Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I tried linking a second Ptsb saving account after having linked a current account, it replaces it. Looks like you can only link one account

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I linked an account with a couple of quid in it to test it out.

Does it just mean I use the Revolut app to view my account details? What's the benefit to that?

See details, balance and transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Having trouble linking my AIB accounts. Stuck on authentication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Cant see any benefit to that though. you already know what d.debits are going to come out of your a/c. & if you are using your revolut card you are not going to be using your bank card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Cant see any benefit to that though. you already know what d.debits are going to come out of your a/c. & if you are using your revolut card you are not going to be using your bank card.

Have to agree I can't see the benefit either but each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

jakdublin wrote: »
    Having trouble linking my AIB accounts. Stuck on authentication.

Worked ok for me, straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

I just put my current on it and left the savings off. I’ll see how it goes.

Did exactly that with PTSB just to see how it works. If I find myself using it then will leave it linked. Think it will be a bit easier to use the app to check the current account as the fingerprint sign in is way more convenient than the password/pin the TSB app uses.

It's the ease of access to quickly view the balance or see if a transaction like wages has happened. I can enter the Revolut app with my fingerprint unlike the 2 step passphrase and PIN my PTSB app needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

having all your money in/money out in one place is hugely beneficial for people who are trying to save and see where their money goes. I don't need a tool like this because I'm super into spreadsheets and budgeting apps and the like. but the next person, the one who taps away at every POS terminal that catches their eyes, having this will be great especially with Revolut's PFM offering.

Can't add EBS which is my main irish account, balls to that. Would have been great as EBS have no app and the log in process is a pain in the arse with having to enter two sets of digits and do a two factor.

Being able to open revolut instantly with faceID is massive benefit imo to answer people wondering why you would do this.
    What are your opinions on this
    this from someone on a article

'Why would I want Revolut to know my bank balances etc.?
    Sure it "looks" convenient but at the end of the day you're giving your financial and transaction information to Revolut.

Now what could they be doing with all that additional data on YOU?

Revolut aren't used by people for large sums, that continues to be Banks. They want to change this. And this is one of the steps along the road.
    I use Revolut. It's good for travelling, but I have no intention of using it as my full time Bank.''

As I said above its massively convenient and I fail to see what difference it makes giving your financial transaction info to revolut, Its very annoying they dont support EBS as I'd have linked immediately. I already use revolut as my main account as its so so much better than a traditional bank. I only use an irish bank to get my wages paid into it and that's it, I just move the money to revolut after that. I wouldn't do without the irish account though as I've savings accounts so easier to move money in/out if you have a current account too and some things wont accept non-irish accounts also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Yeah, that's what I thought, so it doesn't provide any extra functionality. The Ulster Bank mobile app I normally use is as easy to use as my Revolut app.

I'd prefer to link my Revolut account with my banking app rather than my banking accounts to my Revlout app :D

Might be handy that uses their Revolut account as their main account.

It's the ease of access to quickly view the balance or see if a transaction like wages has happened. I can enter the Revolut app with my fingerprint unlike the 2 step passphrase and PIN my PTSB app needs.

okay i supposed it depends on the bank you are with as well.Just as quick for me use mobile app. few secs in the difference way mine is set up.

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I thought, so it doesn't provide any extra functionality. The Ulster Bank mobile app I normally use is as easy to use as my Revolut app.

I'd prefer to link my Revolut account with my banking app rather than my banking accounts to my Revlout app :D

Might be handy that uses their Revolut account as their main account.

I use Revolut for all my day to day spending so this is great for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

No KBC (or EBS as someone else mentioned) ... is it not a PSD2 requirement?

Edit: I see KBC have an API available so could be waiting on revolut
    https://www.kbc.ie/psd2-developer-portal/home

Can't add EBS which is my main irish account, balls to that. Would have been great as EBS have no app and the log in process is a pain in the arse with having to enter two sets of digits and do a two factor.

Being able to open revolut instantly with faceID is massive benefit imo to answer people wondering why you would do this.

As I said above its massively convenient and I fail to see what difference it makes giving your financial transaction info to revolut, Its very annoying they dont support EBS as I'd have linked immediately. I already use revolut as my main account as its so so much better than a traditional bank. I only use an irish bank to get my wages paid into it and that's it, I just move the money to revolut after that. I wouldn't do without the irish account though as I've savings accounts so easier to move money in/out if you have a current account too and some things wont accept non-irish accounts also.

(i know this will suit some people better)

i wouldnt trust them. no actual phone number & can lock your a/c for stupid reasons. thats why i wouldnt trust them with loads of money,only with money i could afford to lose. I had fraud happen to me before and they seem to be crap dealing fraud transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

I had fraud happen to me before and they seem to be crap dealing fraud transactions.

Incidentally, I had fraudulent transactions come out of my account a couple of months ago. They reimbursed the amount and sent out a new free card the same day.

I was quite impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

i wouldnt trust them. no actual phone number & can lock your a/c for stupid reasons. thats why i wouldnt trust them with loads of money,only with money i could afford to lose. I had fraud happen to me before and they seem to be crap dealing fraud transactions.

Agreed ,Revolut cannot be trusted .
    They are constantly locking peoples accounts ,freezing transfers and demanding documentation if you are moving larger amounts of money.
    N26 are much better to deal with ,they are a proper bank with a savings guarantee .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Zardoz wrote: »
    They are constantly locking peoples accounts ,freezing transfers and demanding documentation if you are moving larger amounts of money.
    N26 are much better to deal with .

Don't know. I'm with Revolut almost from day one and never had those issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭wassie

N26 are much better to deal with ,they are a proper bank with a savings guarantee .

And have an actual web-based banking app. Sometime sh!t is just easier on a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I got locked out of my account without any advance warning a couple of years ago. Support didn’t respond to me for more than 48 hours. Or ideal when abroad.

Fine for internet purchases and use in shops, restaurants etc. but I would never consider having my salary paid into the account or relying on it for payment of mortgage, utilities etc.

Plus the scheduled downtime is a pain as Amazon used to charge when an item was marked dispatched, which could be anytime, so could occur during downtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Is it safe to link?

Do I have to opt out of data sharing or something?

Thanks for advice

I’ve never had an issue and I put 1000’s through Revolut every month. Have direct debits from it, all my spending is basically though it for over 2 years.

I have N26 also but never use it, Revolut is better and I much prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,121 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Incidentally, anyone try linking an N26 account to the Revolut app?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I say this as someone who wouldn't trust them for primary banking (I use them as a travel card/virtual card when internet shopping/transferring money quickly to others)... they were excellent to deal with when I had a problem

I didn't have money in the account (only keep about 20 max in) but a "suspicious" payment was attempted. They flagged it, notified me, checked a few details and had a new card out to me very quickly.

On that score at least, I'd have no issues. It's been the only problem in the last two years too. Early on ( 3 yerars ago or so) they had several unforeseen stoppages but that hasn't happened in a long time

Again, I don't consider it a bank but it suits my needs for some things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I tried linking a second Ptsb saving account after having linked a current account, it replaces it. Looks like you can only link one account

I thought that too as the same thing happened to me. I revoked the account and started the process again and linked two accounts the second time and now they're both there.

I was having trouble linking any account at the beginning as it was stuck on the authentication page but it worked when I turned off wifi and just used cellular data.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

flazio wrote: »
    Incidentally, anyone try linking an N26 account to the Revolut app?

Not listed as being supported (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,121 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thanks, like others I'd be wary about sharing my primary bank details with a company I've never had face to face dealing with. Between two back up virtual companies however, I'd have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Do you get a Revolut notification whenever a new transaction happens in the linked bank account? This could be a reason for me to link my bank account with Revolut as I like the real time transactions notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

A few questions here please:

1) If an account has been created - is it possible to change the name on it (i.e. Maiden name/Married name).

2) If someone is residing in Ireland but has another EU passport - do they still successfully verify the account?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm going around in circles trying to link revolut to my BOI account via Open Banking. I don't have a laptop and doing it all on my phone.

What is this self service page that I have to enter a password to?

Advertisement