Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

techdiver wrote: »
    Quick question for any of you more knowledgeable then me.

I use revolut for most cross border purchases from amazon etc and love it.

Does Revolut provide the same cover as a credit card for purchases, such Shopping Protection etc as described here - https://www.mastercard.ie/en-ie/consumers/features-benefits/card-benefits.html

I want to make a big purchase in Sterling, but want to know if it's worth the saving using revolut.

No idea but why not pay with PayPal using your revolut card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Quick question for any of you more knowledgeable then me.

I use revolut for most cross border purchases from amazon etc and love it.

Does Revolut provide the same cover as a credit card for purchases, such Shopping Protection etc as described here - https://www.mastercard.ie/en-ie/consumers/features-benefits/card-benefits.html

I want to make a big purchase in Sterling, but want to know if it's worth the saving using revolut.

I had an issue with an American company some time ago. I was able to do a charge back through REVOLUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

I've also successfully got a chargeback via Revolut in relation to a purchase from a merchant who was a scam artist, didn't deliver and ignored all my communication. I've posted details earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Wizard

Hi guys,
    Just got my revolut card and added it to my PayPal but it's not showing when I try to transfer funds from PayPal ? Only my bank account showing ?
    Can I transfer funds to revolut ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hi,

I am looking into transferring funds via the sale of shares from my etrade account to my revolut US$ account to save on the exchange rate fees.

Does anyone know if it is as simple as providing my IBAN and BIC for my Revolut US account or do I need to provide additional info? I ask, as it states on the Revolut app that "unique IBAN's are coming soon" - so if my IBAN is not unique, how can i be sure that the funds will reach my account?

Also, my etrade account is set up with just my first name, whereas my Revolut account is set up with my first and middle name, would that cause an issue with the transfer?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Merged another couple of threads.

Let's use this thread for everything Revoult related - it's tidier that way, and you will get a much better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭maik3n

Wizard wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just got my revolut card and added it to my PayPal but it's not showing when I try to transfer funds from PayPal ? Only my bank account showing ?
    Can I transfer funds to revolut ?
    Do you mean you can't transfer paypal monies to your revolut card?

I think you have to add your revolut bank details, (instead of your card details) to your paypal account (some verification required) and then you can withdraw your funds from paypal.
    The money will then show up in your revolut balance. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

PHG wrote: »
    I am a big fan of Revolut and use it every day and has saved me 000's. However, don't use those services from them. That is crazy expensive for device insurance. Plus check the excess on the policy likely quite high

Hi, I’d be interested to hear what you pay and where as that Sounds very cheap. I pay 10.99 a month with gadget insurance and it was cheaper than the alternatives I could find. The Revolut is only about 4.50 per month at 1.11 a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hi, I’d be interested to hear what you pay and where as that Sounds very cheap. I pay 10.99 a month with gadget insurance and it was cheaper than the alternatives I could find. The Revolut is only about 4.50 per month at 1.11 a week.

I'm the same, going to check out their T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking into transferring funds via the sale of shares from my etrade account to my revolut US$ account to save on the exchange rate fees.

Does anyone know if it is as simple as providing my IBAN and BIC for my Revolut US account or do I need to provide additional info? I ask, as it states on the Revolut app that "unique IBAN's are coming soon" - so if my IBAN is not unique, how can i be sure that the funds will reach my account?

Also, my etrade account is set up with just my first name, whereas my Revolut account is set up with my first and middle name, would that cause an issue with the transfer?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Yes I’ve done this exact thing not a bother . Just needed IBAN as far as I remember but my name had to be an exact match and I had to change the name on my eTrade account ( e.g. Pat was on eTrade but Patrick on bank account ). Also Revolut held the transfer pending verification of where the funds came from, but all was grand once I uploaded eTrade statement.

So, in short, it does work, there is a bit of admin work the first time, but you save a lot in fees and exchange rates that Irish banks and/or eTrade fleece you on otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 pickneary

BKWDR wrote: »
    No idea but why not pay with PayPal using your revolut card

Do PayPal have hidden charges?

Occasionally I send money to USA with PayPal. is there away round this using my Revoult card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

pickneary wrote: »

Occasionally I send money to USA with PayPal. is there away round this using my Revoult card

The other person have revolut? Route 1 is the easiest way.

Short of that, make a transfer to their IBAN in the Revolut app

I tried to set my mother up with a card and, while it arrived, she was never able to verify identity. The main problem now is that the app seems stuck on 60% verified for weeks and it’s the only page will show in the app, neither ever passing or failing. How is it possible to contact support then?

Edit - also, if I do manage to get in somehow is it possible to verify with an out of date passport or would I be better just writing it off and asking them to close it down for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Edit - also, if I do manage to get in somehow is it possible to verify with an out of date passport or would I be better just writing it off and asking them to close it down for her?

You need a valid passport.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    You need a valid passport.

Will they close it for her then? She’s never going to need a passport again.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Paypal exchange rates are not good compared to Revolut. You will get a better exchange rate by using revolut for any currency conversion

Yes - you can send USD direct to a US Bank account using Revolut without fees and availing of a very good exchange rate. I have sent money to a family member in the US using this method a number of time - transfer takes a day or two. You need to Add a beneficiary in revolut and use their routing number and account number. (You only need to do this once -details are stored against your contact and can be used for subsequent transfers)

Alternatively if the person in the US can be convinced to open a Revolut account the transfer would be instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just had to cancel my physical card due to a potentially fraudulent transaction.

Can I use my disposable virtual card for transactions pre the arrival of my new physical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

seligehgit wrote: »
    Just had to cancel my physical card due to a potentially fraudulent transaction.

Can I use my disposable virtual card for transactions pre the arrival of my new physical card?

It's a different card so I don't see why not. Do you know where the card was compromised? Scan your computer to see if there's anything funny on there.

I've a question. I see that the Lotto will now accept Revolut. I haven't been on the lotto website in a looong time.

It's still not accepting my Revolut card. Is it only some cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

seligehgit wrote: »

You could create a virtual card (not disposable) and use apple or Google pay until your new card arrives.

Otherwise yes your disposable card is going to work online as it is not linked to the physical card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Always use a virtual card for online payments and only use your physical card when you have to use a physical card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Always use a virtual card for online payments and only use your physical card when you have to use a physical card.

Thanks so much to one and all.

Any ideas how to get in touch with support when the app is stuck in a verification loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

Any ideas how to get in touch with support when the app is stuck in a verification loop?

Use the chat support from someone else account. My wife had the same issue before where she tried to log in but forgot password. Even the reset etc wouldn't work and I went through mine and explain everything.

Whatever way they reset it on her account made it work again and didn't get stuck at the next attempt.

Hope this helps

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eamon92

I'm wondering if anyone can help me? or if anyone is facing the same issues.

Topping up my revolut from PTSB has always been instant, however in the last 2 weeks its taking anywhere between 2 and 3 working days to show up in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Wondering what people think about "Easy bank transfer" option for "Add Money" feature in Revolut.

I currently use my ATM card to transfer money, never had any issues and it is instant. Any reason why I should change?

I bank with PTSB, so the last post above makes me think changing it might not be such a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Eamon92 wrote: »

Topping up my revolut from PTSB has always been instant, however in the last 2 weeks its taking anywhere between 2 and 3 working days to show up in my account.

Just put €20 on it now via ptsb . No issues at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I'll be waiting and hoping the IE IBAN comes out before the current GB one 'expires'.

Your IBAN number is changing

Hi Xxxx,

A few weeks ago, we let you know that we would move some of our European Revolut customers to our European entity in Lithuania (called “Revolut Payments UAB”). As a reminder, we’re doing this to ensure that our customers will not be affected by Brexit. We intend this to be a temporary move so that when our licence in Ireland is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland we will migrate you to our Irish licence.

We’re reaching out today to update you on changes to your Revolut account as a result of this move.

New international account details

After we have transferred you to our European entity, the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) that you currently use to receive SWIFT & Euro SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) payments will change. Your current IBAN starts with a ‘GB’, but after the move your IBAN will start with an ‘LT’. We’ll email you again as soon as we have completed the move and updated your details in the app. All our customers will receive their new account details by the end of December.

To make this transition easier, you’ll be able to use both your old and new IBAN to receive transfers for the next 6 months. By using your new LT IBAN you will avoid any potential fees imposed by banks on GB customer payments within the EEA after 31st December 2020. Please read our blog post here for more information and advice in relation to this change.

When you have received your new IBAN, you will need to provide it to your employer, friends or family to receive bank transfers to your Revolut account. You’ll also need to update any active direct debits.

All your day-to-day Revolut card transactions will be unaffected. So will sending money to other Revolut users, topping up by card or topping up a Revolut Junior account.

New terms and conditions

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read the new Terms & Conditions of the Lithuanian entity that you will be transferred to here.

If you have any of our travel or device insurance products, your policy will be migrated to our European entity.

Your policy number(s) and insurance provider(s) will stay the same.Your travel insurance coverage limits and excess liability will be expressed in EUR instead of GBP (e.g. if you were previously covered for £10,000,000 worth of overseas medical cover, you will now be covered for €10,000,000)If you’re mid-trip during the migration, your cover won’t be affected.

Unhappy for any reason?

We’re confident that the migration process will go smoothly and that there will be no, or minimal, disruption to your services. If you would like more information about the migration, here is a link to a helpful FAQ.

If you would like to speak with a customer support agent or to make a complaint please get in touch with us through our in-app customer support chat.

If you are still not happy with these changes, you can close your Revolut account for free by selecting your Profile icon in the Revolut app, tapping on the Settings icon, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and choosing “Close account”. You can do this at any time before the transfer, or after we transfer you to our Lithuanian entity.

Thanks for reading.

Team Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Eamon92 wrote: »

I've just tried it now and it was instant as normal, from my ptsb card,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Im getting daily emails telling me i need to update my ID passport and drivers licence both have expired the last few weeks..however cant renew with Level 5 lockdown...what do i do??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

3 attempts declined from PTSB

Advertisement