Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

LT IBAN now live for some customers.

Looks like SEPA instant is possible for receiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

"To make this transition easier, you’ll be able to use both your old and new IBAN to receive transfers for the next 6 months"

Does anyone know if there will be a charge if keep using the GB IBAN for bills?

Dont want to get two forms etc for electric ireland and virgin media and then have to do it again in a few weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jeffk wrote: »
    "To make this transition easier, you’ll be able to use both your old and new IBAN to receive transfers for the next 6 months"

Dont want to get two forms etc for electric ireland and virgin media and then have to do it again in a few weeks/months
    if things go as they plan most likely they are counting to get license from BOI, to operate here, as its hard to know atm how long it will take em, but eventually seems people would need to change their details again.
    and email did mention that there wont be any penalty at least for the 6mo part duration in regards to fees, so would assume would be safe for time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If there is a no deal scenario than your supplier can refuse direct debits from a GB account as SEPA no longer applies.

Revolut won't charge you. However the Irish company can refuse GB accounts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If there was, I'd imagine they would no being causing such inconvenience to customers...

We can only speculate as to what will happen with this BREXIT lark, but if it goes bad and there are issues with financial services it could quickly become a headache having a UK IBAN.

I have heard from a few UK expats here in Switzerland, that they were advised at a "Preparing for BREXIT" organized by the embassy, to have UK accounts to receive their pensions, in case there are issues with paying it into a Swiss bank account after Jan 1. So that does not inspire confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for the replies, ill sit tight and see what happens

Shame Electric Ireland and Virgin cant just do it online or link a debt card, be too easy then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've been using Revoult for a few months now, and it's quite good overall.
    Excellent for transfers / instant top up from my AIB bank account etc.

Last week, when i tried to top up, it redirected me to my AIB webpage and asked me to use a card reader to complete the transaction. I did so and the money transferred.

However, it's now asking me to use a card reader any time i try to top up or transfer from Revolut to my bank.

It's a pain in the balls tbh and i've stopped using it.

I opened a chat within the app to see if they could help.
    3 hours later, they've decided to blame AIB for needing 3DS but can't explain why it's happening now and not since i first started using the card.

I read somewhere that this is a common issue? and that both AIB / Revolut are blaming each other for the issue?

Has anyone had this issue and gotten it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

When my debit card top up was declined i done a bank transfer. Usually takes 10 hours max but well over that now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks for the replies, ill sit tight and see what happens

Shame Electric Ireland and Virgin cant just do it online or link a debt card, be too easy then

I'm going to wait, the email says you can use the existing GB IBAN for another 6 months so by then hopefully they have an IE and I can just skip the Lithuanian one.

As for a no deal brexit affecting if merchants will accept a GB IBAN, even with a no deal there's nothing to say firm's will start rejecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

bigpink wrote: »
    Im getting daily emails telling me i need to update my ID passport and drivers licence both have expired the last few weeks..however cant renew with Level 5 lockdown...what do i do??

A current passport is the only acceptable ID verification for Revolut. An online passport can be applied for but it seems you will have to wait for it to be processed until Level 5 is relaxed. Maybe contact Revolut and tell them this and get your application in now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Last week, when i tried to top up, it redirected me to my AIB webpage and asked me to use a card reader to complete the transaction. I did so and the money transferred.

However, it's now asking me to use a card reader any time i try to top up or transfer from Revolut to my bank.

3 hours later, they've decided to blame AIB for needing 3DS but can't explain why it's happening now and not since i first started using the card.

I read somewhere that this is a common issue? and that both AIB / Revolut are blaming each other for the issue?

Same issue myself... real pain to be fair, very convenient for AIB I have to say.

It ain’t an issue with KBC or PTSB cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

RoYoBo wrote: »
    A current passport is the only acceptable ID verification for Revolut. An online passport can be applied for but it seems you will have to wait for it to be processed until Level 5 is relaxed. Maybe contact Revolut and tell them this and get your application in now?

My colleague had his passport renewed this week. I think online renewals are still being processed, but counter service and maybe even first time applications are out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

3d secure is pretty useless nowadays, remember getting it when using online with BOI- and then you forget the password eventually etc, id guess your actual bank is being the culprit would be about right, if or why does it apply would be mystery thou.
    heres a bit of info but 0 about how to remove it: https://www.aibms.com/help/fraud-prevention/3d-secure/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    When my debit card top up was declined i done a bank transfer. Usually takes 10 hours max but well over that now.

If I had to do bank transfer stuff I'd probably just start to use my N26 account a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It looks like AIB changed their ‘marking’ of revolut from a transfer to a purchase. I might be getting those the other way around but it certainly seems like the issue is with how AIB classify payments to revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Haven't been in this thread in ages. My Revolut hasn't had much use during Covid.

But does anyone else find the app useless now? It's not very intuitive anymore.

I end up going through all the icons looking for my vault, looking up an exchange rate, trying to find a list of transactions etc.

Seems to get worse with every update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I’m still rocking version 6.16 when the times were good :pac:

Thankfully Revolut don’t force updates... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Wheety wrote: »
    Haven't been in this thread in ages. My Revolut hasn't had much use during Covid.

But does anyone else find the app useless now? It's not very intuitive anymore.

I end up going through all the icons looking for my vault, looking up an exchange rate, trying to find a list of transactions etc.

Seems to get worse with every update.

Agreed. The only upside is that I'm not spending anything from my vault, because I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

McGaggs wrote: »
    Agreed. The only upside is that I'm not spending anything from my vault, because I can't find it.

Completely forgot I had some money in a vault, thanks for the reminder. Took me well over a minute to find it too. All the while there are two useless buttons at the bottom of the screen for rewards and gifts or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I transferred 200 euro to my n26 account this afternoon from revolut. It only shows up once on my revolut.

But 400 (2x200) was lodged into my n26.

Anyone ever had this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 7276887e

Has anyone set up revolut to take payments for a sports club ie payment of 2 or 3 euro from the parents to pay for training on a weekly basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Same here, it's a bit of a pain alright.
    I just transferred in revolut through Google pay linked to the same current account, no problems.

Edit: doesn't seem to work for auto top up

Can someone help me? I set up Auto topup ages ago and can not find the option now. I want to turn it off.

This app is awful now. Used to be so much easier to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can someone help me? I set up Auto topup ages ago and can not find the option now. I want to turn it off.

This app is awful now. Used to be so much easier to navigate.

Tap the currency/accounts > Add Money > Then the automatic symbol (+ inside a circular arrow)

You can then edit the amount or delete it completely.

Thank you! Easy when you know how :-)

I'm sure it used to be a lot more obvious where that option was.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

It was - new layout is a dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Your welcome.
    It was easier indeed when the last tab had all the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Have they changed the way adding funds are done now? It seems to have forgotten my card details, and apparently fund transfers aren't instant anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Instant adding of funds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have to use a card reader every time now it seems, pain in the hole

Advertisement