or new card?

Davy wrote: »
    Existing card or new card?

Existing card, used multiple times before without any issues.

Same question popped up on Android but showed the box to enter the CCV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Trying to send to another revolut but the code just freezes the screen and i have got sent multiple codes now. Never seen that happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone using Revolut for direct debits with Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Stewball wrote: »
    Anyone using Revolut for direct debits with Eir?

Tried last year but they flat out refused. BoI took 3 months to get right for a PCP, apparently they had never done a DD with Revolut for PCP before then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Tried last year but they flat out refused. BoI took 3 months to get right for a PCP, apparently they had never done a DD with Revolut for PCP before then.

Really?

Rang them last week and they said if I filled out a direct debit form and posted it in they could do it, they just couldn't over the phone. They work via n26 with eir I know that much.

Time will tell if I was being fobbed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Really?

Rang them last week and they said if I filled out a direct debit form and posted it in they could do it, they just couldn't over the phone. They work via n26 with eir I know that much.

Time will tell if I was being fobbed off.

Yeah, they said the same thing to me, which I did, when I followed up as nothing was changed that's was communicated on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

So they say they do - but it seems to be all talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

thinking of moving to KBC any issues with topping up to Revolut .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

irishgeo wrote: »

With KBC for the last year and have had no issue with topping up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Anybody use the free disposable virtual card yet? I'm thinking there might be problems with the likes of Amazon who take a euro or so to prove the card is valid.

Where’s my change vault now?

This new design is horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It’s in the second tab in the bottom ‘wealth’

Kinda like the new design! The nearby atm widget is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anybody use the free disposable virtual card yet? I'm thinking there might be problems with the likes of Amazon who take a euro or so to prove the card is valid.

I use it all the time now but haven’t on Amazon. Only really use the main card for Apple Pay tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

From Revolut blog:

https://blog.revolut.com/introducing-disposable-virtual-cards/

“ For fraud prevention purposes, a Disposable Virtual Card will work for up to five payments per day.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

irishgeo wrote: »

I add funds to my Revolut account using google pay linked to KBC so no issue for me.

Advertisement