Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You will have fees of you buy from Amazon in sterling at the weekend converting from euro

A lower exchange rate rather than an additional fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A curve card is a brilliant card for those that want to use their own bank cards from banks that don’t support google or Apple Pay

Curve card does not support Google Pay in Rep of Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh apologies, I just assumed it did as it works with Apple Pay. I’m only recently using it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A lower exchange rate rather than an additional fee.

Sorry, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And more cost savings.

Concierge has been removed as a metal benefit in some regions.

Ireland/UK still seem to have the benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Revolut advice on how to deal with Utility Companies rejecting your Revolut European Ibans.

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1271435970316042241?s=19

https://blog.revolut.com/fighting-against-iban-discrimination/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Does anyone know if social welfare can pay into a revolt account deserted wife benefit?

mother in law goes post office to collect every week but as cash is not preferred in alot of places at moment so set her up on revolt and was wondering if payment could be made directly to the account instead of me lodgeing to my bank and transfering to her

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

vickers209 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if social welfare can pay into a revolt account deserted wife benefit?

mother in law goes post office to collect every week but as cash is not preferred in alot of places at moment so set her up on revolt and was wondering if payment could be made directly to the account instead of me lodgeing to my bank and transfering to her

thanks

The recent pandemic unemployment payment could not be paid to n26, Revolut or any foreign bank accounts

I don’t know about all payments. Might have to contact the relevant section in social welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 13,121 ✭✭✭✭flazio

vickers209 wrote: »

thanks
    Don't the post office offer their own bank accounts now? If the mother in law isn't all that tech savvy (and even some of us who are can't operate the app without guidance since the updates) it might be handier if she's going in there anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

flazio wrote: »
    Don't the post office offer their own bank accounts now? If the mother in law isn't all that tech savvy (and even some of us who are can't operate the app without guidance since the updates) it might be handier if she's going in there anyway.

Yes, they do, along with some credit unions (technically they are debit accounts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ZoZoZo

Hi,

I have money in a US trading account and I'm looking for the the cheapest way to transfer it to my Irish bank account and wondering if Revolut would be a good option assuming they give the interbank rate whereas it looks like normal banks charge ~interbank+2%.

Reading the Revolut website though it not really clear what account I need or what the charges will be.

The amount is over 10k so I assume I couldn't use the free account or it would take >10months to get it all exchanged ?
    If I go for premium it says
    • Free UK account
    • Free Euro IBAN account
    • Exchange in 30 fiat currencies - no monthly limit
    • 1 free SWIFT transfer each month
    • Unlimited cross border free transfers
    So to get the money from the US trading account can I just have them wire it to my Euro IBAN in dollars and then exchange it for free or will the Euro IBAN not accept an incoming wire in dollars ?
    Also I'm confused about the distinction between the last two points, what's the difference between a SWIFT transfer (only one) and a 'cross border' transfer (unlimited) ?

So, can anyone clear this up, is Revolut a viable way to get funds from a US account in US$ to an Irish bank account in € and getting the interbank rate with no extra fees charged ?

Thanks,

Zo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And more cost savings.

Concierge has been removed as a metal benefit in some regions.

Ireland/UK still seem to have the benefit.

I got a mail last night, saying it will completely be discontinued. No loss anyway. It wasn't really useful.

The insurance cover has been upgraded though.

Oh .. and the free ATM withdrawals for Metal customers is being increased from 600 to 800 EUR/month.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Marlow wrote: »
    I got a mail last night, saying it will completely be discontinued. No loss anyway. It wasn't really useful.

The insurance cover has been upgraded though.

Oh .. and the free ATM withdrawals for Metal customers is being increased from 600 to 800 EUR/month.

/M

really pushing the metal but its too expensive

irishgeo wrote: »
    really pushing the metal but its too expensive

It depends on how much you use it. The cashback and savings opposed to the free one pays for most of the yearly fee for me.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

From latest email from Curve
    Supercharge your Revolut card with Curve.

Select your Revolut payment card on Curve to enjoy fee-free spending abroad on weekdays and earn 1% instant cashback when you spend, uncapped!

From latest email from Curve

And if you're on Revolut Metal, you also get the Revolut cashback ... I've been doing that for ages.

Also .. it only applies to subscribers of Curve Metal.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Revolut launched support for open banking in Ireland today. Supports most of the bigger Irish banks. Noticed the new linked tab on the accounts section of the app this morning.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/revolut-open-banking-launch-ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

DubDJ wrote: »
    Revolut launched support for open banking in Ireland today. Supports most of the bigger Irish banks. Noticed the new linked tab on the accounts section of the app this morning.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/start-ups/revolut-open-banking-launch-ireland

Yeah what's the antiquated banks here can't support it?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/revolut-launches-open-banking-for-irish-customers-1.4280685?mode=amp

I stand corrected, just linked my BOI accounts.

You need to download the keycode app, link it in banking 365 then follow the steps in the Revolute app and you are done.

PTSB linking works too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Deadly, just linked my PTSB

• Advertisement

How do you link a BoI account? My login that I use for 365 doesn’t work and it seems to want me to have a code generator (card reader or something?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What are your opinions on this
    this from someone on a article

'Why would I want Revolut to know my bank balances etc.?
    Sure it "looks" convenient but at the end of the day you're giving your financial and transaction information to Revolut.

Now what could they be doing with all that additional data on YOU?

Revolut aren't used by people for large sums, that continues to be Banks. They want to change this. And this is one of the steps along the road.
    I use Revolut. It's good for travelling, but I have no intention of using it as my full time Bank.''

So long as they can’t empty my savings I’ll take convenience over privacy any day. Be nice to be able to see my BoI stuff in an app that doesn’t look like it was designed in 2007.

How do you link a BoI account? My login that I use for 365 doesn’t work and it seems to want me to have a code generator (card reader or something?).

BOI a little more convoluted than PTSB.

Download the BOI Keycode app
    On a desktop/tablet go to manage account and the last option

Follow instructions to set that up using the code generator in the keycode app.

Your BOI accounts will appear in the 'linked' tab of the Revolut app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭wassie

Exactly. I remember having this feature on my Australian online banking account 10 years ago.

Our consumer banking system claims they are 'innovative' but their systems and apps are anything but.....

BOI a little more convoluted than PTSB.

Download the BOI Keycode app
    On a desktop/tablet go to manage account and the last option

Follow instructions to set that up using the code generator in the keycode app.

Your BOI accounts will appear in the 'linked' tab of the Revolut app.

Is the desktop thing on the 365 online website/app? I ended up on some self service web page like it said but it seems to be for business accounts.

Edit - job done cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Is the app security adequate to have all your bank accounts linked to it. Think I'd be slow to link all mine to it. Maybe I'm just been over cautious though

Is the app security adequate to have all your bank accounts linked to it. Think I'd be slow to link all mine to it. Maybe I'm just been over cautious though

I just put my current on it and left the savings off. I’ll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I just put my current on it and left the savings off. I’ll see how it goes.

Don't think I'd link any to it to be honest but like I said maybe I'm too suspicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I linked an account with a couple of quid in it to test it out.

Does it just mean I use the Revolut app to view my account details? What's the benefit to that?

Advertisement