Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

who uses this junk

People like me who find it useful.

who uses this junk

Over 1 million people in Ireland so far and rising.

Revolut is excellent, I rarely use any of my other accounts and have almost totally moved to using Revolut for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Maybe the sun's got to me but I've spent the last 20 mins looking for Vaults on Revolut, can't for the life of me find it, anyone got a clue for me please?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

turbostan wrote: »
    Maybe the sun's got to me but I've spent the last 20 mins looking for Vaults on Revolut, can't for the life of me find it, anyone got a clue for me please?!!

Bottom of the home page. Three bars with an arrow above them.
    Then .........
    Stocks, crypto, commodities, vaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Bottom of the home page. Three bars with an arrow above them.
    Then .........
    Stocks, crypto, commodities, vaults.

Oh wow, it seems so obvious now...
    Thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Anyone else seeing delays adding funds from BOI Visa debit this afternoon ?
    I always assume it's a BOI issue when it happens given how awful their service and systems are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing delays adding funds from BOI Visa debit this afternoon ?
    I always assume it's a BOI issue when it happens given how awful their service and systems are.

Just topped up with BOI Visa Debit and it went through instantly. However, I had to enter the CVV number for verification which is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Took over 10 minutes to clear from pending in revolut for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do they charge 0.5% for non Euro currency now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Gael23 wrote: »
    Do they charge 0.5% for non Euro currency now?

Only if you have exceeded 6000€ a month on the free plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Please could someone tell me where the exchange rate/ currency converter is on the new update? Have spent 20 minutes looking for it. Thanks.

Edited: found it. Under widgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Philster wrote: »
    Please could someone tell me where the exchange rate/ currency converter is on the new update? Have spent 20 minutes looking for it. Thanks.

Edited: found it. Under widgets.

Click on the "v" symbol beside your balance, that will open up the currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Does Revolut now offer instant SEPA transfers or they eventually didn't 'activate' it?
    Has anyone tried?

inel wrote: »
    Does Revolut now offer instant SEPA transfers or they eventually didn't 'activate' it?
    Has anyone tried?

I tried this morning and with Turbo transfer gone I got the 1-5 business days estimate and so far no money on the receiving account.

Looks like they did not activate it for customers. Just because they have the technology does not mean they use it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm not digging this new UI at all.

Bring back the fancy graphs.
    And I want to see all of my transactions on the home screen.

That’s the worst element of the whole redesign, only showing the last transaction by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

That’s the worst element of the whole redesign, only showing the last transaction by default.

Agreed on that...

Rest of UI fine to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I tried this morning and with Turbo transfer gone I got the 1-5 business days estimate and so far no money on the receiving account.

I done a transfer yesterday morning & it was in my BoI account in the afternoon. However, I didn't get the usual info emails.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I done a transfer yesterday morning & it was in my BoI account in the afternoon. However, I didn't get the usual info emails.

BOI does not support sepa instant transfers (no retail bank in Ireland does).

I got the mails with about 3 hours delay today (and it took about 2 hours between pending and completed).

But funds are not in the receiving account even hours after the complete message so no SEPA instant yet.

I have also done the reverse by sending a payment to Revolut and again no sepa instant either.

So they have taken away turbo transfers and are using multiple batches a day to speed the transfers up (which is nice) but do not do SEPA instant at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Apparently they charge 0.5% FX Commission at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gael23 wrote: »
    Apparently they charge 0.5% FX Commission at the weekend

The markets are closed on weekends and they can not predict, what the conversion rate will be on the monday.

So there has always been a slighly higher rate for exchanges on the weekend.

That's well known and has been mentioned many times in this thread. Nothing new anyhow.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

FYI for anyone looking for a statement for their Vault, the facility is now gone.

Spent over an hour with customer care and then elevated the issue. No result.

No timeline for when it will be back. They direct you to print a statement from your main account that will show the money going to your Vault, but no balance information will be available. They maintain they are not in breach of any regulations for e-money institutions.

I am applying for a mortgage and this is really f n-ing up my day.

As for the whole UX, give me an early version any day! This lastest one (iOS) is aimed at displaying graphics & gifs. Funtionality has decreased immensely IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

FTT2004 wrote: »
    FYI for anyone looking for a statement for their Vault, the facility is now gone.

Spent over an hour with customer care and then elevated the issue. No result.

No timeline for when it will be back. They direct you to print a statement from your main account that will show the money going to your Vault, but no balance information will be available. They maintain they are not in breach of any regulations for e-money institutions.

I am applying for a mortgage and this is really f n-ing up my day.

As for the whole UX, give me an early version any day! This lastest one (iOS) is aimed at displaying graphics & gifs. Funtionality has decreased immensely IMHO.
    whats a valut got do with a mortgage application.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

irishgeo wrote: »
    whats a valut got do with a mortgage application.

Guessing the mortgage bank is looking for evidence to support regular saving. It's a pretty standard check in getting a mortgage.

if a vault has €60k+ in it but no paper trail that there's been regular saving into it the bank are right to be suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wouldn't the record of the funds going from your account to the vaults be there though?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wouldn't the record of the funds going from your account to the vaults be there though?

yes it would, but you're assuming the mortgage advisors the poster is dealing with have the same intelligence, many do not. They'll see that vault as it's own current account and thus may require a statement for this said "account" and will not accept anything less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Quick question does everyone keep a card connected to revolut for top up purposes. If so is this ok security wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

FTT2004 wrote: »
    Funtionality has decreased immensely IMHO.

It's no longer possible to add a comment or note with a vault transaction, which I found very useful.

They have a lot of work to bring the usability and functionality back to what it was before this v7 update.

[Android versions since v7 ~ now at 7.2-beta-325]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Quick question does everyone keep a card connected to revolut for top up purposes. If so is this ok security wise.

Yes - I have for the best part of the last 4 years and no issues.

Advertisement