Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Darrio

Dodge wrote: »
    Automatically from your CAD balance

However if you went to purchase something that costs CAD 17, it would be declined as it can only take from one ‘source’ currency

Oh and if you bought something for €10 they’d take it from your CAD balance as you don’t have enough in € but do in CAD

Sounds more complicated than it is tbh

Thanks Dodge, I was just checking it out. I am aware you have to have the funds there in advance to purchase but thank you for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with withdrawing from an atm in an applegreen with a Revolut card? I tried yesterday and the machine said first that there was a €2.95 fee and then said the card wasn't supported.

I have but it was over a year ago at this stage. But wasn't an issue once I made sure they didn't deduct in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I have but it was over a year ago at this stage. But wasn't an issue once I made sure they didn't deduct in sterling.

I didn't even get that far. I accepted the 2.95 charge and selected the amount to withdraw, it just immediately cancelled the transaction and said the card wasn't supported. I'd never had a problem before but this was the first time trying to withdraw with a new card they'd sent me.

Tried with my sister's card too though and she got the same message. Thankfully I could still use the card contactless so all isn't lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Darrio wrote: »
    Just opened up a revolut account, downloaded the App of course.

Just to try it, I just put €15 in the account. I changed €10 into CAD$15.37, so now have €5 and CAD$15.37 sitting in my account. The question is, when I get a Revolut card and lets say I was in Canada and purchased something for CAD$10, does the card automatically deduct this from my Canadian balance ?

Sorry, it is probably a silly question but just new to this.

Stay Safe

Yeah it comes out of the relevant currency account if you already have one opened on the app. If you don't, or you run out of the right currency it will deduct from your main (euro) account automatically, using the current exchange rate at that moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Does this new FX charge mean there are now cheaper options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Anyone else's app slow as crap at the moment? Can't log into app and if I do it's sluggish as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Anyone else's app slow as crap at the moment? Can't log into app and if I do it's sluggish as hell

Yeah, it's slow for me too with some requests just failing to execute.

Wonder are they having serious issues. I got a weird "Pending - Card Authorisation request" from a merchant called "Paypal* alsibeats". I have no idea what this transaction auth is so I froze my card, the app is struggling so much it took a few attempts to freeze my card.

Edit:
    https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1277913003833405442

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Wonder are they having serious issues. I got a weird "Pending - Card Authorisation request" from a merchant called "Paypal* alsibeats". I have no idea what this transaction auth is so I froze my card, the app is struggling so much it took a few attempts to freeze my card.

Edit:

Yeah, just had a transaction rejected in a shop. Tapped and chip and pin attempted. Had to use a different card. App very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

It's a bit of a pain that you always need to carry another card just in case. It kind of defeats the purpose a bit. Would N26 be more reliable or would they have down time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Edit:

I'm worried that this could become more common, now that they have trading in the app.

A volatile day in the markets could have the app inundated with people trying to trade, and cause problems for everyone...

• Advertisement

It's a bit of a pain that you always need to carry another card just in case. It kind of defeats the purpose a bit. Would N26 be more reliable or would they have down time too.

I really don’t think there is much of an issue with downtime. As I’ve said earlier in the thread I use the card almost daily, pretty much all my spending goes through it and I’ve never had a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Gael23 wrote: »
    Does this new FX charge mean there are now cheaper options?

Also interested in this.

Is it time to pay more attention to N26?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

My mum received her first revolut card this morning, different design then mine with the number on the back etc! However I noticed that in small writing on the back it says "debit" where as my own one says "prepaid" in small black writing. What would the actual difference with this be and is it significant at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I've a backup card setup with Google pay on my phone. So no need to carry an extra card if you're with a bank that supports it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

timetogo1 wrote:
    So no need to carry an extra card if you're with a bank that supports it.

I'm not unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

My mum received her first revolut card this morning, different design then mine with the number on the back etc! However I noticed that in small writing on the back it says "debit" where as my own one says "prepaid" in small black writing. What would the actual difference with this be and is it significant at all?

Revolut started out with Prepaid Credit cards. Then migrated to Prepaid Debit and since then pretty much just Debit.

There isn't a huge difference, with one minor thing: Revolut cards, that are coded as Credit cards can't be used in some places like the post office.

If the card is coded correctly for Ireland and is coded Debit, then it'll actually work there. Never used to work for me, but the last Mastercard I got issued by Revolut is coded for Ireland and is a Debit card and I've actually successfully used that in the post office.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

It's probably the wrong thread but there's probably people here with the knowledge to answer the question. i'm trying to buy from Currys.co.uk with Revolut and ship to parcel wizard but it's looking like they don't ship to parcel lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Marlow wrote: »
    Revolut started out with Prepaid Credit cards. Then migrated to Prepaid Debit and since then pretty much just Debit.

There isn't a huge difference, with one minor thing: Revolut cards, that are coded as Credit cards can't be used in some places like the post office.

If the card is coded correctly for Ireland and is coded Debit, then it'll actually work there. Never used to work for me, but the last Mastercard I got issued by Revolut is coded for Ireland and is a Debit card and I've actually successfully used that in the post office.

/M

Interesting! This is a visa one which says debit in small black writing on the back whereas mine does say prepaid. She will just use it for a few weeks and see. Wonder if ATMs etc still charge extra because its "prepaid" as some do when abroad etc. Thanks for the reply!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It's probably the wrong thread but there's probably people here with the knowledge to answer the question. i'm trying to buy from Currys.co.uk with Revolut and ship to parcel wizard but it's looking like they don't ship to parcel lockers

You might have better luck in the online shopping forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Interesting! This is a visa one which says debit in small black writing on the back whereas mine does say prepaid. She will just use it for a few weeks and see. Wonder if ATMs etc still charge extra because its "prepaid" as some do when abroad etc. Thanks for the reply!

You can check what it's coded for on https://binlist.net/

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

IME, UK/NI firms will not accept online orders unless the address for the card matches the delivery address. This seems to be especially so if the company has a branch in ROI.

If you have a usable NI address for at least the first order, you might be able to nominate a parcel wizard address for the next and following purchases, but it's not a definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

RoYoBo wrote: »
    IME, UK/NI firms will not accept online orders unless the address for the card matches the delivery address. This seems to be especially so if the company has a branch in ROI.

If you have a usable NI address for at least the first order, you might be able to nominate a parcel wizard address for the next and following purchases, but it's not a definite.

I managed to order on the Curry's ebay store using parcel wizard and PayPal using Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I managed to order on the Curry's ebay store using parcel wizard and PayPal using Revolut

Yes, Paypal is a way around this - I assume you've ordered UK stuff to the Parcel Wizard address via Paypal/Ebay before? It's a good option, but the filtering of the payment can sometimes result in problems getting a refund.

I'm currently waiting on €500 to be refunded to my Revolut for a failed order to Argos UK via Paypal and it's a right nuisance being subject to 3 sets of T&Cs while the money is effectively gone from your Revolut account until everyone fulfils their waiting periods for same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I linked my ulsterbank account last night out of curiousity.
    Isnit only to get insights into budget is the only thing you can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I used that before & it was a Disaster between cancelling .my order no ans emails & trying to get my money back.They are a shower of Scumbags & that's too good a word look @ their reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Anybody having issues with PTSB and Revolut?

Just went to transfer some funds from my PTSB current a/c to Revolut, asked by Revolut to verify my card. No problem, enter the details which then needs to be validated by a six digit code sent by sms to my phone from PTSB. Tried 4 times, PTSB are not sending the code. Tried other PTSB services for which an sms code is needed, code arrived instantaneously.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is it deliberate ploy by PTSB to prevent its customers using Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with PTSB and Revolut?

Just went to transfer some funds from my PTSB current a/c to Revolut, asked by Revolut to verify my card. No problem, enter the details which then needs to be validated by a six digit code sent by sms to my phone from PTSB. Tried 4 times, PTSB are not sending the code. Tried other PTSB services for which an sms code is needed, code arrived instantaneously.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is it deliberate ploy by PTSB to prevent its customers using Revolut?

Are you with GoMo by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

madmoe wrote: »
    Are you with GoMo by any chance?

No, with VF. Eventually got it to go through and got the sms code about an hour ago. Just a bit suspicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Ok, this is a very silly thing to ask, but is it possible in the new app to label each transaction?

I only updated my app last week and I wish I hadn't. I hate the new one. I'm not finding it very intuitive as to where things are and have also had issues confirming transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mav11 wrote: »
    No, with VF. Eventually got it to go through and got the sms code about an hour ago. Just a bit suspicious :)
    Vodafone was having an issue with the receipt of some SMS earlier.

Advertisement