Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, what I mean is if the poster has little or no money in the account and doesn't need to use it right now, having it frozen until they get their new passport wouldn't be an issue.

But it is not frozen until they get a new passport, it is frozen, that matter is reported to that authorities and then you have to get the authority to agree to release the assets.

And trust me, this is not a place you want to go. Once you are flagged up as a potential money launderer they will want to look at everything not just that one account.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Jim2007 wrote: »
    But it is not frozen until they get a new passport, it is frozen, that matter is reported to that authorities and then you have to get the authority to agree to release the assets.

And trust me, this is not a place you want to go. Once you are flagged up as a potential money launderer they will want to look at everything not just that one account.
    They can let Revolut know that they currently don't have a valid passport and will be in touch when they get a new one. If there is little or no money in the account, there is no issue. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Monthly exchange limit now showing as €1,000 for me on standard plan.

Same for me. It does show you the fee clearly on the fly when you are in the currency converter. To exchange $3100 to Euro the fee is about €7.90.

Premium monthly is €7.99 so unless you are exchanging a decent chunk each month I’d just stick with standard and pay the 0.5% fee

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Still showing as €6000 for me on standard plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's unlikely though. I've been ignoring the requests for probably a year, I've no idea, for new ID to replace my driving licence I used when originally signing up. I only submitted it within the last couple of weeks as I was sitting by my passport. Only then did I realise my DOB has been wrong all along in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I'll be travelling to London next month and I see that an Oyster Card is now not entirely necessary for the London Underground and Buses.

Has anyone here used Revolut contactless on the London Underground? How does it work? I presume it is like this? - Debit say £5.00 upon tap-in and refund the difference based on whatever the fare was in the zone when you tap-out? Maybe debiting £5.00 but refund £1.80 if the chargeable fare for the journey was say £3.20?

The London bus is £1.50 on tap-in irregardless of distance.

I have watched some youtube videos and they have a common theme of mentioning how often foreign contactless cards are often rejected on the London Underground. When I was in London back in 2018 last I could not get my Revolut contactless card to work and needed to buy an oyster card for £5.00.

Considering I will just be in transit in London, straight from Heathrow to hotel and back the following morning a simple bus journey may suffice me if I decide not to head into the city centre by tube that night. I would prefer to use contactless on my Revolut if possible to avoid wasting time and the £5.00 to buy a new Oyster card now, plus the covid petri dish that are those machines to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

I used it about a year ago, downloaded the oyster app, added my revolut card and worked with absolutely no issues, the same way as if I had my physical oyster card.

What are you on about, if you have no money in Revolut what “assets” can they freeze? Nothing is the answer.

I ignored the request to update Id for about 3 months out of sheer laziness I was using Revolut multiple times per day and always had money in it, often decent amounts and I never got anything frozen.

If you don’t feel like ever giving them your ID again you could just close the account and forget about it, where are you getting “flagged as a money launderer” from? You do some serious scaremongering in these threads that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I used it about a year ago, downloaded the oyster app, added my revolut card and worked with absolutely no issues, the same way as if I had my physical oyster card.

Ok, so do you need the oyster app? Is it compatible with iPhones? Back in 2018 I was just tapping my Revolut the same as if I was paying in Lidl or Aldi here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

theguzman wrote: »
    Ok, so do you need the oyster app? Is it compatible with iPhones? Back in 2018 I was just tapping my Revolut the same as if I was paying in Lidl or Aldi here.

You don't need the Oyster app, you can just tap on tap off with the physical card. I had no issues with it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Just for anyone interested. Rang VHi and have been able to get them to setup a DD to the GB IBAN revolut supply while their own "my vhi" doesnt allow for this. The agent can override the "IE critera"

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭drogon.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but you can now log onto your Revolut account via a web browser as well - https://app.revolut.com/start

Very limited feature, but can come in handy in certain circumstances.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just for anyone interested. Rang VHi and have been able to get them to setup a DD to the GB IBAN revolut supply while their own "my vhi" doesnt allow for this. The agent can override the "IE critera"

Started getting my claims paid to my revolut account too (via snap and claim in the app).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

theguzman wrote: »
    I'll be travelling to London next month and I see that an Oyster Card is now not entirely necessary for the London Underground and Buses.

Has anyone here used Revolut contactless on the London Underground? How does it work? I presume it is like this? - Debit say £5.00 upon tap-in and refund the difference based on whatever the fare was in the zone when you tap-out? Maybe debiting £5.00 but refund £1.80 if the chargeable fare for the journey was say £3.20?

The London bus is £1.50 on tap-in irregardless of distance.

I have watched some youtube videos and they have a common theme of mentioning how often foreign contactless cards are often rejected on the London Underground. When I was in London back in 2018 last I could not get my Revolut contactless card to work and needed to buy an oyster card for £5.00.

Considering I will just be in transit in London, straight from Heathrow to hotel and back the following morning a simple bus journey may suffice me if I decide not to head into the city centre by tube that night. I would prefer to use contactless on my Revolut if possible to avoid wasting time and the £5.00 to buy a new Oyster card now, plus the covid petri dish that are those machines to begin with.
    A single charge is put through reflecting the usage throughout the day capped at the equivalent of a zone day ticket if it would otherwise breach that. If you use it over a week the charges are capped at the weekly ticket price. Make sure that you use the same card each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

You don't need the Oyster app, you can just tap on tap off with the physical card. I had no issues with it last year

Make sure you Tap Off as they will hit you hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/banking/revolut-to-move-regulation-of-irish-accounts-to-lithuania-39579517.html

The move will mean its customers here who have direct debits and other recurring payments coming from their Revolut accounts will have to contact any companies paid regularly from their accounts to update them about this.

This is because the Revolut IBAN (International Bank Account Number) will change from one that starts with GB to one that starts with LT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Delta2113 wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/banking/revolut-to-move-regulation-of-irish-accounts-to-lithuania-39579517.html

The move will mean its customers here who have direct debits and other recurring payments coming from their Revolut accounts will have to contact any companies paid regularly from their accounts to update them about this.

This is because the Revolut IBAN (International Bank Account Number) will change from one that starts with GB to one that starts with LT.

Brilliant, only in middle of still moving to the GB one

Electric Ireland and Virgin Media in the dark ages and needed a piece of paper with Iban etc on them posted in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

jeffk wrote: »

Electric Ireland and Virgin Media in the dark ages and needed a piece of paper with Iban etc on them posted in

I gave Electric ireland my IBAN over the phone last month and did Virgin Media online.

I gave Electric ireland my IBAN over the phone last month and did Virgin Media online.

I was told as both GB had to fill in form etc

I put in GB Iban in virgin media and gave error and about a week later someone called, after a week still on giro payment not new direct debt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Virgin Media don't, I changed mine the other day. Go to Bills & Payments menu and then My Billing options

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

I was told as both GB had to fill in form etc

I put in GB Iban in virgin media and gave error and about a week later someone called, after a week still on giro payment not new direct debt

Sorry, missed this...have you tried making a card payment on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

And you might need to move again. I just got an email saying they'd be moving me to the Lithuania licence in a couple of months but they were also in the process of applying for electronic institution license in Ireland and they'd be moving me to that once they get authorisation from the Central Bank of Ireland.

Yesterday, they asked me to re-verify my identity. Not sure if that's related to getting the email today.

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Sorry, missed this...have you tried making a card payment on the website?

Yeah I paid as a bill came in between moving from BOI to revolut

Worse case I'll stick with pay as I go with card and see if electric ireland do similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭beachhead

Last 2 posters are 100% correct -- tap on tap off.Get a charged a daily total with a daily or weekly cap

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Virgin Media don't, I changed mine the other day. Go to Bills & Payments menu and then My Billing options

I tried with with GB iban and got some warning or error and telling me to fill in a direct debt mandate form

Over a week gone in and still not back to direct debt, cant ring as hold time over a hour and nothing :rolleyes:

Electric Ireland

"This Direct Debit form is for ROI bank accounts only. If you want to use a non-Irish bank account please download and print the following mandate."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Delta2113 wrote: »

Not only ‘direct debits and recurring payments’.. surely.

Won’t it also affect people who send money to their Revolut account via EFT from other bank accounts? I have my Revolut account defined as a payee in my EBS and credit union accounts so both of those will need changing - yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

drogon. wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned already, but you can now log onto your Revolut account via a web browser as well - https://app.revolut.com/start

Great to see abit of action on the website, Its very basic alright but hope they add as they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

coylemj wrote: »
    Not only ‘direct debits and recurring payments’.. surely.

Won’t it also affect people who send money to their Revolut account via EFT from other bank accounts? I have my Revolut account defined as a payee in my EBS and credit union accounts so both of those will need changing - yes?

- Yes. If however you use a bank card say from EBS to top up I think it will still work or if you have Netflix in your Turkish holiday home on Revolut it will continue working (I hope).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

drogon. wrote: »

Nice, will use this for checking transactions. Never understood why they changed the default transactions view to just the last transaction on the app.

Advertisement