Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sorry if this has been asked before but iv'e been asked twice in the space of a month to confirm my ID with the Basic Plan.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Have you ever confirmed your ID before?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have you ever confirmed your ID before?

When i first joined i did then as my Passport was just about to expire last month i was asked again which i did when i got a new one.

Was asked again yesterday to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mine was an attempted top-up on DPD.

Via PayPal should have worked.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mr.S wrote: »
    Will be interesting what happens when Revolut increases prices. Being free it obviously a big attraction but that can't last forever.

The FX limit of 1k is also crazy low if you go on any sort of long holiday (remember those!) - fully see them restricting that further on the free plan to get people onto the paid tiers.

Competition is good either way.

They have yet to implement the 1k limits on FX, was supposed to have been introduced last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Mr.S wrote: »
    Will be interesting what happens when Revolut increases prices. Being free it obviously a big attraction but that can't last forever.

The FX limit of 1k is also crazy low if you go on any sort of long holiday (remember those!) - fully see them restricting that further on the free plan to get people onto the paid tiers.

Competition is good either way.

Just pay for premium for the month you're going on hols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

How do you cancel premium or am I locked in for 12 months?

cavan4sam wrote: »

It's monthly, just pay for a month then cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

cavan4sam wrote: »

Username checks out

There's a cooling off period you can cancel in the t&cs it depends if you signed up for the monthly or annual method

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Username checks out

There's a cooling off period you can cancel in the t&cs it depends if you signed up for the monthly or annual method

If you cancel within cooling off period and got a new card, you will have to pay significant fees.

If you pay monthly, you also have to pay 2 month of breakage fee.

It's outlined here:
    https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/premium-and-metal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Username checks out

It sure does... I'll have a look at cancelling when I'm finished my bank transfer, Im peeved at how I wasn't able to top up the amount I wanted after upgrading so I don't see any huge benefits to what I use it for, it seems after upgrading you are treated as a new customer even though I'd been using it for over 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone have the problem when trying to get someone to pay you, Revolut sends an email asking you to sign up to the app ro claim the cash.

This is after I've added the contact and sent a request and the other person pays it ?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Anyone have the problem when trying to get someone to pay you, Revolut sends an email asking you to sign up to the app ro claim the cash.

This is after I've added the contact and sent a request and the other person pays it ?

Open the link from the email on the device where your Revolut app is installed, it should work then

Spocker wrote: »
    Open the link from the email on the device where your Revolut app is installed, it should work then

Tried that and it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lol
    "You'll have the trust of the An Post brand, the user experience of Revolut. And we have the retail network of 950 post offices."

......And the banking fees of an Irish bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hi

I was looking at some FX just now and the google range gives me a better exchange than Revolut. It's usually the other way around.

Is this normal?

Thank you

Hi

I was looking at some FX just now and the google range gives me a better exchange than Revolut. It's usually the other way around.

Is this normal?

Thank you

Is google not quoting wholesale instead of retail ranges?

Can't seem to top up at the moment and the app says there are issues with some Revolut Visa cards (not Mastercards).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's usually the other way around.

Is this normal?

You’ve answered yourself there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anyone else having issues with Revolut last few days? Money in my account was reduced despite my card being declined. I also had a friend send me money trhough app, but I only got half the amount sent back to me.

I also had the misfortune to speak to one of their live agents, really rude and terrible customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Is google not quoting wholesale instead of retail ranges?

Oh I don't know sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My exchange limit has finally gone down to 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

I still see 6000.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

I'm still @ 6K

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Money in my account was reduced despite my card being declined.

Is the transaction showing as "Pending"? If so your balance will update in a few days (may take 10). This is normal for failed transactions - a declined transaction should show as "declined" in the app and not affect your balance.
    I also had a friend send me money trhough app, but I only got half the amount sent back to me.

Did you use the "split bill" feature as by default this will split your bill in half and request half from your friend?

Just pay for premium for the month you're going on hols

Or just convert money in the months leading up to your holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭SomeDude

Hi All,

I opened a Revolut account a few days ago and linked it to my AIB account. It’s showing my AIB balance in the Revolut app, but there are no historic or recent AIB transactions. Anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Same for BOI. Linking does not seem to work very well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I would consider it a very unwise move in any case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What’s the cost of transactions on stocks and crypto on the standard platform?

If I invest €100 (for example) how much gets invested?

Advertisement