Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

Mad me add my card again but the money went straight on when I did.

It did go to the BOI verify page though so I’d say if anyone has a password for that they’ll need to enter it each time. That’s going to be a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Have they changed the way adding funds are done now? It seems to have forgotten my card details, and apparently fund transfers aren't instant anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

I haven’t tried to top op but this notice was there
    We’ve made some minor changes to how you top up your account.

When you next top-up your account with a card, you might need to re-enter your card details. Alternatively, try one of our other top-up methods.

Thanks for understanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,568 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have they changed the way adding funds are done now? It seems to have forgotten my card details, and apparently fund transfers aren't instant anymore. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I've a notice on top when I am on the main screen saying I may need to enter card details next time I topup. I topped up last Wednesday and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Tried to put money on card and it was sent back card was activated and moved properly so don't know.. Anyone any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭EletricMan

Hi guy's,

Quick question regarding cancelled orders from Amazon.

I ordered something and cancelled it before it dispatched. What's the story with the money held by Amazon? How do I get this Bach on my revoult account. I have cancelled something before and I'm actually unsure if I got refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EletricMan wrote: »
    Hi guy's,

Quick question regarding cancelled orders from Amazon.

I ordered something and cancelled it before it dispatched. What's the story with the money held by Amazon? How do I get this Bach on my revoult account. I have cancelled something before and I'm actually unsure if I got refunded.

You'll get it back in a week/10 days or so(possibly quicker).
    They'll do it from their end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

F1ngers wrote: »
    You'll get it back in a week/10 days or so(possibly quicker).
    They'll do it from their end.

Refunds for me in this situation have been 2 business days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got a message promoting me to try topping up via bank transfer instead the other day when I was topping up via card. I guess its much cheaper for them, are they trying to move people to that method? Wanted to buy something straight away so declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Topped up at 4pm yesterday and it didn't transfer until 7am today. It said 'payment from my name' instead of the usual 'top up'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

App seems to have deleted my BoI card from top up, with a note now that “we are changing how you top up”

Anyone know what This entails/why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

bennyl10 wrote: »
    App seems to have deleted my BoI card from top up, with a note now that “we are changing how you top up”

Anyone know what This entails/why?

#1 to force you into using the cheaper top up methods of "easy bank transfer"

#2 they have changed the provider used for processing credit card top ups to themselves so they were unable to keep all data to comply with regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I got the same message. I usually top up using Google Pay so tried it earlier and it worked as usual, instant top up with no extra steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I just had to re add my default card that I had stored. It is working fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is it just me or can people use a debt card with auto top up?

I had it with my BOI credit card, but moved to EBS and using debit card and no auto top up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I just had to re add my default card that I had stored. It is working fine since.

Similar.
    I now need to put in the card details each time, but don't need to use a card reader.
    If I use NFC on my phone it inputs everything apart from the CCV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Topped up by Apple Pay there. Instant, so I think that’ll be my new “go-to” method

I don’t keep money on revolut so the instant top up is pretty much essential

Also just topped up with Apple Pay with my recently added PTSB card. It was instant and no need to enter anything. Will also use this going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Anyone having problems topping up with Google Pay? I top my Revolut every week with it but it keeps getting declined today.

Improved web version seemingly live:

As per multiple press articles:
    Revolut is shifting from mobile-only to an online model, enabling its 13 million customers around the world to access their accounts from a desktop PC or laptop.

The Web-based version of the Revolut account provides customers with a complete overview of their transaction history and cards. They can also use the Web App to top up their account and contact customer support via an online chat function.

Customers can additionally go online to freeze/unfreeze their cards, block/unblock their PIN and toggle all other card security settings on or off in a few clicks.

Nik Storonsky, CEO and Founder at Revolut says: “Account access through a browser is highly requested by our customers, so we’re delighted to have built a safe and convenient web app that everyone can use when they need it. Our customers can now access their money anywhere and at any time, even if they don’t have their phone or card, or if they simply prefer checking their account from a computer.”

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

"Our customers can now access their money anywhere and at any time, even if they don’t have their phone or card, or if they simply prefer checking their account from a computer.”

I just gave it a try, you need to authenticate the login via the phone app, so you do need to have your phone with you?

• Advertisement

jimmy86 wrote: »
    "Our customers can now access their money anywhere and at any time, even if they don’t have their phone or card, or if they simply prefer checking their account from a computer.”

I just gave it a try, you need to authenticate the login via the phone app, so you do need to have your phone with you?

If you don't have your app you can wait 1 minutes to be presented with different options which include SMS and e-mail.

Just make sure you open the e-mail on the same device as you tried to log on.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

If you don't have your app you can wait 1 minutes to be presented with different options which include SMS and e-mail.

Nice one, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

could anyone log in then if they knew any info about your a/c ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tried logging in online, says Passcode is incorrect .
    I presume that is my Pin ?

Logged in with phone number and pin, then authenticated with the app. All good, not too much to look at at the moment. It will be nice when they eventually have analytics and budgeting functionality on the web. Easier to to look at that sort of stuff on a larger screen imo.

could anyone log in then if they knew any info about your a/c ??

They would need to have your phone number, pass code and access to your phone or email.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tried logging in online, says Passcode is incorrect .
    I presume that is my Pin ?

The passcode is the 4 digit code you set when you first installed the app not the PIN of a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

Having trouble trying to top up from my AIB account it's saying I need a card reader? Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Like others here, I was told about re-entering my debit card to top up when I tried on Sunday. I hadn't it to hand at the time, so left it until I was ready today. Top-up happened with no further request to add the card! Long may it continue ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

kayjay123 wrote: »
    Having trouble trying to top up from my AIB account it's saying I need a card reader? Any way around this?

Google Pay

Advertisement