Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Paid for a couple things today, haven't been taken from revolut balance yet... Any one else experiencing delays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Girlfriend send me money last Tuesday to my n26 account....Took a bloody week to arrive today....I sent from my own kbc to N26 and would be there the next day....BOI is taking the piss here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Can anyone help me figure out how to declare by Revolut card currency is Sterling on Amazon? In my account I can see that I have assigned my PTSB card as being in Pound Sterling in my payment methods, but my Revolut cards don't display the option to set the currency. The temporary hold transactions appear in the Euro Revolut account.

When I get to the checkout I don't get option to decide what currency I want to charge it in. I guess this is due to Revolut been seen as a pre-pay card but will the sterling figure be deducted from the sterling account, or will they do their conversion first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Hurrache wrote: »
    Can anyone help me figure out how to declare by Revolut card currency is Sterling on Amazon? In my account I can see that I have assigned my PTSB card as being in Pound Sterling in my payment methods, but my Revolut cards don't display the option to set the currency. The temporary hold transactions appear in the Euro Revolut account.

When I get to the checkout I don't get option to decide what currency I want to charge it in. I guess this is due to Revolut been seen as a pre-pay card but will the sterling figure be deducted from the sterling account, or will they do their conversion first?

Revolut is a sterling card, it'll take the money from your Euro balance and convert to sterling as you pay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cheers, explains why I don't get the option to designate it an sterling account like it does with my Irish card. And I guess that explains why I don't get the conversion option either at checkout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Revolut is a sterling card, it'll take the money from your Euro balance and convert to sterling as you pay
    It depends on the Revolut card. Some supplied here are coded as Irish while others are coded as UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lucylou2020

Could someone help me possibly?...I have set up a Revolut account for my husband tonight and added a virtual card. I have spent over an hour trying to add money using his Ulster Bank business card but keep getting the same message saying "Oops...something went wrong". I can't figure out what the problem is. Have checked all personal details and everything appears correct.
    I myself have a similar set up with Revolut which is linked to my BOI account and have never had any issues.

Would the issue be with Ulster bank and the fact that the account is a business account?
    Many thanks in advance

Could someone help me possibly?...I have set up a Revolut account for my husband tonight and added a virtual card. I have spent over an hour trying to add money using his Ulster Bank business card but keep getting the same message saying "Oops...something went wrong". I can't figure out what the problem is. Have checked all personal details and everything appears correct.
    I myself have a similar set up with Revolut which is linked to my BOI account and have never had any issues.

Would the issue be with Ulster bank and the fact that the account is a business account?
    Many thanks in advance

Instead of adding his bank account, add money and instead of bank transfer select debit or credit card

Instead of adding his bank account, add money and instead of bank transfer select debit or credit card

Thank you for your reply. That is what I did try. I tried adding money using his bank card as that is what I do with my own account. I have never set up a transfer before so went with the easiest option. Just baffled that it won't allow me to add any money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Thank you for your reply. That is what I did try. I tried adding money using his bank card as that is what I do with my own account. I have never set up a transfer before so went with the easiest option. Just baffled that it won't allow me to add any money

is the card in his name and not the business name?

• Advertisement

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    is the card in his name and not the business name?

Yes it is in his name. I wonder would Ulster bank have stopped it because it is Revolut? I essentially want to clean up his account as he taps his card several times a day now. I will try adding money again tonight. Hopefully it is just a glitch in the system

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Yes it is in his name. I wonder would Ulster bank have stopped it because it is Revolut? I essentially want to clean up his account as he taps his card several times a day now. I will try adding money again tonight. Hopefully it is just a glitch in the system
    Can he make other online purchases with it? Is it this one? The Ts&Cs don't specifically say it can be used online, while the ones for other cards do.

https://digital.ulsterbank.ie/business/cards/business-card.html

The company mightn't allow cashback with it either which Revolut top-ups are treated as.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

I have spent over an hour trying to add money using his Ulster Bank business card but keep getting the same message saying "Oops...something went wrong". ...

This might sound bizarre but I have found some odd issues that result in the generic "Oops...something went wrong" message can be fixed by ensuring you have a valid Eircode set under your personal details in the Revolut app.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Can he make other online purchases with it? Is it this one? The Ts&Cs don't specifically say it can be used online, while the ones for other cards do.

https://digital.ulsterbank.ie/business/cards/business-card.html

The company mightn't allow cashback with it either which Revolut top-ups are treated as.

Yes that must be it. He has this account years. It is essentially a personal account but because he farms alongside his main job, it is a business account for that reason. He can do everything that I can do with my current account. He has it linked to PayPal, gets regular cashback, etc. Am just baffled. Will try it again tonight when he gets in from work. Many thanks for all your help

msmx5 wrote: »
    This might sound bizarre but I have found some odd issues that result in the generic "Oops...something went wrong" message can be fixed by ensuring you have a valid Eircode set under your personal details in the Revolut app.

Yes have the eircode set on it. Checked that last night also. It's a pity that Revolut doesn't give an explanation for not processing the transaction e.g contact your bank. At least you would therefore know which end the problem lies with!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yes that must be it. He has this account years. It is essentially a personal account but because he farms alongside his main job, it is a business account for that reason. He can do everything that I can do with my current account. He has it linked to PayPal, gets regular cashback, etc. Am just baffled. Will try it again tonight when he gets in from work. Many thanks for all your help
    Be aware that Revolut charges a 1% fee for top-ups using commercial cards.

Quackster wrote: »
    Be aware that Revolut charges a 1% fee for top-ups using commercial cards.

Thank you for that information. I didn't realise that. Would I be better setting up a bank transfer instead?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thank you for that information. I didn't realise that. Would I be better setting up a bank transfer instead?

Yes bank transfers would avoid that, i actually sent cash from n26 to revolut instead of doing a top up in error.

Only took a few hours so no big inconvenience as topup would be immediate.

Yes bank transfers would avoid that, i actually sent cash from n26 to revolut instead of doing a top up in error.

Thanks very much. Will try that so.

Ireland to host Revolut's entire European Operations according to this article in tidays business Post (can't link as it behind paywall).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Anyone else app keeps crashing?
    On android but can't get into the app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

yop wrote: »

Same had to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

yop wrote: »

Yes had that too but update sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is anyone using The Junior account? Do you get an account number that other people can transfer money to the junior account?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Is anyone using The Junior account? Do you get an account number that other people can transfer money to the junior account?

Afraid not, it's an extension of your own/parent account. The only way to credit the card is for you to transfer in, subject to a monthly cap depending on your plan. €40/month for free accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Hiya, maybe you can help. I am expecting a payment of €300 to my Revolut, coming from a N26 card, somebody paying for an item I'm selling. The guy did a test payment of €1 on Friday and it took about 4 hours to appear on my Revolut account. He sent the 300 at around 7.00pm on Friday evening and it still hasn't appeared. Do N26 take the weekends off or something !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

If it was SEPA, then yes.

Hiya, maybe you can help. I am expecting a payment of €300 to my Revolut, coming from a N26 card, somebody paying for an item I'm selling. The guy did a test payment of €1 on Friday and it took about 4 hours to appear on my Revolut account. He sent the 300 at around 7.00pm on Friday evening and it still hasn't appeared. Do N26 take the weekends off or something !!!!

If they opened a Revolut account and transferred it would've been instant but Sepa will be Monday-Friday

You should have by lunch time tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

ciarsd wrote: »
    Afraid not, it's an extension of your own/parent account. The only way to credit the card is for you to transfer in, subject to a monthly cap depending on your plan. €40/month for free accounts.

Just to add this, only one parent can top up (eg I set up the junior account so only I have access to it, Mrs Dodge doesn’t)

Not a big deal for us, just pointing it out. Works well for our needs (but clearly is very limited)

Advertisement