Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Mr.S wrote: »
    With AIB at least, i'm not getting real-time notifications when linked with Revolut. It doesn't seem to pick up "Pending" transactions.

I'm not getting pending transactions either with PTSB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I'm going around in circles trying to link revolut to my BOI account via Open Banking. I don't have a laptop and doing it all on my phone.

What is this self service page that I have to enter a password to?

You cant do it on a phone, has to be on a tablet or desktop.

Download the keycode app, then log into banking 365, then manage account then link keycode app.

Follow the instructions, tick the box for the accounts you want to share with Revolut and they appear. Is a bit convoluted compared to PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That's a requirement to prevent money-laundering and the likes. All you need is one form.

If your account is frozen, there's most likely a very good reason. Revoluts business is getting more customers, not freezing accounts and stealing your money.

No ,you need alot more that one form I'm afraid .
    They want tax forms and bank statements ,source of funds ,etc.
    Have a look on reddit at the amount of complaints.
    Peoples accounts being frozen for months on end.

Zardoz wrote: »
    No ,you need alot more that one form I'm afraid .
    They want tax forms and bank statements ,source of funds ,etc.
    Have a look on reddit at the amount of complaints.
    Peoples accounts being frozen for months on end.

I’ve never been asked for anything like this and as I said I put a lot of money through Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They ask for one document to verify source of funds in most cases.

I must be flying under the radar so. I was asked approx 16 months back to provide a passport as photo ID just prior to the Brexit/Financial licence proposed changes and since than 'nada'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

My linked BOI is only showing transactions up to 2 days ago. Quite a few since then are not showing. Probably a BOI problem. Its not as real-time as I was hoping for.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    My linked BOI is only showing transactions up to 2 days ago. Quite a few since then are not showing. Probably a BOI problem. Its not as real-time as I was hoping for.

Yes same for me with PTSB, pending transactions don't appear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

They ask for one document to verify source of funds in most cases.
    My account was frozen last year, after I tried to transfer €1000 to a bank account in my name. From my usage pattern, this was just a normal transfer, and I had been regularly transferring larger amounts for years with Revolut.

They blocked the transfer and all accounts, and demanded to see pay slips and bank statements for the last three months. I could understand the payslips, but the bank statements was a bit too much, in my opinion. They wanted to see not just the salary entering my account, but also all my spending for the last three months, just so that I can transfer 1k to myself?

It took over a week for them to unblock my account after I submitted what they wanted, and this was only after me chasing them a few times.

Thankfully I wasn't using the money to pay any bills. And if I had been using Revolut for everyday spending, then that money would have been blocked too. As much as I love Revolut (for FX and transfers), after this experience there is not a chance I will ever use it as a replacement for a proper bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It would be nice if it showed available balance too, but I guess it is only new they might enhance it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Thanks,

You have saved me the bother of setting this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

maximoose wrote: »
    It would be nice if it showed available balance too, but I guess it is only new they might enhance it a bit
    Does it not for PTSB? I'm set up with AIB and my overall balance is my Revolut plus AIB current minus credit card balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

New update seems to have reversed the one most recent transaction only showing on thee home screen.

Good move but Ive no idea what they were thinking implementing it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Its a shame theres no support for kbc

Or EBS which it would be of massive benefit as they have no app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Linked accounts are a brilliant addition. Much handier to check PTSB account balance in revolut than having to login to the PTSB app!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hopefully they will add it. Hate having to look at the kbc app.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

TheChizler wrote: »
    Does it not for PTSB? I'm set up with AIB and my overall balance is my Revolut plus AIB current minus credit card balance.

Which is rather stupid as your available balance will not be net of the credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Or EBS which it would be of massive benefit as they have no app.

That’s weird given thatEBS is under the same PSD2 obligations to facilitate open banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭This is it

Looking at the spending analytics when you have a linked bank account, it counts the transfer to revolut as a transaction and again the spending of that transferred money. So €150 from AIB to revolut, spend €150 using revolut = €300 spend. Not much point to it now since it would be wildly inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Which balance appears in the Revolut app for your PTSB account in this case, the balance before pending transactions are taken out, or the real balance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

Is there a limit on transferring money from BOI to Revolut daily by debit card? I tried today and it would only allow 5k to transfer. Do i have to wait another day to do the same transfer again?

blastman wrote: »
    Which balance appears in the Revolut app for your PTSB account in this case, the balance before pending transactions are taken out, or the real balance?

The balance before pending transactions which not the one you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

TripleSSS wrote: »
    Is there a limit on transferring money from BOI to Revolut daily by debit card? I tried today and it would only allow 5k to transfer. Do i have to wait another day to do the same transfer again?

That's a BOI issue so you'll have to check with them. I know in the case of KBC there's a limit of 5k per transfer and a daily limit of 15k (so you can do 5k three times).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

How did you guys get PTSB linked account working?

I get to the login page that asks for Online account ID and password but then get directed to a 202 error page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

wandererz wrote: »

I get to the login page that asks for Online account ID and password but then get directed to a 202 error page.

PTSB are having Open 24 issues at the moment. Probably related

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

wandererz wrote: »

Revolut seems to be having trouble atm, got declined a few times and their page showing faults atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Infini wrote: »
    Revolut seems to be having trouble atm, got declined a few times and their page showing faults atm.

Its PTSB rather than Revout I would imagine, I havent been able to log into my online banking for 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Its PTSB rather than Revout I would imagine, I havent been able to log into my online banking for 24hrs

PTSB is having issues:

We are currently experiencing an intermittent service interruption to our online banking service on Open24 Desktop and Mobile App. We are actively working to rectify the issue and will provide a further update as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My PTSB account is still showing fine in my revolut app, also used revolut a few times today, no issues either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Do the banks know that you've linked your account to revolut? I mean do BOI know that I've done it and thus have a revolut account and will want to see a revolut statement if I went for a mortgage for example?

Advertisement