Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Ulster Bank NI still don't have contactless!!!!

wll thats just not true :rolleyes:

ive a card with them that is contactless

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am a bit confused buy multiple threads across a number of forums on boards.

What smart watches / operating systems work with Revolut in Ireland?

From what I can see, Samsung watches don't support it (an issue with Samsung Pay).

Fitbut do I think, anyone know if a Fossil watch on Google OS Wear works ? Or is Google OS Wear not supported here regardless of watch brand?

Have an Android phone so the fact an apple watch supports it first help me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Looking to buy a car in the UK with Revolut looking like the best example.

I'm trying to transfer money from my AIB to Revolut via a bank transfer. I can't seem to add the account as a Payee but need to do an international transfer. Is this correct?

Any idea how long a standard vs urgent transfer takes from AIB to Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

username?! wrote: »
    Looking to buy a car in the UK with Revolut looking like the best example.

I'm trying to transfer money from my AIB to Revolut via a bank transfer. I can't seem to add the account as a Payee but need to do an international transfer. Is this correct?

Any idea how long a standard vs urgent transfer takes from AIB to Revolut?

Top up in revolut app with your Debit card, daily limits apply I think, you might need to do it over a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

sydthebeat wrote: »
    What's this about sms needed to send and approve payments???

I don't need to do that for people on my contacts list

I guess OP's friends don't have revolut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

McGaggs wrote: »
    I guess OP's friends don't have revolut
    Or they don't have friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Poncke wrote: »
    If I have 15 euro on my card, to pay 15.01 contactless, I need to top up first, waiting at the till. Again, why not let the app pull funds from my account?

That situation doesn't often arise because:

At the start of each month I transfer all my month's "spending money" to Revolut, because my Irish bank's mobile app and daily-spending "features" are so crap they're basically non-existent (BOI).

So I get paid into BOI. Bills and other direct debit's come out of that. And one lump of spending money to my Revolut card.

As an undisciplined kind of person, this has done wonders for my monthly spending and passive savings. Super easy to keep tabs on and limit my spending in Revolut, and the BOI account just quietly grows each month with anything that's left over.

I'm not concerned about money "sitting on my Revolut card doing nothing" any more than I am about money sitting in my BOI or any other account. It's just another bank account, in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Goodshape wrote: »

At the start of each month I transfer all my month's "spending money" to Revolut, because my Irish bank's mobile app and daily-spending "features" are so crap they're basically non-existent (BOI).

So I get paid into BOI. Bills and other direct debit's come out of that. And one lump of spending money to my Revolut card.

As an undisciplined kind of person, this has done wonders for my monthly spending and passive savings. Super easy to keep tabs on and limit my spending in Revolut, and the BOI account just quietly grows each month with anything that's left over.

I'm not concerned about money "sitting on my Revolut card doing nothing" any more than I am about money sitting in my BOI or any other account. It's just another bank account, in practice.

Same as me. Paid into N26, frivolous spending budget is transferred to revolut while DDs come out of N26 as well as SOs to savings accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Exactly what I do also, and I love taping my phone, never have cash anymore.
    BOI also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Except one has deposit protection and the other does not , now if all your putting in is frivolous expenditure , by its nature that is a risk you are probably ok with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kilboor wrote: »
    Fyi n26 has instant top up now

Which they charge commission on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Except one has deposit protection and the other does not , now if all your putting in is frivolous expenditure , by its nature that is a risk you are probably ok with.

Precisely, yeah. It's not money I'd like to loose, but if the worst does happen then I'm happy that my rent, bills, savings, and everything else is still safe and where it needs to be.

And the features on Revolut for daily spending are pretty great tbh. Really wish they'd back off with the extra features though. Typical software company chasing rapid growth, afraid to just go slow and do one or two things really well. Got an email from them about some stupid digital gifts thing recently. And they wanted me to rate merchants or some nonsense (switched that off).

Stuff like that would make me look for an alternative but, for the moment anyway, it's the best I've tried. And I think I'll always want to do some sort of two-current-accounts setup in future.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think one Revolut thread is plenty. Will try and merge them.

Revolut have raised another 80m to fund new services.

Have said it before, these investors will want a return on their money one day, Revolut will have to monetise its services to the mass market soon enough

Revolut raises additional $80m for new services (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/revolut-raises-additional-80m-for-new-services-1.4312952

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Revolut have raised another 80m to fund new services.

Have said it before, these investors will want a return on their money one day, Revolut will have to monetise its services to the mass market soon enough

Revolut raises additional $80m for new services (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/revolut-raises-additional-80m-for-new-services-1.4312952

Ya def with all them venture capitalists they be def looking for a return on their money soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allrightya

Has or is anyone experiencing issues trying to get a statement out of the revolut app? Get the pop-up - "We are sorry we are experiencing problems. Please try again later"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

allrightya wrote:
    Has or is anyone experiencing issues trying to get a statement out of the revolut app? Get the pop-up - "We are sorry we are experiencing problems. Please try again later"

Just checked on mine I was able to get a statement. I'm still using the old app, don't know if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

I'm trying to open a junior account for my daughter.
    Revolut app only letting this happen if I upgrade from standard.

Am I missing something?
    Thought it was free?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

kuang1 wrote: »
    I'm trying to open a junior account for my daughter.
    Revolut app only letting this happen if I upgrade from standard.

Am I missing something?
    Thought it was free?

Not free for standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

OU812 wrote: »
    Not free for standard.

It is on mine

"On your standard plan you can get one junior account with a €40.00 monthly top-up limit"

If I say "not now" to the upgrade option it takes me to a screen to input child details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

OU812 wrote: »
    Not free for standard.

I’ve a standard acc and I’ve a junior account on mine, the introduced a free junior acc with a limit of €40 for standard account holders about a week or so ago.

Dunno what's going on so if that's the case. I upgraded the app too just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Just talking to a friend of mine who created a junior account last night for his kid and was for free on a standard account.

He's iPhone and I'm android, but surely that's not the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Nope. I'm on android and have the option.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kuang1 wrote: »
    Dunno what's going on so if that's the case. I upgraded the app too just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Just talking to a friend of mine who created a junior account last night for his kid and was for free on a standard account.

He's iPhone and I'm android, but surely that's not the issue?

My sister is android and she was able to create one for her son last week, so I doubt it’s that either.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My sister is android and she was able to create one for her son last week, so I doubt it’s that either.

And now it has worked!

Haven't a notion what went on there. Must have gone through the motions 30 times and every time I pressed "not now" I was getting directed to the upgrade screen.

And on the 31st attempt I got to input my daughter's details... Infuriating but done.

For anyone thinking about this, the app says the offer ends 1 August 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi does the person opening a Revolut account have to have online banking to link a debit card to it in other words do they send a code to your account you need to give them to activate a debit card on a account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi does the person opening a Revolut account have to have online banking to link a debit card to it in other words do they send a code to your account you need to give them to activate a debit card on a account.
    Just the usual Verified by Visa or Mastercard Securecode that you'd normally use for online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Hi all,

I am trying to get a statement from the Revolut app.
    When I select the months I need it for there's a problem.
    I'm greeted with an on screen message that says "we're sorry something has gone wrong. Please try later"
    Does anyone know a fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭homingbird

TheChizler wrote: »
    Just the usual Verified by Visa or Mastercard Securecode that you'd normally use for online shopping.

Thanks its so long since i did it myself i have to set it up for a friend this week & dont want the hassel of asking him setup online banking.

Advertisement