Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Anyone have a similar experience to this? About a month ago, 50 euros was stolen off my revolut card by a merchant who I have no idea nor no dealings with. I immediately froze the card, spoke to customer support, ordered a new card, and requested a chargeback. The money was put back on my card and today I got an email saying that my request for a chargeback has been denied. They say that they have checked with the merchant and are satisfied with the proof provided. I am absolutely dumbfounded and furious with them. What can I do now? Report to the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Anyone have a similar experience to this? About a month ago, 50 euros was stolen off my revolut card by a merchant who I have no idea nor no dealings with. I immediately froze the card, spoke to customer support, ordered a new card, and requested a chargeback. The money was put back on my card and today I got an email saying that my request for a chargeback has been denied. They say that they have checked with the merchant and are satisfied with the proof provided. I am absolutely dumbfounded and furious with them. What can I do now? Report to the Gardai?

look ' the date and time of the merchant & some of the merchants processing name could be different, could be the parent company on it. like pc world dixons currys. type of way. i had same experience on my bank card but the merchants name was the parent company processing. Are u able say the name so could look it up.

look ' the date and time of the merchant & some of the merchants processing name could be different, could be the parent company on it. like pc world dixons currys. type of way. i had same experience on my bank card but the merchants name was the parent company processing

Thanks but I've checked all that. The time of the transaction was when I was fast asleep too. They say they are satisfied with the documentation provided by the merchant so I've asked for a copy of said documentation. I have received no service or goods based on this transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The passcode is the 4 digit code you set when you first installed the app not the PIN of a card.

Its not the 4 digits I enter on the App so ?

Thanks but I've checked all that. The time of the transaction was when I was fast asleep too. They say they are satisfied with the documentation provided by the merchant so I've asked for a copy of said documentation. I have received no service or goods based on this transaction.
    could be a long time so before it is resolved,when you are looking for documentation cause its basically fraud then on card if you didnt use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

In support of above Lidl in Nenagh shows as Aldi Nenagh on my Revolut & doesn't correct itself.

could be a long time so before it is resolved,when you are looking for documentation cause its basically fraud then on card if you didnt use it.

Revolut are saying it is resolved and I am liable for the payment. They've taken the money back off my card. If they have the documentation from the merchant I'll be very interested to see what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its not the 4 digits I enter on the App so ?

It's the 4 digits you enter in the App (if you don't have biometrics activated).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It's the 4 digits you enter in the App (if you don't have biometrics activated).

Hmm, thats what I entered ,said its incorrect .:(
    Not to worry, its not important.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Hmm, thats what I entered ,said its incorrect .:(
    Not to worry, its not important.

Change you passcode in the app and see if that helps.

• Advertisement

Revolut are saying it is resolved and I am liable for the payment. They've taken the money back off my card. If they have the documentation from the merchant I'll be very interested to see what it is.

You first step is to log a complaint.

They are using a survey monkey form for it, which is simply crazy:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9599PS9

They have 15 days to provide you with a reply addressing the issue.

If that does not resolve your issue in your favor than log a dispute with the Bank of Lithuania:

https://www.lb.lt/en/dbc-settle-a-dispute-with-a-financial-service-provider

Alternative

Ask Revolut for the full details of the merchant (address) and transaction details (i.e. offline/online/transaction id) and then initiate a direct complaint to them or the relevant local authority.

Also, if you are sure it's fraudulent than you will need to have a report from your local garda station for any further actions.

You first step is to log a complaint.

They are using a survey monkey form for it, which is simply crazy:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/9599PS9

They have 15 days to provide you with a reply addressing the issue.

If that does not resolve your issue in your favor than log a dispute with the Bank of Lithuania:

https://www.lb.lt/en/dbc-settle-a-dispute-with-a-financial-service-provider

Alternative

Ask Revolut for the full details of the merchant (address) and transaction details (i.e. offline/online/transaction id) and then initiate a direct complaint to them or the relevant local authority.

Also, if you are sure it's fraudulent than you will need to have a report from your local garda station for any further actions.

Be prepared for a long wait after this then.

Be prepared for a long wait after this then.

The Bank of Lithuania is actually very quick when it comes to addressing issue or to tell you that they are not the right organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

The Web-based version of the Revolut account provides customers with a complete overview of their transaction history and cards. They can also use the Web App to top up their account and contact customer support via an online chat function.
    :

Strangely it's reported as being launched today but I stumbled across this a few weeks ago and presumed it had been available for a while but that I had missed the launch.

Edited to add: I see talk about it on the Revolut forum since September.

The only difference when logging in today is that it brings me straight to PIN entry and then asks for app authentication. Previously the 1st step was email/SMS verification and then it asked for PIN.

I don't see the option to top up or contact support, is that live yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Email in...

Welcome to Revolut Europe

Hi

A few weeks ago, we let you know that we would move our EU Revolut customers to our European entity in Lithuania (“Revolut Payments UAB”). Today we have officially made the switch.

As a reminder, we’ve made this change to ensure that our customers will not be affected by Brexit. We intend that this will be a temporary move and that when our license in Ireland is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland we will migrate you to our Irish licence.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read your new Terms and Conditions here. If you use our Revolut Junior product, you can find your new Revolut Junior Terms here.

New account details

We have changed the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) that you use to receive bank payments. Your IBAN is used in payments to or from other banks, and regular payments to or from businesses. These can include payments like:

Direct debitsYour salaryBank payments to your Revolut account

Payments to other Revolut users are not affected: nor are payments made using your Revolut card, or topping up your Revolut account.

Your new IBAN starts with an ‘LT’ and replaces your old IBAN which started with ‘GB’. You can find your new IBAN by selecting your Profile icon in the Revolut app, tapping on “Account details” and then selecting an account. You’ll need to provide this new IBAN to your employer, friends or family to receive transfers to your Revolut account. You’ll also need to update any active direct debits with your new details.

To make this transition easier, for six months you’ll still receive payments sent to your old IBAN. However the bank sending the money may decide to impose an additional fee for transfers to GB IBANs after Brexit, so we strongly suggest you start using your new LT IBAN by 31st December. Please read our blog post here for more information and advice in relation to this change.

What about my Revolut insurance policy?

If you have any of our travel or device insurance products, your policy has been migrated to our European entity.

Your policy number(s) and insurance provider(s) will stay the same.Your travel insurance coverage limits and excess liability will be expressed in EUR instead of GBP (e.g. if you were previously covered for £10,000,000 worth of overseas medical cover, you will now be covered for €10,000,000)If you’re mid-trip during the migration, your cover won’t be affected.

You can view your updated policy in the app.

Unhappy for any reason?

If you would like more information about the migration, here is a link to a helpful FAQ.

If you would like to speak with a customer support agent or to make a complaint please get in touch with us through our in-app customer support chat.

If you are still not happy with these changes, you can close your Revolut account for free by selecting your Profile icon in the Revolut app, tapping on the Settings icon, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and choosing “Close account”.

Thanks for reading.

Team Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Seems they've changed how to top up revolut from my ptsb a/c and it's a pain.
    Unless I'm doing something wrong now when i top up by easy bank transfer (which is what they are recommending) the app directs me to enter my ptsb pin plus open 24 number. Then it sends me a text which i have to enter in again. Before it was just a simple add money without all this rigmarole
    It seems i have to go through this every time i want to add money?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Does anyone know if top ups via avantcard credit cards are still treated as transactions rather than cash advancements?

Seems they've changed how to top up revolut from my ptsb a/c and it's a pain.
    Unless I'm doing something wrong now when i top up by easy bank transfer (which is what they are recommending) the app directs me to enter my ptsb pin plus open 24 number. Then it sends me a text which i have to enter in again. Before it was just a simple add money without all this rigmarole
    It seems i have to go through this every time i want to add money?

For "easy bank transfer" this is normal behavior. In return your money should be credited quickly while a conventional bank transfer takes a day.

You can also add money by changing the top up process to your Debit/Credit Card or you can continue making SEPA transfers from PTSB to Revolut.

Easy Bank Transfer is their new preferred way as it guarantees they get the money for low cost while using the credit/debit card costs significant fees.

For "easy bank transfer" this is normal behavior. In return your money should be credited quickly while a conventional bank transfer takes a day.

You can also add money by changing the top up process to your Debit/Credit Card or you can continue making SEPA transfers from PTSB to Revolut.

Easy Bank Transfer is their new preferred way as it guarantees they get the money for low cost while using the credit/debit card costs significant fees.

Thanks for that explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I tried topping up by Card but it wouldn't let me. It wants me to use Easy Transfer.

Are you sure topping up by Card is still an option?

How safe is it using easy transfer. Do Revolut log your Bank customer number and Password? I'm not comfortable entering these after being redirected by Revolut.

If I choose to pay on Amazon using my regular Bank Card am I still better paying in GBP than in Euro?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I tried topping up by Card but it wouldn't let me. It wants me to use Easy Transfer.

How safe is it using easy transfer. Do Revolut log your Bank customer number and Password? I'm not comfortable entering these after being redirected by Revolut.

If I choose to pay on Amazon using my regular Bank Card am I still better paying in GBP than in Euro?
    Yes, as Amazon will fleece you on the FX conversion. But if you're not happy with Revolut, look at other options like Curve. BTW, Curve is giving £10 cashback on Amazon purchases of £100 and over for the next two weeks.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes, as Amazon will fleece you on the FX conversion. But if you're not happy with Revolut, look at other options like Curve. BTW, Curve is giving £10 cashback on Amazon purchases of £100 and over for the next two weeks.

What bank details do Curve log?

You have ro re enter your card details.
    If you top up by card ... its not instantaneous like before.

You still can use your Debit/Credit card, it's just a little bit of a click adventure.

Click "Add Money"
    Click "change" next to the big Easy bank transfer text
    Scroll down
    Click "Debit or Credit Card"
    Returns to previous screen
    Click "Add Money"
    Scan you card or add details manually

Revolut has not publicly disclosed yet as to how they do this and the relevant page about protection is funny enough empty:

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/help/my-accounts/linked-accounts/are-the-details-of-my-linked-account-protected

The terms say as follows:
    When you use our Open Banking Services to initiate a payment from an account you hold with another provider, you must authorise us to make that payment as well. We won’t store any of the sensitive payment data you provide to give that authorisation. We will consider that you gave us consent and authorised us to initiate payments from those accounts when you choose in Revolut app to use a certain payment service and after you fill in all necessary and requested information you submit it on Revolut app.

So it's down to your own risk assessment if you use it or not.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

What bank details do Curve log?
    None. They just take your credit/debit card details. There's no topping up.

Every time you use your Curve card, Curve passes the transaction onto your pre-selected underlying card in real time, performing any necessary FX conversion in the process. The transaction then appears on your credit/debit card as if you had made it directly with that card. Kinda like Apple/Google Pay.

You have ro re enter your card details.
    If you top up by card ... its not instantaneous like before.

I eventually managed to re enter my card details.

The lodgement was Instantaneous though.

Quackster wrote: »
    None. They just take your credit/debit card details. There's no topping up.

Every time you use your Curve card, Curve passes the transaction onto your pre-selected underlying card in real time, performing any necessary FX conversion in the process. The transaction then appears on your credit/debit card as if you had made it directly with that card. Kinda like Apple/Google Pay.

I tried signing up on the app but it said they don't ship to Ireland

Got an email saying Revolut have now completed the change to Lithuanian Iban's and all Iban's will now use the LT prefix rather than GB.

Email
    We have changed the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) that you use to receive bank payments. Your IBAN is used in payments to or from other banks, and regular payments to or from businesses. These can include payments like:

Direct debits
    Your salary
    Bank payments to your Revolut account
    Payments to other Revolut users are not affected: nor are payments made using your Revolut card, or topping up your Revolut account.

Your new IBAN starts with an ‘LT’ and replaces your old IBAN which started with ‘GB’. You can find your new IBAN by selecting your Profile icon in the Revolut app, tapping on “Account details” and then selecting an account. You’ll need to provide this new IBAN to your employer, friends or family to receive transfers to your Revolut account. You’ll also need to update any active direct debits with your new details.

To make this transition easier, for six months you’ll still receive payments sent to your old IBAN. However the bank sending the money may decide to impose an additional fee for transfers to GB IBANs after Brexit, so we strongly suggest you start using your new LT IBAN by 31st December. Please read our blog post here for more information and advice in relation to this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

My daughter has reacher contactless limit on her Revolut junior card.

How do I reset it?

I know for my own card I just have to log into the app, but the doesn't seem to be working for the junior account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Advertisement