Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

markc1184 wrote: »
    My revolut app updated over night on Android and now for the life of me I cant find my vaults. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

See post #864

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113538506&postcount=864

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    why would you need 6 cards?

I don't need 6 cards. :D Who does? Sort of stumbled on that many by accepting beta cards (RevPay) and things like the replacement card for those with cards that "might not work properly on TFL" (Transport for London / Underground) as well as when they started trialling VISA cards and also when there was the "bug/feature" that let you add extra virtual cards. They've built up over time - even split 3 x visa, 3x Mastercard - to be honest I never use the physical cards anymore - use Google Pay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I was checking the price for a disposable virtual card on Saturday and was able to add one to my account for free. There was a fee to add one previously, not sure if this is just my account but worth a try if you don’t already have one. You can cancel if it shows a fee.

They’ve been free for a little while now (since I start using them anyway!)

Dodge wrote: »

It appeared to not be across the board. I've regularly checked and today is the first time I was able to get a free disposable card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Dodge wrote: »

As above, I checked a month back and they were charging for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

markc1184 wrote: »
    My revolut app updated over night on Android and now for the life of me I cant find my vaults. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

2nd button on the bottom bar, chart icon and vaults is listed on the top menu as the last option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

irishgeo wrote: »
    2nd button on the bottom bar, chart icon and vaults is listed on the top menu as the last option.

Or via the dashboard button at bottom of screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Lads trying to get paid from someone to my new revolut account and they say my Iban is not being accepted on their end. Anyone had similar? It's says euro but Iban is GB, altough that shouldn't matter should it?

Thanks to all who commented. He tried again with no spaces and it worked. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Been struggling to find what the limit is for sending money to another revolut account.

I've had no issues sending €50/100 previously. But I've recently tried multiple times to send a larger amount and just get 'Something went wrong'. Sending small amounts still works.

I see mention of a 6K limit here (standard plan) which I'm nowhere near:
    https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/our-pricing-plans

Mr.S wrote: »
    The limit is something very high, like 500k in 24 hours, with a max of 250k per transfer.

The 6K limit on Standard plans is the FX limit before you get charged 1-2%, if you are just transferring without converting then (I think) there is no limit.

If you usually only send low amounts (under €100) and are now sending something like 5k in one go, it's likely your account will be restricted until you verify your source of funds. But they tell you that.

Ah ok, that could be it alright. Would be good if they gave a better message than 'Something went wrong'. :)
    Seems their customer service is extremely busy recently, used the in-app chat yesterday but still waiting on a response from an agent. Twitter rep DM'd me but just said I need to wait on someone in the chat.

I guess I find some of the nomenclature a bit confusing as well, the 500K/250K limit you mentioned seems to be specific to a 'transfer' which is related to sending to a bank account according to the name of this URL:
    https://www.revolut.com/help/exploring-revolut/sending-money/sending-money-to-a-bank-account/what-are-the-transfer-limits

I'm not transferring to a bank account though. Unless sending to another revolut account is considered the same?

• Advertisement

They said there are no restrictions on my account for sending money, the issue is on the beneficiaries side and they would need to discuss it with revolut.

Tried asking what the receiving issue was in general, what the threshold is, could I have the same receiving issue myself, but they wouldn't give me any details, just that the receiver would need to reach out to them through the chat like I did.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is the receiver a Revolut customer? I vaguely remember issues for new customers receiving larger sums of money due to anti-laundering restrictions.

Yeah the receiver is a revolut customer on the standard plan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

Tried to buy something for my son on playstation store. I got card authorization request.

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Tried to buy something for my son on playstation store. I got card authorization request.

What does this mean?

Go into the Revolut app, and you'll have to authorise it - there's like a 5 minute timer, so you'll likely have to try the purchase again..

I’ve been asked to do that on almost every online transaction for the past month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Does Revolut support BACS receipts for a standard account?

I am due cashback from Quidco and the options are BACS and PayPal. When I try to input my Revolut GBP account number and sort code, it gives an error message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Redsoxfan wrote: »

I am due cashback from Quidco and the options are BACS and PayPal. When I try to input my Revolut GBP account number and sort code, it gives an error message.

Should do. I use it for topcashback payouts

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Ive made withdrawals from Quidoco to revolut without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone able to use Revolut to do the lotto online? It lets me add the car details as payment but when I go to add funds to the (lotto ) account from it ,it says the bank declined the transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Anyone having issues with withdrawing funds from Paypal account into Revolut account? Transaction keeps getting reversed, anything to do with Revolut being a British account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone able to use Revolut to do the lotto online? It lets me add the car details as payment but when I go to add funds to the (lotto ) account from it ,it says the bank declined the transaction

It’s banned. Revolut mark it as gambling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

timple23 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with withdrawing funds from Paypal account into Revolut account? Transaction keeps getting reversed, anything to do with Revolut being a British account?

never had an issue with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

shanec1928 wrote: »
    It’s banned. Revolut mark it as gambling

Revolut don’t stop you using their card for gambling

Or at least they haven’t stopped me using it on a couple of well known betting websites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The National Lottery won't take cards that aren't coded as Irish. As most Revolut Cards are UK coded they are rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fupping lotto. I know they dont let you play when outside the country but thats ****.

I know this is the Revolut thread but do any of the similar services work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

The National Lottery won't take cards that aren't coded as Irish. As most Revolut Cards are UK coded they are rejected.

So is that n26 cards counted out aswel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The issue with Revolut and the irish lottery is, that the irish lottery only accepts irish cards.

Now, if you've got a Mastercard from Revolut, then chances are, that it's coded for Ireland.

All the Visa ones, I've come across, are coded for UK. All of mine (physical and virtual) are for sure.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

timple23 wrote: »

I transferred EUR 500 from my PayPal to my Revolut last week without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Anyone having an issue with adding funds to Revolut through Google pay? It's stuck on pending and it reverts back after an hour or so. Tried topping it up a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

who uses this junk

Advertisement